“Great Hawaiian made ice cream”

Lappert's Ice Cream
Ranked #3 of 19 Dessert in Kihei
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Pukalani, Maui
“Great Hawaiian made ice cream”
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Lapperts has some of the best ice cream made here in Hawaii. The flavor I always get is the Kauai Pie on a waffle cone. Sometimes when I feel like it, I get a Kona Coffee shake. If you are there on Wednesdays, you can enjoy your ice cream while watching free entertainment near the store.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank mauiguy808

• Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
“The yummiest ice cream ever!”
Reviewed February 1, 2011

We've tried out Lappert's twice now (and our vacation is not quite over); their ice cream is the best! My husband, who is not a huge ice cream fan, is hooked on the coconut fudge. My favorite is Kauai Pie, chock full of coconut, chocolate, macadamia nuts, and a hint of kona coffee - yummmm! It is on the expensive side, but so is everything else in Maui. We can walk to the Shops at Wailea location from our hotel, so it is worth a stroll for a late evening treat.

1 Thank KMme
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not high quality.”
Reviewed November 2, 2010

We had ice cream here after dinner at Tommy Bahama's Cafe. We weren't planning on going to Lappert's but the smell of the fresh waffle cone drew us in. The cone was good, but unfortunately the ice cream did not measure up. I tried both the Heavenly Hana (basically Rocky Road) and the Chocolate Oreo. The quality of the ice cream just wasn't there, and it felt like eating a store brand flavor of ice cream.

Account for the high prices, and I'd much rather have other forms of dessert famous on Maui (Ululani's Shave Ice or Ono Gelato).

Edmond, Oklahoma
“Great Ice Cream w/Unusual Flavors”
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Lappert's has great ice cream. My wife likes the Tutu's Anniversary which is Passion Fruit & Raspberry Sorbet and Ice Cream. I though Mana Kea's Secret was good. Several interesting flavors to choose from that are kind of local. The ice cream is made fresh daily I believe. They also have coffee which we didn't try. The Coconut and Pineapple ice creams are also great as is the Pumpkin. Alright, so we shopped a while and then came back for seconds. It's our anniversary trip so we are doing it right! Highly recommend.

1 Thank GraniteWash
Chicago, Illinois
“Great ice cream”
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Good choice of local flavors. Small but with outside seating.

1 Thank Innocent_Abroad

Been to Lappert's Ice Cream? Share your experiences!