Rude, lazy, customer service.
I checked in on a Monday night, booked Mon-Thurs. On Tues I asked to extend the room til Fri. The receptionist said I would need to come back on Thurs to close out the room and pay for Thurs night. I offered to come back sooner, she assured me that I could keep my room and it was all reserved. They had my credit card on file. I didn't question it.
When I came back Thurs I was told THEY HAD SOLD MY ROOM TO SOMEONE ELSE! They had 2 other rooms avail I could move but would need to pay the oceanfront suite rate. Then a different receptionist had the nerve to interrogate me: "HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY THINK WE'D RESERVE A ROOM FOR YOU WHEN YOU DIDN'T EVEN PAY FOR IT. YOU NEED TO LEAVE NOW! AND YOU WILL BE CHARGED A LATE CHECK-OUT FEE BECAUSE YOUR STUFF IS STILL IN THE ROOM" I asked to speak to the mgr ( a step backwards) the kid was just as unwilling. I offered solutions, put your soon to arrive guests in the other room, put me in the other room for one night at the promised rate.... THE MGR SAID WE DON'T HAVE ANY AVAILABLE ROOMS FOR YOU. YOU NEED TO PACK UP AND LEAVE!"
The room was small missing a window screen and it took 2 days to get wash cloths even after leaving a note at the front desk. IF YOU LIKE RUDE INCOMPETENCE, this is your place!
After all this they did say they wouldn't charge my card for late check out. I'll check, because you can't believe anything they'll tell you.
I found a place close to the airport for the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a splendid stretch of sand 2 miles from Kihei, this low-rise hotel is 3 miles from the championship golf courses of Wailea Resort; Maui Ocean Center is 8 miles away.With louvered shutters, tiled floors, ceiling fans, and island accents, all 87 guestrooms offer compact refrigerators, complimentary local calls, premium channels, coffeemakers, and in-room safes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Days Inn Maui Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Maui Oceanfront Hotel Kihei
- Best Western Kihei
- Kihei Best Western
- Days Inn Maui Oceanfront Kihei