“Jaws food truck”

Ranked #81 of 197 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: JAWZ Mexican Grill is in Kihei, Maui, located at 2395 South Kihei Road in the the Dolphin Plaza across from KAM 1 beach. We're open daily from 10:30am - 8:30pm. Kick back and chill while enjoying a Fish Taco or something else from our tasty selection of authentic Mexican food, some with a Hawaiian twist. We also have our roadside JAWZ Fish Tacos Truck in Makena, serving our famous Fish Tacos and Burritos, as well as Shaved Ice and Organic Fruit Smoothies. Not to mention our Killer Hot Sauces and Hot Dogs too! Surf's Up!
Reviewed January 31, 2017

At these off their food truck.Fish tacos were amazing. A little pricey but amazing. Went to the restaurant on Sunday before our flight only to find out they are closed on Sunday so make sure you get your fix the rest of the days.

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank TamiD55

Reviewed January 15, 2017

We tried the Jawz truck parked in the Makena (Big Beach) parking lot since my husband was hungry for lunch. We are perhaps the least picky eaters on earth and sincerely tend to eat things like from the 7-11 when on road trips; top ramen, hot dogs, pre-pack sandwiches, whatever. Like, we don't care. It's food. You put it in your mouth. If it happens to be tasty, fantastic! If not, whatever.

This was totally putrid. I was sort of sitting there, watching my husband dig into his rather funky looking taco salad when he made a face and spit his food out on the path to the beach. I asked him what was wrong with it, and he said it was soggy and tasted rotten. I was like, "Just eat it." And then, I've never seen him do this, but he walked over to the garbage can, tossed it, and said we were driving to another food truck we'd seen parked up the road to get something to eat because his taco salad was "inedible."

A bit miffed, I stopped at the truck and tried to ask for our money back, but the two dudes running the place looked at me like I was possibly an insect, so I backed right off. So bad food AND bad attitude.

I suspect the meat may have been rotten or else the lettuce was. The whole thing was a wet and horrible looking mess, and the customer service was honestly terrible. Also, if you have to actually throw away your food because it makes you gag, a refund is probably in order. But oh-no, and no-ono. I wouldn't eat here if you paid me, and if you are stuck, starving at the beach, get something really simple that can't be messed up, like shave ice or tortilla chips.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed January 6, 2017

We used to love Jawz Tacos, but their new location is really small, and their salsa bar is about 1/4 the size it used to be. It's sad that we were the only ones in there. I fear that they might be going out of business soon. The fish tacos are always really good, and the salsas are good, just not as plentiful as they used to be. Dinner for 2 came to $22. That's cheap for Maui!

Reviewed January 5, 2017

the tacos we had (one shrimp, one fish) were pretty boring and flavorless compared to other fish tacos we enjoyed on maui.

1  Thank Scott M
Reviewed December 15, 2016

We stopped by for lunch and had their fish tacos which were outstanding. We also had the pulled pork nachos and they were excellent as well.