Four weeks before, called Reservation number from their website, "two bedroom 2ba, deluxe suite". Great! Two weeks ahead, decided to call long distance to MBanyan office instead of reservation number, not a friendly voice. "1 bd suite". I explained that I reserved a 2bd. MB office lady said "for that price, you deserve a 1bd not 2bd, did not honor AAA". I called back Central Reservation and they were very kind and did not understand why the confusion with MB. It took 3-days. The MB office lady kept saying the MB reservation lady at their office was not in today, repeated again, and again. Central Reservations called me back and said the price was honored (I reserved online which glad I did to prove pricing) for what I requested. I was ready to battle when I arrived in person. I reserved through Aston btw, thank you Aston Central Reservation.
Arrived with website receipts, names and numbers. Received a overly smiling lady and checked us in. I was hesitant and questioning everything, glad to have key card and price I reserved for. So nervous that I didn't focus the request of 2nd floor or higher and away from elevator four months ago. We got bottom floor and next to elevator but shortly after a day, was happy to be where we were. Do to the price conflict, we faced the parking lot, however the greenery covered our site.
We were in "P" building, room P110, close to second poolside. The grounds were beautiful and ground workers were extra nice with respect to visitors. The office needs to learn from them about respect and kindness. Don't ask anything from office, won't get anywhere. DVDs were scratched, DVD player did not work. The glass door to Lanai was very noisy as well.
2bd, 2ba Deluxe suite was spacey. We shared with another couple so they took King. They complained that there are no AC in room, closed door to living room is see-thru (we taped up newspaper), bathroom was small, no private TV. The master has private Lanai with table n chairs, Washer n Dryer between Room and bath. My hubby and I stayed in other room with two doubles. We received a small table n chairs, TV, and private Lanai with two chairs, big shower but felt small, no shelves for bathroom accessories.
Kitchen was good size, pans need to be replaced. Glass plates n drinks, not allowed at pool though. No spices, oils, nothing except one paper towel for the week. We shopped at Costco for food, beach towels, alcohol. Walmart was good for paper products, hair, tshirt souvenirs (ABC or Halos too). Do not shop at Safeway, shop at Foodland for fresh meats n salads. Paid $2.50 for lime at SW and ABC sold for .79 cents.
Walking distance to beach, checked out all beaches and each one needs to be visited. Walking distance to Restaurants such as Freddie's Mexican, Moose McGilly, Freddie's has excellent breakfast, expensive Deli, expensive 808 restaurant. Lots of other places to eat nearby. We grilled at the pool twice with Mahi Mahi we caught. The pool area was very cleaned, friendly security, and didn't have to wait to grill. The pool closest to the ocean seem to be more busier with families.
Parking lot is nearby, hard to find a spot at certain times. Most of spots are reserved filled with covered cars. The lot is very low and bit scary when driving in. There are shopping carts for us to use from our car to the room, which was nice.
Not a new hotel but got a great price for the value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious suites across from the beach. This affordable condominium resort on Maui's South Coast is within easy walking distance of shops and restaurants. Access to swimming pools, outdoor barbecues and tennis courts and proximity to golf and the beach make this modern resort especially popular with families and larger parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Aston at the Maui Banyan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston At The Maui Banyan Hotel Kihei
- Resortquest Maui Banyan Kihei
- Resort Quest Maui Banyan
- Aston At The Maui Banyan Kihei