This was our first stay at Haleakala Shores and hope it is not our last. This top floor corner unit is directly across from Kami 3 and a short walk to the shopping and restaurant establishments. Our unit was very large and contained all the elements required for an extended stay. We made use of the in-suite laundry, beach mats (some we replaced), beach towels, beach chairs, and snorkel gear. The kitchen and baths were also very well equipped. Others have correctly noted that this is the noisy side of the building but the trade off is the terrific view of the park, ocean, and killer sunsets. We could have closed the windows facing the road but we preferred to listen to the waves crashing upon the beach. Eventually one does get used to the motorcycles and the park maintenance crew starting their day at 6 a.m.. Hey, if you want peace and quiet, check out units at the back of the building and keep your windows closed because the birds begin singing loudly just before dawn. In Maui it is 'early to rise' and 'early to bed', which is easy to do given the time change. To sum up, this is a terrific place to vacation and very hard to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Haleakala Shores is a small condo complex directly accross Kihei Rd from Kamaole III beach park. There are 30+ vacation rentals to chose from here. They are all large, bright 2br/2ba units with private lanais. Many offer great beach, ocean, or mountain views. Rare covered parking is also included. Many previous guests have reviewed specific units here and many return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Haleakala Shores Condos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haleakala Shores Condos Hotel Kihei
- Haleakala Shores Condos Maui/Kihei