“Underwhelmed in maui”

Days Inn Maui Oceanfront
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Kihei

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Hungarian first
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We booked a two night stay for a weekend getaway to Maui from Honolulu. We knew since we had a cap on spening we would have to get a "not so expensive" hotel so this hotel was perfect. Overall we had a good stay. The rooms were clean and everything worked. The bed was comfortable. Parking and the internet was free. The staff was nice and we even got a late checkout. I would recommend this hotel if you are on a budget and dont have prefrence for anything fancy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank r0dt
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We booked through hotwire and combined with a rental car and could not believe the price for a hotel on the beach. By far the least expensive you will find anywhere on Maui. The rooms are microscopic, so if you are looking for luxury, the 4 seasons is down the street for 4 times the cost. I don't go to Maui to spend time at the hotel. Too many beaches and hikes. But they do have tempurpedic memory foam mattresses which I have never seen in a hotel at any price. Long story short, it's located on a great beach and has a really good bed at an unbelievable price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I did enjoy my stay here, I went with a friend during Thanksgiving weekend. I enjoyed the beach being so close since we did not rent a car. About a mile away there's stores and restaurants, so walking distance it was great. I did not like how they had one bed in the rooms, I was not expecting that, so next time in the future I will do a little bit more research when traveling with others. Overall I would return again since it's so close to the beach, and they do offer restaurant hotel discounts.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is the best value hotel I have stayed in. The location is second to non, the prices was so cheap, I had to re-check it a few times. The room was small (who cares when you stay in it so little) it was clean, however one can see that it can be in better shape. It is on the beach and it is so close to town. I would stay again, and yes if I want to spend 4-8 times the amount I can find better hotels, however for the price it was well well worth it.

Room Tip: Second floor is quieter, and closer to teh beach is better.