I came to Maui recently (Dec 2012) for vacation with my wife and small daughter. Since it was close to holiday season, there was not much availability and even though there were some condos, i wanted to have a hotel where i could be more or less guaranteed to have a crib for baby. With condos it seemed i had to talk to outside rental company (at least the condo folks i talked to) and i did not want to deal with that or carry my own portable crib / pack n play. So i decided to stay here - price was good and there is a suite with kitchen. I realize that close to holiday season its hard to bargain, but honestly if i knew how this hotel is, i would not mind paying just a bit more (not $400+ to stay at a fancy resort at Maui) to get better room and service.
We had a standard 1 bedroom suite with kitchen,
First here are few god things on this hotel:
1) Good location in Kihei - very quite and close to beach
2) Front desk is friendly, no issues getting towels, booking activites etc
Now here are my issues with this hotel:
1) Requested crib multiple times on reservation - was not provided upon arrival, had to wait for half hour for this in evening while my baby needed to sleep
2) Housekeeping kept coming very late, even one more time after i asked to come earlier. Then it was fixed, but inconvenient for me for 2 days.
3) Many room aspects really need remodeling:
a) dishwasher is so old it makes extremely loud noise
b) some closet doors are barely working
c) shower head is not flexible which makes giving bath to baby very uncomfortable
d) kitchen fauset also not flexible - difficult to use.
e) carpet is so old its plain disgusting
f) pillows are terrible
So in nutshell, this place was not a complete disaster but in future i would try to avoid it and find something else. I really do not expect a fancy 5 star resort with posh treatment, just want basic things to work and operate normally and my room to be in realtively modern and working condition. Even for the price i paid i do not think its too much to ask. I realize some folks may be fine with their 1 bedroom suite rooms - i just have a sour taste after the stay...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious suites across from the beach. This affordable condominium resort on Maui's South Coast is within easy walking distance of shops and restaurants. Access to swimming pools, outdoor barbecues and tennis courts and proximity to golf and the beach make this modern resort especially popular with families and larger parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Aston at the Maui Banyan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston At The Maui Banyan Hotel Kihei
- Resortquest Maui Banyan Kihei
- Resort Quest Maui Banyan
- Aston At The Maui Banyan Kihei