Maui Sunset Condos
$259
$147
$139
  • Restaurant
All reviewstennis courtsputting greenthe kitchenbeautiful groundsshuffle boardpool and hot tubwind surferswasher and dryerthese condosmurphy bedliving roomactivities desktime sharecleaned dailya great place to stayboogie boardsocean view
Reviewed August 6, 2007

As I am writing this, the sun is rising over Haleakala and is illuminating the West Maui mountains in the distance. We are staying in unit B120 [--], rates are extremely reasonable. The unit is slightly outdated, however, it is clean and well kept. This only makes it a bargain, as the renovated units cost more. This is a ground unit, so it easy for the kids to go the pool and for myself to keep my windsurfing equipment and head on the water at a moments notice. The area gets very windy in the afternoon. As you probably have read from other reviews, the beach is not really a swimming beach, as it is exposed to the wind and does smell of rotten seaweed (the beach cleaner has not been to the beach yet), but you do not smell it 50 feet away from the beach. You are however, only a 5-10 minute drive to best beaches on Maui. There is a wonderful pool which is right in front of our lanai and it is very large and clean.

If it were not for the beach, I would have ranked it excellent.

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank vesterlh
Reviewed July 18, 2007

As part of our wedding gift, a family member booked our stay at Maui Sunset. These condos are both owner-occupied and time shares. Our unit was an ocean view. It was a very nice room decorated with floral wicker furniture.

There is an activities desk on site that helps you plan your stay and book activities. They have an informal information session every morning and serve juice, coffee and pastries. There are also tennis courts on site.

[--]

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FreqTravelers
Reviewed June 12, 2007

The outdoor grounds at Maui Sunset are lovely, with manicured grass courtyard, pool and activities. I booked the reservation based on it being advertised as ocean front condo, altho our room did not have an ocean view, so that was a little disappointing. Our room
(I think it was B-204) had laminate peeling off the bathroom door and a couple other similar things in need of maintenance. I think it depends what room you get. I would stay there again if I book a different room through and individual and know what I'm getting.
Maui is beautiful and I had to almost pinch myself to realize I was really in Hawaii! We also enjoyed the van tour to Hana.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2007

My husband and I went to Maui to get married and at the last minute decided to extend our stay on the front side -- therefore we needed a place to stay for those extra days. We were VERY lucky to have gotten unit A314 at the Maui Sunset. This one bedroom condo is beautiful. The kitchen has been updated and it is bright and cheerful inside. There were many extras left in the closet for us to use -- i.e. boogie boards, tennis equipment, beach chairs, beach umbrella, beach towels. These owners definately take pride in their unit. Since the condos at the Maui Sunset are privately owned, if you have never stayed in a particular unit before or do not have a good referral, you may not get a clean, updated unit. This one definately ranks at the top of the list! We plan to stay in this unit next time we visit Maui!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LoriandWill
Reviewed April 11, 2007

We stayed at the Maui Sunset Condo from April 3-11 2007. The grounds are beautiful, the pool is nice and the staff are all very helpful. You can play bochi ball, shuffle board, put for golf, play tennis. So much to do. It is very child friendly. Very close to great shops and restaurants. The beach is not a swimming beach, but a great place to sit to watch the sun set while drinking a mai tai. We rented a 2 bedroom condo and it was huge! Saw a lot of whales from our lanai also. Will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple