We stayed at this Days Inn for 8 nights and we would recommend it to travelers. The price was awesome, the location on the beach was fantastic, it's located on the dry side of Maui so it doesn't rain, the room was clean and taken care of daily while we were out and about, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. They even have a nice barbeque area so we could grill our own food. It was great for what we wanted and needed and there is a convenience store and beach rental place right next door. Did I mention the beach is fantastic? It's great for kids as the surf most days was fairly light and there is a great snorkling / scuba diving location right next to the beach.
There were a few things that keep this from getting an "excellent" rating for us. It shares a parking lot with a restaurant and the restaurant is so close to the hotel is might as well be part of the hotel. After this restaurant closes, the staff can get loud for about an hour. I was woken up once by a restaurant worker revving his motorcycle right outside our room. I did have the windows to the room open though and if they have been shut it might not have woken me up. Also, the parking lot spaces are really tight, so if you have an SUV like we did, you have to park it just perfectly as there will only be about 6 inches of space on each side of the parking space. They do have extra parking across the street which I utilized several times in order just to have an easier place to park.
If you are on a budget and don't mind no frills, this is a great place to stay. If you need "bells and whistles" it wouldn't be for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a splendid stretch of sand 2 miles from Kihei, this low-rise hotel is 3 miles from the championship golf courses of Wailea Resort; Maui Ocean Center is 8 miles away.With louvered shutters, tiled floors, ceiling fans, and island accents, all 87 guestrooms offer compact refrigerators, complimentary local calls, premium channels, coffeemakers, and in-room safes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Maui Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Maui Oceanfront Hotel Kihei
- Best Western Kihei
- Kihei Best Western
- Days Inn Maui Oceanfront Kihei