“Great Experience”

Kihei Kai Oceanfront Condos
Ranked #9 of 60 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in #109, an upstairs apartment that overlooks the beautiful beach and ocean. Very friendly and helpful managers. Great location, away from the crowds but easily accessible to Kihei town. Lots of nearby restaurants and stores (including grocery stores). We rented a car at the airport and it was a pleasant 30 minute drive. There's one bathroom, one bedroom and a reasonable kitchen and living room area. You could certainly cram a few kids into the living room but it would be a bit cozy. We enjoyed SCUBA diving every day with Makena Divers, an excellent outfit especially for experienced divers.

Room Tip: #109 costs more but is worth it for the spectacular view and newly renovated kitchen.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura M

Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I spent our week long honeymoon at Kihei Kai and it was absolutely amazing! We stayed in unit 2 and were extremely happy with everything. The kitchen is newly remodeled and beautiful, and the unit is very functional and comfortable, not to mention just steps from the beach.

Ron and Paula, the property managers, were very friendly and helpful. Being a smaller condo comlex allowed us not only to get to know them, but to meet other guests as well. We even shared some meals and drinks together (there are bbq grills between the condo and beach) in the evenings.

Kihei Kai is ideal for a relaxing getaway and we hope to return in the near future!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here for 8 days at the end of Sept. and found it to be a great place. The host and hostess, Ron and Paula were fantastic going out of thier way to be helpful. I had unit 20 and it was recently renovated and had everythig you could ask for. The condos were close to everthing I wanred to and it was easy to get around Kihei and easy to drive to the western part of the island. I had a very enjoyable stay and well go back.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I are just completing a 7 night stay at the Kihei Kai. Words cannot express how incredible our vacation has been.

I should start by saying that I have always been hesitant about staying in a condo while on vacation. I am more of a resort kind of girl. We stayed in unit 24 which has an incredible ocean view. The interior of the unit was immaculate. The property itself is immaculate. The managers of the complex, Ron & Paula, were very attentive and always available.

The beach and the town of Kihei were both awesome. I am so glad I ventured out away from the big resort towns. Kihei is a quaint little village with the greatest little shops, places to eat and beaches. The beach where the Kihei Kai is located is very quiet, pristine and gorgeous. We spent the early mornings watching the sky change colors as the sun rose over the mountains and listening to the members of the paddle club row by singing their traditional Hawaiian songs. We spent the evenings watching the gorgeous unobstructed sunset.

We loved the resort so much we have already booked our next trip back. You can't go wrong staying at Kihei Kai!

Room Tip: Rooms 1 & 9 are right on the ocean. Rooms 20 and 24 have amazing ocean views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

My three friends and I just got back from staying here for 6 days. My trip to Maui was the best vacation I think I've ever had and this little condo was part of the reason. Now, I must say that I'm not a fancy person so the fact that the condo is a bit dated didn't bother me. The inside was spacious for four girls, with two of us sleeping in the king size bed and two on the pull out couch. All the dishes, pots, linens, and towels were provided (even beach towels). The bed was a bit hard but I was so tired from our excursions that it didn't matter to me. Also, if you're staying with a couple people, buy some toilet paper as they only provide the first roll.

Anyway, I LOVED this place mostly because of how quiet it was. There were a bunch of cars in the lot but we never heard anyone. Also, the little beach behind it was beautiful and pretty secluded. The view of the sunset was breathtaking!

The unit had two A/C units and was located relatively close to a bunch of stores and other beaches.

The best part of staying here had to be the managers, Paula and Ron. Paula was just so sweet and friendly. Every time we saw them they asked about our plans and they suggested good places for us to eat. However, it is true what other reviewers say that they aren't always there after the morning.

If you're a simple person looking for a cute, quiet, AFFORDABLE place to stay, kihei Kai is for you. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank AW1843
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed in unit 14 and had a lovely time. The owner and his rental management company were amazing in helping us book a short notice stay in Maui. The owner went above and beyond with his own time to make sure we knew places to visit and how to get around. There's also a lovely little cafe called Dina's Sandwitches with lots of locals and yummy drinks. Just a short walk up the beach to Sugar Beach Resort. Major plus, this place sits right on an uncrowded beach! Amazing sunrises and sunsets! Lovely ocean views and swims. Everything you could possibly need. Be aware, it did get a little warm in the unit during the day and it was very warm inside when we arrived, but they do have air conditioning, plus you should be out exploring anyway! Would definitely stay here again. We hope to be back for a winter stay to see the whales! Many thanks to the owner!

Room Tip: Stay in unit 14 :)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Timothy A
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This little hotel was definitely one of the highlights of our trip to Maui. We arrived on a 4th of July, the local managers welcomed us as members of the family, with warm hugs, chocolates and exceeding all the expectations to make us feel at home. They even invited us to their own holiday BBQ, Paula and Ron you're the best! :-)

The hotel accommodations are cozy, clean and very well maintained. We definitely felt it was our own apartment in Maui. They also have a Bbq area by the beach, a pool, great laundry facility that has a small library with books to borrow (great idea!)

The hotel location is also convenient, with easy access to the highway that takes you to all Maui 's attractions, an walking distance ABC store and a good size parking lot.

We'll definitely stay here again in our next trip to Maui, highly recommended!

Stayed: July 2013