“Very nice beachfront hotel”

Days Inn Maui Oceanfront
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Kihei
Oviedo, Florida
“Very nice beachfront hotel”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed at this Days Inn for 8 nights and we would recommend it to travelers. The price was awesome, the location on the beach was fantastic, it's located on the dry side of Maui so it doesn't rain, the room was clean and taken care of daily while we were out and about, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. They even have a nice barbeque area so we could grill our own food. It was great for what we wanted and needed and there is a convenience store and beach rental place right next door. Did I mention the beach is fantastic? It's great for kids as the surf most days was fairly light and there is a great snorkling / scuba diving location right next to the beach.

There were a few things that keep this from getting an "excellent" rating for us. It shares a parking lot with a restaurant and the restaurant is so close to the hotel is might as well be part of the hotel. After this restaurant closes, the staff can get loud for about an hour. I was woken up once by a restaurant worker revving his motorcycle right outside our room. I did have the windows to the room open though and if they have been shut it might not have woken me up. Also, the parking lot spaces are really tight, so if you have an SUV like we did, you have to park it just perfectly as there will only be about 6 inches of space on each side of the parking space. They do have extra parking across the street which I utilized several times in order just to have an easier place to park.

If you are on a budget and don't mind no frills, this is a great place to stay. If you need "bells and whistles" it wouldn't be for you.

Room Tip: We had a room in the second building from the beach, room 209. It has it's own private lanai wi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Hungarian first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2013

For a budget trip to Maui, the Days Inn met all expectations. located at the end of S.Kehei road on one of the best beaches on the island, the location is perfect. Rooms were clean and linens fresh. Amenities were adequate and as expected and advertised. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Perhaps rent a one bedroom suite
Holte, Denmark
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Nothing much to say except the hotel is fine, the room is OK and the location next to the beach is good.
Though, it is an advantage to have a car, as the hotel is placed in a distance from the town.
Nice staff

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
vancouver
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel was the biggest disappointment of our 2.5 week trip to Hawaii.

Good: Location was right on the beach. Parking was free. Bed was very comfortable.
Bad: Internet not free, terrible state of rooms, poor customer service, promises ignored

We did arrive early and were given a room but it was along the main road. This room was filthy and falling apart. The door had no security latch, in fact it looked like the door was kicked in. The phone was missing numbers. The fridge was falling apart from rust. The bathroom was small. There really wasn't much of a closet, although it did have a safe (there is a $50 deposit for the safe key). The A/C was great but VERY noisy. We were awoken several times throughout the say by the sound of cars and people outside due to a lack of soundproofing in the windows.
The first morning a tree trimming company started at about 7:30AM! First we were woken by the reverse beeping noises, then the sound of the power saw to cut branches. That morning I complained to the manager about the state of the room. I was promised the floor would be cleaned, the door would be fixed and the phone replaced. Well, the phone was replaced. That is all! I was and promised $40 as an apology.
Then as we checked out to rush to the airport, I noticed that they did not remove the $50 safe key deposit NOR did they give me the $40 credit. So, we turned around to get my refunds. I got my $50 key refund and was told she was not able to give me the credit. She showed me a note that said I was entitled to the $40 credit and ensured me it would be fixed that day. I was promised a call and email when complete. We rushed to the airport, just making our flight because of this.
I called the hotel 2 more times (once a week) to follow up. Each time I was told there was a note on file and it would get fixed right away. The person I spoke with at the hotel the 3rd time said there was nothing on file for my credit but it would be fixed immediately. She told me she would speak with her manager and that I would still get a call and email. Today I called to follow up..this is now over 4 weeks since our complaint/stay. I was told there is no record of my credit so he wasn't able to help me (pointe finale). I demanded that a manager call me back, provided my cell number and waited all day. No call. I have now sent a complaint to Days Inn.
While each person (except for the last person) I dealt with were very pleasant, no one followed through with promises. I WOULD NOT recommend this place.

Room Tip: insist on a room away from the main road as there is no soundproofing
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mellymel75

Travelers are raving about these Kihei hotels

Vancouver
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The location was great - not on the busy strip. Just a few steps away from the beach! The beach was awesome - you can snorkel within a few feet (see fish and turtles). The sunsets were amazing. The room was very small, aircon was loud and you can hear other guests in the next room. I guess you can't have it all ... overall good stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Maui Coast Hotel
Mana Kai Maui
Mana Kai Maui
#7 of 62 in Kihei
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to Days Inn Maui Oceanfront? Share your experiences!