Royal Mauian
$570
$214
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmaster bedroomrooftop deckorganic grocery storeair conditioningturtles feedkid friendly placebbq arearestaurants and convenience storessea turtlesacross the streetgarbage bagsbeach chairsdirect oceanfrontsound of the wavesnatural foodsevery morningkam ii
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I had the misfortune of hearing my neighbor being verbally abused by the maintenance manager. I was shocked by the unprofessional manner in which the maintenance manger handled himself and verbally berated my neighbor when he was confronted about a noise violation. My neighbor, who apologized profusely and openly conceded that he was in the wrong for the noise (and to be honest it was loud), was yelled at an threatened. Honestly, we were nervous for the remainder of our stay. Although the location is ideal, the experience was so upsetting that we will not be returning.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Kristen R
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is your place if you like to be asleep by 7PM. We came with my family and was physically and verbally abused by matinence and management when we had a BBQ on the roof. Basically if you like to be yelled at every 5 minutes for having a conversation then this is your place. Don't waste your vacation here. Location was great but the staff and people staying here are rude and abusive. We wont be coming back.

• Stayed: March 2014
7  Thank JohnDoe102
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Great location. Best in Kihei. All units are individually owned so they vary in quality but the location is unbeatable. Beachs 30 seconds outside on either side, pool right out front. You can watch the whales when they are migrating from your patio. Restaurants across the street. Can't say enough about the location!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TyrelH_13
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This review is a bit different from others in that each unit is individually owned and therefore the quality of the condos can vary wildly from one to the other.
This review is specifically for Unit # 310 which we booked through vrbo.com and we very highly recommend it!!

First of all, the owners, Sandy and Paul Arbuthnot were very quick to answer emails and were very helpful with all of our inquiries and concerns.

This unit is a slice of paradise!! It has 2 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms, and air conditioning throughout (it actually has 3 separate A/C zones: one for the living area and one for each bedroom).
It is beautifully decorated and updated with stainless steel appliances (oven, microwave, fridge with ice maker) and granite countertops in the kitchen and both baths.
There are ceiling fans in the living room and bedrooms as well.
There is plenty of storage space including a walk-in closet in the master suite.

It has a washer and dryer and came fully equipped with absolutely everything you could need….iron/ironing board, beach towels and chairs, ice chest, beach toys.

The kitchen was fully stocked with dishes, utensils, pots/pans, wine glasses, insulated mugs….everything you could possibly need...name it and they had it. One recent review mentioned that they did not have an ice cream scoop...well, they got one right away because it was there for us!
There were even condiments and spices, a coffee maker/grinder and filters, blender, toaster, a complete knife set, a cheese grater, a rice cooker, a colander….I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

There is free wifi in the unit as well as a large flat screen TV.

The king-sized bed in the master suite was very comfortable with nice linens, plenty of pillows and extra blankets.

The tiled lanai was very large with 4 chairs, a footrest, two tables and a small end table.
About the only complaint we had was that it was very hot while we were there so we did use the A/C and the compressor is on the lanai. It blows out the warm air and does make it a bit uncomfortable, so we would have to turn off the A/C even if we were only going to be out for a small amount of time (obviously we turned off the A/C when we weren’t in the room for extended periods).
We noticed that not very many units had A/C and our opinion is that it is a must during the warmer months. We even had a couple approach us on the beach and ask us about ours since they were staying somewhere without A/C and regretted it.
The condos do not have good cross ventilation so opening the windows didn’t help much. Also the low temps in mid-September were only around 74 degrees. Without the A/C the temperature in the unit was in the mid 80s...definitely not good sleeping temperature.

The condo complex has a wonderful rooftop deck with 4 BBQs for your use, a small kitchen area and plenty of tables and chairs.
There are even plenty of lounge chairs out on the lawn oceanside for your use.
There is an elevator and free on-site private parking.

The view is unbeatable!!!! The ocean is literally right out front of your balcony just maybe 30 feet past the beautifully manicured lawn and gorgeous palm trees! You get a spectacular sunset view of the northwest part of the island and Lanai due west.

This condo boasts that there are sea turtles that hang out right in front and I figured that would be kind of hit or miss on whether or not we’d see them….but sure enough they were RIGHT there every single day and such a joy to watch!!!

Others have complained about noise from garbage trucks in the mornings. We were awake by 5am everyday due to jetlag and we never did hear any noise. We found this unit to be very quiet and peaceful.
The only noises we heard were from the lawn maintenance but how else would it look so meticulously well-kept if they didn’t work on it??
Another reviewer mentioned ants but we never saw any bugs whatsoever.

Unit 310 is such a great unit!! This was our 2nd trip to Maui and we spent most of our days getting certified to scuba dive so we didn’t feel much pressure to go out and sightsee. This unit was so awesome that we were content to spend most of our time at the condo relaxing and taking in the view of paradise!! We never wanted to leave!!

If you do want to leave, the location is very convenient as well. Right across the street is a Maui Tacos, a Denny’s, a Pizza Hut, a couple of other local eateries, an organic grocery store and a Snorkel Bob’s.
Within a five minute drive is a Foodland grocery store (to the north) and the Kihei boat ramp (to the south)....the boat ramp being so close is great since so many boat excursions leave from there very early in the morning.

The Kam I and II beaches are wonderful as well and right outside your door! The sand is so soft and the beaches are pristine (no rocks, no seaweed, no shells, no trash)....just wonderful warm, buttery soft sand under your feet!

We spent $300 per night for this unit in September including all taxes and fees. While that might sound expensive, you can save so much money (which we did) by taking advantage of the kitchen and making your own meals.
You will not get this close to the ocean with this spectacular of a view in this nice of a room at any hotel or resort, that’s for sure. So when you take all of that into account, I can’t imagine a better bargain and I can’t imagine staying anywhere else! We will stay here any and every time we ever get back to Maui!!!

I highly recommend that you visit vrbo.com and try to book Unit 310 for your stay in paradise!!

Room Tip: Unit 310 is certainly one of the more updated desirable units including AC!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank luv2globetrot
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We picked the Royal Mauian to stay for our family for the location. The location was wonderful and was very happy with everything in walking distance. We stayed at a newly remodeled condo and had 2 beds and 2 baths. We had an ocean view every morning. I paid $240 a night and stayed for 1 week. The required deposit for our stay but was return in good time. There is some noise you here from the garbage trucks and work done on the lawns.

BIG NEGATIVE on the property. They do a monthly bug spray and that was scheduled to happen during our stay. Which means you have to allow the company in your condo from 8am to noon to do the spray and they asked you not to come back in during that period. No problem, I thought we just planned a tour. When I returned back I had things missing. A watch and a 3 brand new pairs of expensive shoes. We used this as a stopover on the way to Japan, I took shoes I planned on wearing in Japan (we are expats there) I did bring it to the attention of owner and management at Royal Mauian. My only response was I must have misplaced them and they would not take those items out of the condo because it would be noticed. Long story short, I am out a watch and shoes I really loved that never got a chance to wear. So do not let the bug sprayers in with out you present. Or you will be sorry. To bad because I did like the condo until the theft.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family