“Great Condo, best view, amazing value!”

Kamaole Beach Royale Resort, ( #608)
Ranked #33 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
San Diego, CA
“Great Condo, best view, amazing value!”
Reviewed August 8, 2008

My family and I stayed in unti 610 and was so impressed by the unit. The unit was beautiful! I found it hard to believe that I was paying less than 200 bucks a night for it I swear it meets 5 star standards.

The kitchen is fully stocked with all the necessary equipment and then some. You can rest assured that you can whip up a gourmet feast in this kitchen without breaking a sweat.

The bedrooms both have very soft and comfortable beds as well as lots of closet and drawer space. The master bedroom has a lanai off of it which made for a relaxing night soaking up the trade winds and sleeping to the crashing of the waves right across the street. The only down side of the condo is that it can get very hot and fast in the unit. In the evening the other bedroom would get very warm and could make it uncomfortable to sleep despite having the windows open and the fan going.

There is a small air conditioner put into the living room area which was nice for the area but did not do much for the rest of the condo. But between the living room lanai and the master bedroom lanai there was a fair amount of trade winds that rolled through to make the condo cool.

Both bathrooms are very updated and have lots of room. The bathroom inside of the master suite has a washer and dryer which came in handy for all of the wet towels and swim suits.

Also the lanais are packed with boogie boards, beach chairs, fun noodles, and other beach gear. Take advantage of the beach across the way as it has some AMAZING snorkling!! My family and I saw reef sharks, eels, and lots of tropical fish in the huge reefs in the Kamole beach right across the street. This is where a lot of locals come also which helps when you want recommendations =)

On another note you have to try the italian restaurant that is loacted in the Safeway shopping center. It is a local hot spot and is a family ran place. The food is the BEST!!!! The staff is friendly, and the portions are HUGE so you can bring leftovers back to the condo! Avoid Cheeseburger Paradise in Lahania it made my family sick and was overpriced and lacked good service. Also avoid Fred's! I am from San Diego and that place is NOT "SD Mexican style food!" It tastes like everything came out of a can! hahaha

Have a great time here and enjoy the aloha attitude. Everyone is super nice, and the condo is such a great gem!

• Liked — The view from the lanais are killer and the kitchen had more stuff in it than what I have in my own kitchen
  • Disliked — the non-master bedroom tends to get pretty warm at night
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank zebra_focus

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Washington DC
Reviewed June 30, 2008

My husband and I had a great time at Kamaole Beach Royale. The rooms were very clean, well decorated and spacious. Vince and Rose were very helpful. The view was unbeatable. Would return there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AKR2008
Manhattan, Montana
Reviewed March 15, 2008

I have stayed at this place three different times and each time has been a great experience. Once during college, another time with my wife and this most recent trip was with my wife and two children. All to say that at each stage of my life, i really enjoyed my stay at the KBR. Great location for a little of everything.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank travelmt
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2007

We just got back from a 2 week stay at the KBR. What a fantastic place to stay; we were in condo 501, 5th floor which was a three bedroom, 2 bath. The condo had everything there that a family of 5 would need. Master bedroom has a king size bed, second bedroom also has a king size bed and the third bedroom has two single beds plus if needed there is a hide a bed in the living room. Everything in the unit was well maintained and stocked plus the grounds were very nicely kept. Talked several times with Rose and Vince, very nice people and were very helpful in anything we needed.
Right across the street was the Kamaole Beach 1. It was heavenly. The water is so clear and the beach is super clean. Will be going back and we won't bother looking anywhere else as the KBR has all the conveniences of home.

• Liked — Clean and quiet
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank Barnie9
Santa Rosa
Reviewed October 11, 2007

We just spent 2 heavenly weeks in unit # 303 @ Kamaole Beach Royal Condo/Vacation Home. The accommodations exceeded our expections. Very luxurious island furnishings, new bed & linens, every kitchen convenience, washer/dryer in unit, large double lanai looking out over pool with good view of beach & sunsets. Every evening there is a rooftop sunset gathering of homeowners/guests which is a good place to network for local events. Kamaole Beach I, II & III is within easy walking distance, right across the street, many shops & restaurants nearby also.
We read previous comments about noise coming from construction site behind the building, this did not hinder our relaxation in any way; all the units have an ocean facing lanai's, the construction noise is the other direction & very minimal

• Liked — Relaxing island atmosphere
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KristaSantaRosa
san francisco, california
Reviewed August 19, 2007

The Kamaole Beach Royal is SURROUNDED by MASSIVE construction. 140 houses are being built DIRECTLY in front of this building. ALL the units @ the Kamaole Beach Royale have the same floorplan. ALL bedrooms face the noise. It is HORRIBLE. You are awakened @ 6:30 AM, 7 days a week. I tried to speak w/ the manager Rose. Her response was, "You are on vacation, you should be up " !!! Do NOT stay here. It is ILLEGAL NOT to disclose the NOISE factor. Once home I called and spoke w/ the rental Agent Vince. I was told a full refund would be mailed to me. I am still waiting....I was in such need of a good night's sleep when I arrived back home. DO NOT stay here. There are plenty of nicer condo's to rent. TOO bad they had no vacanies when I went looking on our 2nd night @ this nightmare building.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank laborde
Spring Lake, MI
Reviewed March 1, 2007

We found the property on vrbo. The location was very convenient to get around Maui and see the things that we wanted to see. The units are individually owned and maintained, so each is going to be a bit different as far as flooring, cabinets, etc. as well as furnishings. We found our unit to be in a nice location. The cabinets and carpeting were in real need of replacement. The towels provided when we arrived were in worse shape than some of my cleaning rags at home -- there were some mismatched ones that were in better condition. The kitchen lacked some things that we have always found in condos that we have rented in the past (such as at least 4 wine glasses). We were told that we were the last weekly renters in that unit -- the owners were going to long term rentals in the future, so that may have explained some of the problems. The other renters in the building that we talked to were all quite satisfied with their accomodations. The roof top grill and the pool areas were both nicely maintained.

Stayed February 2007