Very relaxing atmosphere in a central location…right on the beach!
We stayed at Sugar Beach Resort from March 31/08 to April 10/08 and enjoyed it very much. We rented through VRBO and had no problems as the Condo was pretty much as expected. Clean and comfortable with the furniture perhaps a little “dated” but very acceptable. We had a ground floor unit and from our Lanai we were 25 steps to the beach. We like going the condo route, more room etc. Usually the only meals we prepare would be breakfast and that would only be cereal or toast, but it’s nice to have it on your Lanai in your jammies if you want.
The Sugar Beach Resort was always very clean and although they were doing a little construction on the other building, it really didn’t impact us. The pool and hot tub looked nice but we never got around to trying them. One of the nicest features there was the barbeque area, we bbq’d a couple of nights and it was great not having to go out plus you get to meet more people. The beach isn’t very wide but certainly swimable and you could walk quite a distance in either direction (and we did). We enjoyed being able to see whales, turtles and seals right from our Lanai. There is a general store there which was very convenient and a couple places to book trips to Scuba and other activities or you could rent scuba gear by the day. Also, there is a great little pub called Dina’s SandWitch that shouldn’t be missed.
The Wind: Yes, it was windy, very windy, pretty much the whole time we were there. Did it ruin our trip, he** no. The building we were in protected us from the wind when we were outside, just off our Lanai catching some sun. In fact, it usually got too hot and we would pull our lounge chars out in to the wind so we wouldn’t be so hot.
The Location: Great central location for going pretty much anywhere. The Road To Hana, Haleakala Crater, Kahului to shop, Wailia to shop and see the sights or continue on to Big Beach. You can also drive up to Lahaina to shop or eat and stroll Front Street or go to Lahaina Luau.
If I were to go back to Maui and wanted a Condo…I would book at Sugar Beach Resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach Resort is an all inclusive, quiet and well located ocean front condo hotel. Each unit is individually owned. The resort is managed by the homeowner's association/Hawiiana Management.The 214 units are ocean front, ocean view, garden view on 5 acres of lush tropical beach front. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sugar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Resort Condos Hotel Kihei
- Sugar Beach Resort Maui/Kihei
- Sugar Beach Maui