Days Inn Maui Oceanfront
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui(Wailea)
1,456 results
All reviewsrooms are smallbeautiful beachfridge and microwavekeawakapu beachcoffee potgreat snorkelingcleaning staffhotel roomlaundry roomrental carshort drivemauioceanbeachesislandsandpalms
Reviewed July 13, 2011

This place was terrific! Just steps to a beautiful beach -great for swimming, walking, or just looking up and down the beach. Sunsets were beautiful. This smallish hotel is not a slick highrise ...more a throwback to a more romantic Hawaii...and no, those aren't ordinary lizards..they are friendly little geckos which are found every where in Hawaii--it's fun to watch their antics & amazing climbing skill --FYI they are completely harmless. & so what if the wifi is in the lobby...we came to swim and surf the ocean ...not the NET! We had a little suite --my mom, sister and I, which I recommend. The little living room was very tasteful...again, not slick modern, but the feeling of old Hawaii...this is what we came for! Highly recommend it...but if you need more room, get the suite.

Room Tip: Ask for suite with ocean view or at least a suite.
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Taratree
smckay090, General Manager at Days Inn Maui Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2011

Aloha, Taratree

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments! It was great to hear how well you enjoyed your stay and that it helped you have a wonderful experience here on Maui. I hope you left with some unforgettable memories. We look forward to having another opportunity to have you as our guest. Thanks again!

Warmest Regards

Reviewed July 12, 2011

Good value for the price, great location, room not bad. However maid service and some of the front desk (not Crystal) very much lacking. I tipped the maids the first three days of my seven day stay, but I found that each day, cleanliness of my room got worse and worse. On the fourth day, they even forgot to clean my room. When i went down to the office to tell the girl, the first thing out of her mouth was not an apology but an accusation that I left my do not disturb sign on my door all day, which I had not. Maid gave me two tiny bars of soap first day and never replenished them for the next six nights of my stay. Coffee pot and cup never rinsed out, and coffee package was never replaced or coffee area wiped down. Floor some days unswept and sheets only replaced every three days. Parking was very inconvenient as well. Overall, if you can afford something else, take it. If not, stay here, at least your in Maui.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank tjdouglas
smckay090, Manager at Days Inn Maui Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying with us. I am so sorry you experienced the issues with Housekeeping and Front Desk. We pride ourselves on the hospitality we provide our guests and I deeply regret we failed to provide that level of service to you. I am addressing your comments with both staffs to ensure we prevent this from happening in the future. Overall, I hope you left Maui with some unforgettable memories. Mahalo and Best Regards.

Reviewed July 4, 2011

Rooms quite basic, not very large. However room had fridge and safe which were useful. The hotel is practically on the beach, which is beautiful. Would highly recommend this hotel if you just want a room to sleep in but want a great beach. Need a car to get around other places as nearest shops and bars about 30-40 min walk. Staff friendly and you can use the activities booking desk in the next door hotel. Free internet in the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
smckay090, General Manager at Days Inn Maui Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Aloha HAtraveler.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for being our guest. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you left Maui with some wonderful memories. Mahalo!

Reviewed June 30, 2011

My husband and I were island jumping and stayed at this hotel based on the location and price. We absolutely loved it! Free parking, ocean front, right by some awesome restaurants and shops. Couldn't have asked for more in an economical hotel.

Only thing to know: the hotel room is VERY small. You may have 2 ft on ea. side of the bed. But really, how long are you even in the room??

Room Tip: Ask for a room closest to the beach!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Aloha, VTbrooklyn04.

Thanks for the wonderful review! We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks so much for being our guest!

Reviewed June 23, 2011

I booked online taking advantage of a special discounted rate (4 nights stay). The room was beautiful, spacious and comfortable. A little bit dated... but for the price you pay it's ok.
My room was in at about 40 meters from the sea.. I was very thrilled when I saw the location. In HI beaches are public, so you can have people eating and drinking outside your door.. But if they are not dangerous it's ok.. The first night I came I had three old guys playing guitar outside my door... And it was a pretty welcome.... I am currently travelling alone and I had the feeling to be secure in this property. The parking places are very small, but I'm from italy and parkings in my country are all like that.. If you need extra parking there is a big public parking place just in the opposite side of the main entrance of the hotel..so don't complain for the parking please. I did't try the restaurant, cause I don't want to eat italian when I travel, but it was really nice and full of fancy people. The restaurant is located just facing the sea.. probably the people with the oceanfront rooms are a little bit disappointed because of the restaurant located under their windows.. but I don't think that you go to bed at 10 pm while in Hawaii....... so don't complain for that.. The only negative point is the internet. you need to go to the lobby to use the free wifi.. and the shower a little bit dated. the room was clean and I didn't have any problem. Only one thing regarding the maintenance boy.. He has changed a bulb in my bathroom. I found the bulb in the trash together with its container and a dead spider in the sink.. Probably someone should tell him that when he does some works in the rooms if he doesn't want to clean - or if it's not his job - he has to call a maid to clean it up.... I had a great stay here.. And I would recommend this hotel to all my friends. My next time in Maui I will come again in your hotel .. thank you!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
smckay090, General Manager at Days Inn Maui Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2011

Aloha, Kawaiiqueen.
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you left Maui with lots a great memories...but with room for more on your next trip. We look forward to having you as a guest again in the future. And apologies for the trash left behind by maintenance - we will fix that!

Mahalo