“Be aware of unit 116” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
westbank
“Be aware of unit 116”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

wife and I had this unit booked for a month! The unit needs upgrading! The washroom was redone. We were quite satisfied until our last week!!!! We had a water leak caused by a fractured water line under sink. There was an accumulation of at least 4" of water on the floor. Not livable. After contacting the owner, which said they would take care of us we were relocated to another unit. This took away two days of our holiday. We did loose some things. Owner had unit cleaned' rugs replaced and re rented within two weeks. After making several attempts of having owner reimburse us we were unsuccessful. She didn't even respond to numerous enquiries. This is the reason we waited so long to do a review! We are returning to Hale Kamaole again in January. We would have difficulty in giving any recommendations after the way we were dealt wi

Room Tip: Stayed in other units at Hale Kamaole with no regrets
Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank rendenWestbank
CondoRentalsHI, Condo Rental Agency at Hale Kamaole, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your review of Hale Kamaole. I am sorry you had a difficult time with room 116, which sounds like it is managed by an owner. To avoid tough situations like room-moves, refund allocations, etc. I would encourage you to look into renting through a licensed condo management company (there are two or three that represent condos at Hale Kamaole) on your next trip to Maui as they will be able to promptly address these scenarios for you. We hope to see you at the Hale Kamaole again in the future!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Irvine, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our intention was to use this location as a 'home base' for hitting lots of other spots around South Maui (rather than looking for a singular resort destination where we could park our car and leave it for the duration of our trip).

We were looking for something that was relatively inexpensive, had a kitchen (traveling with kids, this is a necessity) and in a good location. This place was perfect for us. Easy parking. Easy access to Kam 3 beach if desired. Easy drive south to any one of the several fantastic beaches from this point south.

Each unit is individually owned, so look for pictures of the unit and choose what works best for you. We had unit 265 (through VRBO) and it had a bit of an ocean view from the balcony. It was also far enough from the road that noise from cars wasn't an issue.

Everything about this property is very basic, including the pool, but if you're looking for a resort, you're not considering staying here anyway. Would recommend for anyone looking to stretch their budget in Maui by avoiding the large resort properties in the south.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelerFromOC
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We just got back from a one week vacation here and we loved everything about this place. I took my four year old son and my mom and we couldn't have picked a better place. We stayed in # 222 and it was fully stocked with everything from kitchen supplies to snorkeling gear to beach toys and more. 2 bed, 2 bath, and you could sleep up to 8 with the couches. All condos are privately owned so some are better than others I guess. Ocean view patio, we even saw dolphins in the bay while enjoying our morning coffee. Two pools and a community BBQ. Walk across the street to beach park three, we got to snorkel with giant turtles and see an endangered monk seal right there! If we could go back tomorrow we would in a heartbeat!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank I-love_gramma
CondoRentalsHI, Condo Rental Agency at Hale Kamaole, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your review of Hale Kamaole. Our property management company does not manage the exact condo you stayed in but glad to hear you had a fantastic stay at Hale Kamaole. The beach that you reference across the street (Kamaole Beach Park III) is also great for traveling families since it is lifeguarded every day.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here 7 years ago and loved it! This time we stayed in a one bedroom ( bottom floor). The unit was 107. Close to the pool and right near the beach. Unit was clean and equipped with everything you need including boogie boards, sand toys, a cooler and snorkel equipment! Very good community feel, nice open grass area in centre. Community BBQs. Across from Kamaole 3 beach which has a large grassy area, soft sand, a lifeguard and awesome snorkeling (we saw turtles daily, and even some rays). Afternoon surf is great for boogie boarding. One side of complex has single bed on bottom floor, and two bedroom loft on top. The other side has singles on floor 1 and 2 and 2 bed loft on top. Lots of parking and easy to get out to highway or Wailea without having to negotiate Kihei traffic! Walking distance from several restaurants! Highly recommend this place- especially for families!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Disneygroupie
CondoRentalsHI, Condo Rental Agency at Hale Kamaole, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Hale Kamaole. While we do not manage the exact vacation rental you stayed in, we are happy you enjoyed the property and its close proximity to the beach, popular dining options, and Wailea. We hope to see you at the Hale Kamaole again in the future!

Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful holiday on the island of Maui we had 14 fantastic days at 212 Hale Kamaole. This condo has been recently renovated with perfect island style and original art work covers by the credited artist who owns the condo. We found everything we could need from beach chairs and games, to tennis rackets, the kitchen was extremely well equipped, we slept very well in the quiet bedroom and enjoyed our meals on the lanai looking out to sea as well as a view of the well kept garden. The condo was the cleanest accommodation I have ever experienced. I would stay here again and I would also recommend 212 to all without reservation. Go and enjoy.

Room Tip: Choose 212
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lindsay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Had an amazing time here! The staff was very helpful and friendly. I came to Maui to get married and 18 of our friends and family joined us from Canada. Everyone loved their rooms and the grounds with no complaints. It was a close walk across the street to the beach which I thought was the best on the strip. The pool was great and never too crowded. I had a chance to look at all of my guests rooms and they were all great! We stayed in unit 273 which was amazing! I would stay there in the future. All of the units had everything you could think of and lots of toys and chairs in the closets outside the balcony. #273 had a beautiful view of the ocean. 107,206,177,113,127,129,109 were the other units rented by my guests. Everyone was very happy with the decor and cleanliness. Thank you for an awesome stay.. Everyone is talking about going back. We were close to Foodland and the Wailea Marriott, where we took a $9 cab for a luau. Don't miss five palms restaurant for happy hour less then a five minute walk away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed in room 215 this past April, and boy was it great! I'm not going to try and con anyone into believing that if you stay at one of these condo's you will be staying at some millionaire's vacation home. My condo (as well as others I saw) was somewhat recently renovated: it had a newer fridge/freezer/icemaker, granite countertops, LCD TV, and a newer cooler (though it was on the small side). That being said, I didn't pay anything near what it would have cost to stay at some millionaire's getaway!

My condo was clean, in GREAT condition, had nearly every kitchen essential I could want, and it had extras such as a boogie board, frisbee, beach chairs, some classic books/ and travel guides, charcoal for the community BBQ's (great way to meet other vacationers while grilling up fresh local grub), washer and dryer, dish washer, beach towels, etc. It was kind of crazy to think that though our room was great, I saw some other rooms that were even nicer! I'm sure you can't go wrong by staying at a recently renovated room on this property.

Be sure to speak with other guests (many of whom I talked to stay for a month or so several times a year here) as well as the property management regarding places to eat. I forgot the employee's name who helped me, but he recommended several great choices.

As far as location, it doesn't get much better at this price! The grounds themselves were well kept but the real treat was Kamaole Beach Park 3 across the road! Every evening dozens of folks (locals, guests at this property, and those from other properties) would flock to the nice grass area to watch the sunset. It was a good time for all. The beaches right in front of the hotel had turtles, some snorkeling, fishing, and if you go a tad to the North (when the surf is right) decent boogie boarding. When the water was calm swimming was great. Those who complained about the condo's being far from nightlife, it was probably only 1/2mi to Moose/Freds and not much beyond that for plenty more restaurants. I personally wouldn't choose Kihei if nightlife was my priority.

Pro tip: Use a club card and shop at FOodland for good prices. Foodland Kihei is a few miles North on Kihei road. Another good option is Costco right by the airport for food.

All in all, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room! Also, make sure to find out who you are renting from. Apparently there ar...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Malcom X
CondoRentalsHI, Vacation Rental Agency at Hale Kamaole, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of Hale Kamaole and unit #215, which we manage. I am glad you found the condo clean and in possession of all the items you would need to be comfortable. All the condos we manage are required to have a list of over 100 items that are intended to make guests feel right at home. We hope to see you at the Hale Kamaole again!