“Best sushi on Maui”

Sansei Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sansei Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 179 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
“Best sushi on Maui”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Although I like the atmosphere at the kaanapali location better, this place has "broke da mouf" good sushi. We had all kinds of rolls and our "desert" was the lobster ravioli appetizer. It was so good we ordered a 2nd helping. We sat at the sushi bar so service was great. The kids next to us ordered the fried ice cream & it looked awesome!

1 Thank Benizziranch

Santa Rosa, California
“One of the Best Restaurants In Kihei”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Happened to be in a Lahaina pharmacy, and mentioned we were moving to a condo in Kehei. The pharmacist told us he used to live there, and make sure we went to Sensei...... we did. Very nice restaurant with excellent food and exceptional service. To make this an additional value, arrive early and get a significant discount!!! This restaurant is best known for their sushi, but there are plenty of "non-sushi" options that are very good..... especially the chicken!

2 Thank Don H
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Good sushi”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Nice little restaurant with good sushi and alternative foods. Dishes were skillfully plated and tasted as good as they looked. A very large and confusing menu. Go for the sashimi (sushi without rice) you wont fill up as fast and can try more varieties of fish.

• Visited September 2013
“Good food, but terrible service”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Had an ok time. I ordered the calamari and udon soup. The sushi was pretty good, especially the butterfish roll. my husband had the lobster and crab cake pasta. it was yummy! The waitress was very unfriendly, and didn't even offer us dessert, she just gave us the check, so we left.

Savannah, Georgia
“OH YUM !!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Think I may have found a little piece of Sushi / Saki heaven at the bar of this must do out of the way spot. I had done a little research and knew that this was to be my first dinner stop on a two week tour of the islands. It was not my last! The restaurant was bustling and I lucked into two choice bar seats for my husband and myself. The waitress/bartender had been there a while and her recommendations by our request were superb. We hung with the appetizer menu for the most part. Many of the selections have been awarded accolades by locals and the press and they are spot on. The waitress...gosh I wish I could remember her name,,,paired our selections with Saki suggestions that were perfection and convinced us to return for the half price night later in the week. The bar was full but the Sushi Bar provided another delectable dining adventure. We were so sold on this place that I bought a gift card for a client planning a Maui vacation and made my way to another of their locations on the Big Island. if I didn't have to fly half way around the world to get there, I'd go tonight.

• Visited August 2013