“The BEST place to stay in Maui!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kihei
Ocean Breeze Hideaway
Ranked #4 of 16 Kihei B&B and Inns
Laurel, Maryland
“The BEST place to stay in Maui!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2008

I recently spent 8 nights at the Ocean Breeze Hideaway. This is my 3rd time staying at this wonderful bed and breakfast. I have stayed in both the Ocean Suite and the Coral Suite. The Coral Suite is the larger of the two rooms but both of them provide the same restful experience I want when I come to Maui. The Coral Suite also has air conditioning which I have never had to turn on because of the pleasant breezes that are typical in south Maui. Each of the rooms has their own lanai (patio) surrounded by a lush, tropical backyard. It is a treat to be able to sit outside in and read and relax in the morning or in the evening enjoy a favorite beverage.

Provided are beach chairs, beach towels, umbrellas, cooler, even coats/jackets for that early morning (and cold) trip to Haleakala. You have your own off-street parking space and private entrance; and a different, delicious, filling, healthy breakfast is served each morning.

The owners, Sande and Bob, take great care in ensuring that you have an enjoyable and comfortable stay on Maui. They are very nice people and both are outstanding resources for things to do and see on Maui. All in all, the Ocean Breeze Hideaway is a great value and the only place I would consider staying when in Maui. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone seeking a good alternative to the isolated and very expensive hotels in Hawaii.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
San Diego, CA
Reviewed June 20, 2008

This is my second stay at Ocean Breeze Hideaway and I will never stay anywhere else on Maui! Bob and Sande are knowledgable and fun hosts with excellent suggestions of things to do on the Island that you might not otherwise hear about in a guidebook. Their service is unobtrusive and perfect. Waking up to the sound of birdsong; having breakfast every morning looking out over the Ocean and eating delicious food with great company is the best way to start a day! (Did I mention the fresh fruit and flowers grown on the property?)

The room is clean and comfortable. They even provide jackets for cold morning trips up to Haleakala, a cooler, beach chairs, etc. It's like being at home while on vacation at the same time. The location in Kihei is also perfectly central for just about every place you want to visit on the Island and just minutes from some of the best beaches in the world.

One thing I truly love is what I call the "Kwan Yin Garden" outside my room, with two fountains and lush landscaping. I have a picture I use as my screensaver that takes me back to Maui and Ocean Breeze every time I look at it. As much as I love the Island and all the things there are to do? I have to admit, some of my best memories are just laying out in the private yard, soaking up the sun, listening to the fountain and birds while reading a good book and relishing the peace and quiet. Perfect place to meditate and just get away from it all.

There is an energy about this place that is unmistakable. Combine that with the great value, super service and location? You can't go wrong with this one!

** I've attached some pix but please note the date was wrong in the camera. These are recent taken in April 2008!

• Liked — The ambience, the privacy and the comfort.
  • Disliked — That I couldn't stay there longer! I love it all ...
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank charlenean
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed June 17, 2008

This was our 7th stay at Ocean Breeze Hideaway in Kihei, Maui. Hosts Sande & Bob are so thoughtful and caring. They share all sorts of stories and tips about Maui.............places to go and see, beaches for snorkeling with the sea turtles, beaches for body surfing, restaurants..........anything you want to know! Both Sande and Bob are wonderful hosts. Both the Ocean and Coral Suites (we've. stayed several times in each) are very clean and comfortable. The showers have great water pressure! The outdoor garden areas are so beautiful and tropical. The island breakfast on the oceanview breakfast lanai is delish! We looked forward to it every morning. We can't wait until our next stay at Ocean Breeze Hideaway next year.

• Liked — Homey feeling and hospitality of the owner/operators, Sande & Bob.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hhcatlady
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed June 14, 2008

After reading the reviews on trip advisor, we booked 5 nights here.

Pros:
* Price
* Nice little garden outside
* Bob was courteous and helpful

Cons:
* Room is worn (1980's?)
* Mattress soft and sags a lot in the middle
* One screen door was broken, making it hard to get in and out
* Breakfast was so/so
* You have to drive everywhere you want to go

We like staying in B&B's. Overall, this one is below average.

• Stayed June 2008
1 Thank dj4242
Yorktown Heights, NY
Reviewed March 17, 2008

We just returned from over 2 weeks in Hawaii. Maui was our first stop and we spent 6 nights at the Ocean Breeze in the Coral Suite. Bob, our host, was very helpful. It is like having a friend to seek advice from. The room was comfortable and has a private bath. Bob's breakfasts were healthy and delicious. You have beach chairs, umbrella, towels and a cooler at your disposal. This location makes it easy to see all of Maui. The price can't be beat for these accomodations.

• Liked — location, amenities
  • Disliked — neighborhood noise
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ritz22556
New Mexico
Reviewed March 3, 2008

The two bedroom, 2 bath condo on the ground floor is fantastic. I was awake each morning around 4:30. I would make coffee and sit on the lanai and watch the moon set between the palm trees and disappear behind the mountains. So peaceful and relaxing. Our group did not want to leave. The condo is beautiful and is just like home. Bob and Sande have made sure all the amenities are there. Their guests want for nothing. We will definitely be back and ask for this unit again. We have even told our daughter about it. She and her husband are looking to book a trip in January. I know she would love this hideaway.

Stayed February 2008
2 Thank hulababyNewMexico
Arborg, Manitoba
Reviewed February 19, 2008

This is a great place to stay in Maui. Sande and Bob are great hosts, very helpful with info. on Maui and places to eat. The room is very nice and a huge bathroom. Breakfasts were very good.

Cliff and Sylvia Gislason
Arborg, Manitoba Canada.

Stayed February 2008
3 Thank CraftPost
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Maui Coast Hotel
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
#1 of 7 in Wailea
What a Wonderful World Bed and Breakfast

Been to Ocean Breeze Hideaway? Share your experiences!