Kihei Kai Oceanfront Condos
$159
$129
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssugar beachsnorkeling spotfancier placesabc storefront lawnthe kitchenwatch the sunsetupper unitindividual unitsvisited mauiwhole complexsmall poolplace to stayother guestshome away from homequiet beachliving room
Reviewed February 19, 2014

It was a perfect holiday. The condo was right on the beach and it was just like staying home. It was well furnished and couldnt have asked for more. I personally like the location as well as it is in the center and it was easy to get to all places. The sunset right outside the condo is one of the best sunsets.

Room Tip: The property is right on the beach so it is ok to not have a view from the room. It might be cheaper to get a room that doesnt have the ocean view - since your backyard is the beach anyway, it might not matter at all.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in #109, an upstairs apartment that overlooks the beautiful beach and ocean. Very friendly and helpful managers. Great location, away from the crowds but easily accessible to Kihei town. Lots of nearby restaurants and stores (including grocery stores). We rented a car at the airport and it was a pleasant 30 minute drive. There's one bathroom, one bedroom and a reasonable kitchen and living room area. You could certainly cram a few kids into the living room but it would be a bit cozy. We enjoyed SCUBA diving every day with Makena Divers, an excellent outfit especially for experienced divers.

Room Tip: #109 costs more but is worth it for the spectacular view and newly renovated kitchen.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I spent our week long honeymoon at Kihei Kai and it was absolutely amazing! We stayed in unit 2 and were extremely happy with everything. The kitchen is newly remodeled and beautiful, and the unit is very functional and comfortable, not to mention just steps from the beach.

Ron and Paula, the property managers, were very friendly and helpful. Being a smaller condo comlex allowed us not only to get to know them, but to meet other guests as well. We even shared some meals and drinks together (there are bbq grills between the condo and beach) in the evenings.

Kihei Kai is ideal for a relaxing getaway and we hope to return in the near future!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here for 8 days at the end of Sept. and found it to be a great place. The host and hostess, Ron and Paula were fantastic going out of thier way to be helpful. I had unit 20 and it was recently renovated and had everythig you could ask for. The condos were close to everthing I wanred to and it was easy to get around Kihei and easy to drive to the western part of the island. I had a very enjoyable stay and well go back.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I are just completing a 7 night stay at the Kihei Kai. Words cannot express how incredible our vacation has been.

I should start by saying that I have always been hesitant about staying in a condo while on vacation. I am more of a resort kind of girl. We stayed in unit 24 which has an incredible ocean view. The interior of the unit was immaculate. The property itself is immaculate. The managers of the complex, Ron & Paula, were very attentive and always available.

The beach and the town of Kihei were both awesome. I am so glad I ventured out away from the big resort towns. Kihei is a quaint little village with the greatest little shops, places to eat and beaches. The beach where the Kihei Kai is located is very quiet, pristine and gorgeous. We spent the early mornings watching the sky change colors as the sun rose over the mountains and listening to the members of the paddle club row by singing their traditional Hawaiian songs. We spent the evenings watching the gorgeous unobstructed sunset.

We loved the resort so much we have already booked our next trip back. You can't go wrong staying at Kihei Kai!

Room Tip: Rooms 1 & 9 are right on the ocean. Rooms 20 and 24 have amazing ocean views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family