I stayed two nights. I had the opportunity to check out the plantation building, both condos 230 and 324. I ended up choosing 324 due to better views. 230 had boogie boards available for use, though. The resort is set away from Kihei and if you're looking for things to do within walking distance, there's nothing. The pool is good, as is the hot tub. Kihei gets pretty windy, and I believe this area gets especially windy in the afternoon, so keep that in mind. Ocean swimming is fine, but no nearby scuba. Grounds were lovely. Jean at reception was great... Very friendly and helpful. If you want a lower cost resort getaway without frills and stunning views of Maalaea Bay, but don't care about driving everywhere else, definitely check it out! For families and couples not wanting to spend $200+ per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach Resort is an all inclusive, quiet and well located ocean front condo hotel. Each unit is individually owned. The resort is managed by the homeowner's association/Hawiiana Management.The 214 units are ocean front, ocean view, garden view on 5 acres of lush tropical beach front. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sugar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Resort Condos Hotel Kihei
- Sugar Beach Resort Maui/Kihei
- Sugar Beach Maui