Aston at the Maui Banyan
$162
$229
$179
Travelocity
Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort(Wailea)
$508
$469
$449
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn by Marriott Maui Wailea(Wailea)(Great Value!)
$369
$649
$259
$149
  • Restaurant
All reviewsamenity feeacross the streetpartial ocean viewfull kitchenliving roomwasher dryerpool areakamaole ii beachper daynice beachdaily maid servicecoffee makerpull out couchking bedthese condossouth kiheirestaurants and shops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed in a 1 bedroom partial ocean view room with our two children, ages 4 & 2. We were in room 203 in building A.

The location of building A was on the ocean side of the property. Great 2 minute walk to the sand. Kam 2 and Kam 3 are great family beaches. Kam 3 has a large grassy park with swings and both beches have showers and bathrooms. Restaurants are within easy walking distance.

The pool on the beach side of the property was under renovation, but we did the walk to the upper pool almost everyday and it was no problem.

The room was good, clean and roomy. The kitchen was very well stocked with pots, pans, plates, and tons of cups. It was an added bouns to have the washer/dryer. There are 2 TV's, a play station, and a DVD player.

The Internet and view weren't up to par. The view of the ocean was a tiny sliver through a thick of admittedly beautiful palm trees, but I paid to see the ocean. I could only see this sliver standing near the TV or on the lanai. The Internet was so slow it was difficult to check email or look up directions.

Also be aware there are amenities fees of $10 a day but you do get moves and video games for that price.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank laura a
astonmauibanyangm, Manager at Aston at the Maui Banyan, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Aloha and Thank You for sharing about your experience at the Aston Maui Banyan.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at Aston Maui Banyan for 4 nights. It was located in south Kihei, where there are restaurants, shops and great beaches. The hotel was only steps away from the beach. The room we stayed was one bedroom suite - master bedroom, master bath, living room with pull-out sofa, another bathroom, washer/dryer and fully equipped kitchen. Also had free wireless internet access, so it was very convenient. The hotel had nice ground with beautiful trees and plants. It also had two swimming pools and hot tubs. It would have been nice to have fitness center or access to fitness club, but I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We picked ground floor because of our 3-year old child.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ski_supgirl

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Overall me and my girlfriend enjoyed our stay here. Every staff member was friendly and greeted you with an hello. The rooms weren't bad at all. They were pretty standard with everything, nothing too special, we got a regular room, not a suite. The complex is pretty big. If you get the resort pass, you get free parking, and free movie rentals. They do have a tennis court which is pretty nice. But in Maui, you don't stay in the hotel a lot of the time. We really liked that it was literally right across the street from the beach were you could swim, snorkel and chill out. It was also close to restaurants and a little shopping area. If you stay at this hotel, I recommend going to a place called "Da Kitchen" for some authentic Hawaiian food. Overall my girlfriend and I were pretty happy with our stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Matthew F

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I made our reservations through my sisters time share as one of her get away weeks. I was excited as i had stayed at other locations through her Marriott through Interval International. I booked a 1 bedroom 1 bath but opted out of upgrading to a deluxe room, which I was told was newly renovated. I was told that they were on a rotation cycle for renovation so couldn't image it was in too much need of repair. Much to my surprise the room was well in need of renovation. The carpet was stained, the air conditional was rusted (on the patio portion outside) walls were in need of some tlc. Our bathroom door, a slider, came off its track and we put it back on ourselves. The rooms need a good cleaning including the baseboards and other not so noticeable areas. Just a good cleaning and a fresh coat of paint would probably go a long way to improve the appearance but the stained carpet is hard to get over.
We were in Q building and on the third floor, I was told we would be on a lower level and when I asked about that I was just told we were on the third floor. This was fine and gave us a partial ocean view which was beautiful.
The grounds and the location are great. The grounds appeared to be very well maintained, but I wish the room had been as meticulously cared for. The location was right across the street from the beach and close to shops and places to eat. The staff was very helpful, but be aware they must have a real problem getting their pool towels back as I was told every day when I returned our towels for new ones that if I didn't return them it would be a $25 charge.
If you prepay, be prepared to pay additional taxes and resort fees when you leave. This was not their issue as it was in the fine print on my documents.
All items listed as being included were there or were provided. One note on the safe, if you want to use it you have to get the key from the desk and there is a small additional charge per day for that.
I would have liked to have seen one of the deluxe rooms/newly renovated for a comparison but did not take the time to do so.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank DeeC1951

Aloha and Thank You for sharing about your experience at Maui Banyan Resort.

Aston manages specific units at the property and as you have indicated there are also time share units that are managed by another company.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and although we did not manage your unit hope that our staff was able to point you in the right direction to get the assistance needed.

To our future travelers, the front desk will do their best to assist and provide information to other management companies if the unit you are occupying is not in the Aston program.

Mahalo to all Maui Banyan's visitors and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Aloha and A Hui Hou (until we meet again)

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at the Maui Banyan for 14 days (July 26-Aug. 9). Location is great. Short (5-10 minutes) walk to a lot of restaurants and best of all directly across the street from one of the nice major beaches in Kihei, Kamaole Beach Park II. We were in the P building in a suite that was recently renovated with two bedrooms (2 adjoining rooms), air conditioned, two bathrooms and a fully equipped kitchen. It had a partial ocean view. Perfect for our family of 5.

Our experience with the Maui Banyan started off a little inferior but progressively turned positive going forward to having an overall fantastic experience. Our plane landed around 10 PM so we got to the hotel around 11 PM. The place was dark, found the main entrance doors closed with no one at the front desk. Frankly, we were quite surprised to see a front desk/concierge closed in a hotel. However, there was a phone on the wall to call security who arrived shortly after to give us our key and directed us to our suite. So this is the only deficient part out of our entire experience.

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The next day when the front desk opened, we checked in. We requested a hand held shower and they installed it the next day. We had full housekeeping service twice during our entire stay with daily partial service. The grounds – what can I say about the grounds?…THE GROUNDS WERE IMMACULATE! Hats off to the hard working maintenance crew who worked diligently daily under the stifling Hawaiian sun. There was never a time you will see any of the guys sitting around doing nothing. They’re either painting, picking up loose garbage or doing general gardening chores and will give a nod or smile when you walk by. We had an issue with our A/C after running it continuously 9-10 days. We called the front desk, 5 minutes later, the maintenance person came up and fixed the problem within 30 minutes. The A/C was back to normal for the rest of our stay. The pool area was very nice and clean. The Weber barbeque gas grills were convenient and also kept clean.

Overall, we pretty much had a 5 out of 5 experience at the Maui Banyan. We would recommend this hotel and stay here again. Mahalo!

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms/suites, ocean view, face the garden not the parking lot. However, parking lot side is still very lush and not that noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank camja1

Aloha and Thank You for sharing about your experience at the Aston Maui Banyan Resort.

Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you first experienced.

We are glad that we were able to work with you to find a solution and can see that you were satisfied and comfortable which is our ultimate goal.

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Aloha and A Hui Hou (until we meet again)

The Staff and Management of the Aston Maui Banyan