“Still good after all these years!”

Sansei Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sansei Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 186 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I don't know how many years we have been dining at this restaurant but I do know we come to Maui twice a year and Sansei's is a must each time. We have been coming here 22 years. If you are a frequent flyer to sushi , then you will differentiate good fresh fish and sushi that you feared would revisit you later on that night! These dishes are never a disappointment The miso butterfish is to die for .... Melts in your mouth! It's not on the menu, but ask for Hamachi Kama My husband can't get away without ordering an appetizer of seared ahi wrapped in spinach. We just went last night and I am ready to have dinner there again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,274)

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Don't get me wrong, the food is good, however the staffing is poor. We ate in and the waitress was very inattentive, and unfriendly.

We did enjoy the food, so we decided to order take out again. First time, no problem ordered over the phone and picked it up when it was ready, but they automatically added a 10% gratuity to all take out orders. Second time we ordered take out again and they said that we needed to give them our credit card up front to order such a large order (I was ordering for myself and my wife, no one else.) I told them that I would be paying cash and was not comfortable giving them my credit card over the phone. The girl that answered the phone told me that was their policy and they have had a lot of people order and not show up for their food. I asked to speak to the manager and he said I was welcome to come down, place my order, pay cash, and wait 45 minutes for my food to be ready. I told him we will order from somewhere else, thank you. I find it hard to believe that people are ordering sushi and not picking it up, and this seems to be a problem specific to this restaurant, as every other restaurant we have ordered from in Kihei has not asked to be paid up front.

2  Thank hardwoodguy
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great sashimi and sushi, half price after 10. Only drawback is having to listen to whatever karaoke is offering that night. Good aloha service, but be mindful the tip is already on the bill as a service charge and not always pointed out.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The sushi is fresh, the bartenders are very entertaining if you sit at the bar.
The Sake is warm...as it should be
The prices are reasonable, especially half price nights.

Be prepared to wait in line, but it is a sushi feast that is well worth the wait.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Been here a few times and I can safely say some of the best sushi on Maui. The quality of the fish is excellent and the creativity of some of the rolls is impressive. They also have non-sushi fish dishes too. Very tasty fish, popular with locals and tourists alike. We'll probably end up going twice this trip. Prices are typical for a sushi restaurant. Restaurant itself a little bright, but better to be able to see the food than not I guess. Definitely recommend.