“Great Seafood at a Great Price”
Review of Eskimo Candy

Eskimo Candy
Ranked #10 of 182 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Best seafood in Hawaii for the price. Good grilled ono and chips, terrific seafood chowder - better than anything I ever had in Boston!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

One word, delish! Also ordered the seafood chowder, which was very good. Other parties in my group had the fish n chips and they all liked it. I also had the shrimp and again, just as good.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I read about this place in a book and it said you got good seafood for a reasonable price. Well, I would love to have this place in my neighborhood! It was a little off of the beaten path, but my GPS on my phone took us right to it. I had the shrimp tacos, and my husband had the ONO, which was the catch of the day. The food was FABULOUS!!! They had a great kids menu for our 11 year old. We loved the ONO so much, that we ordered more! Not much room to eat inside, but with the weather being so great, it was wonderful to sit outside! I could have eaten here every day! The staff were SO nice and kind! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!

1  Thank 501Lisa
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were in search of poke in Kihei (If you don't know what poke is, you're missing out. It's pronounced 'pokay' and it's raw fish, seasoned any number of ways over rice. Delicious!) and someone told us about Eskimo Candy. It's not on the main drag in Kihei, you have to go of your way a bit, but it's worth it. It's a small shop with a few seats indoors and a few outdoors as well. It's not in a touristy area. But they serve a number of different fish and seafood plates, smoothies, and most importantly, poke that is really good.

1  Thank 496JillG
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were so disappointed that Alexander's Fish & Chips on S. Kihei Road had shut down, because we loved their Mahi Mahi & chips. When we asked a local for a recommendation, she pointed us just up the road to Eskimo Candy.
I hate to say it, but Eskimo Candy has Alexander's beat. We ordered their fresh Mahi Mahi and chips. So much food! 4 large pieces of lightly battered fish served with fries and fresh cole slaw. Their fries aren't home made which was a bit of a disappointment, but the fish was absolutely amazing.
One more disappointment when we went back just 2 days later.....they're only open Monday - Friday. We're headed back this week!
Oh,.......it's a fish market and restaurant, so if you want to cook it up at home, you can pick up fresh or frozen fish as well.