“Lovely B&B with very nice owners”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kihei
Tutu (Two) Mermaids on Maui Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 16 Kihei B&B and Inns
Offenbach, Germany
“Lovely B&B with very nice owners”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We stayed at the two mermaids in November 2011 and really enjoyed it. The B&B is run by two really nice ladies, Juddee and Miranda, who are extremely friendly and always take their time to give good advice on island activities, cultural backgrounds or even just a little chat. There are two appartements, a smaller one located directly on the poolside, the second is a bigger one including a pretty huge terrace with a bbq and a hot tub which was where we felt home. We got breakfast every morning which included fresh island fruits (very yummy), bagels and organic cream cheese (a blast!). Furthermore there is a kitchenette equipped with a fridge loaded with yoghurt and other delicious stuff as well as cereals and fresh coffee. The apartment is in very good condition, there s nothing you could miss as you are even provided with stuff that could be useful on your day trips such as beach chairs, snorkel gear, ...
Distance to the shore (beaches, restaurants, malls, supermarkets, ...) is 5 min max.

We really liked it at the two mermaids and therefore can totally recommend it. Too bad we had to leave. Thank you for a very pleasant stay and extraordinary hospitality. See you soon! :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ccyris

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Weaverville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 27, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at Two Mermaids. Juddee was very friendly and extremely helpful with information about the island, sites etc. The room was very comfortable. There is a nice pool outside and a gas grill. The small fridge in the room is well stocked with breakfast items such as bagels, muffins, butter, jam, peanut butter, juice etc. Each morning Juddee would leave a closed basket on the rail with a selection of fruit and pastries. The room has a beach umbrella, ice chest and folding chairs for the beach. It is situated in a very quiet neighborhood located abouta half mile from the beach and the public boat launch area. A very nice location.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Art H
British Columbia
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I should have written this review so much sooner....but to be honest I just couldn't! I miss Maui so much that it made me sick just thinking about it and my amazing memories! Seriously, I really should move there because I love it soooo much!
Anyways....The Two Mermaids have the best B & B ever!!! It is the most amazing place to have a home away from home experience. (I consider it my home and Juddee and Miranda family!! My three daughters call them aunty :) I've stayed there twice now...once when my hubby and I got Maui'd and the other was with my sister, nephew and daughter. We stayed in both the Ohana and Poolside suites and I can honestly say that they are both amazing for different reasons.
The Ohana suite has a little more room than the other and its like being a tree house. You are up high and have a very large deck with a hot tub (all to your self!) Very colorful, cheerful colors and very homey...And there is an amazing palm tree that frames the sky when you are sitting in the hot tub....OH THE MEMORIES!!!!! and the margarita's!!!!
The Poolside suite is my favorite...it was very homey and relaxing! I had the most amazing sleep in this suite! I loved seeing the pool at lit up at night when coming back to the suite or looking out the window. The bathroom has great lighting for makeup application....very important....lol.
The pool is amazing...love the rocks around the edges and it very clean!!!! VERY!!!
The fruit and the goodies served are so de-lish!!! I loved the banana mac muffins! Fresh and warm from the oven..and left outside...I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE LADIES COMING INTO THE PLACE UNANNOUNCED!!! .... And I consider them family!
I cannot say this enough....Get their advice on the Island's activities! They KNOW everything that is going on!!!! We would of NEVER found the fun events that they knew about!!!
They suggested the Annual Ag show...and it was AMAZING!!! BEST FUN EVER!!!

Well it is very safe to say, that we ARE coming back in March/April 2012!!!!!
PS~~~Aloha Juddee and Miranda!!! Love and miss you!!! See you in 2012

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Teresa W
Karlsruhe, Germany
Reviewed May 23, 2011

The B&B is located a quiet area of Kihei and acts as a great home base for all kinds of activities. The backyard with a nice swimming pool is an amazing place to relax. Our room was equipped with a kitchenette and a fridge which held parts of our breakfast supplies. Our lovely host provided us with fresh fruit each morning. She provided awesome advice regarding activities and did the booking for us. Our stay was extremely relaxing and we would recommend this place anytime.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank miqster
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We stayed at this B&B and at first were very impressed with the owner's hospitality and the fruit basket and bread left at your doorstep every morning. After getting a reasonable night's sleep our first night as a married couple, we left early to tour Maui. When we got back that evening, the owners had left us a nasty note telling us to make our beds and clean our room before leaving for the day. The owners proceeded to 'check in' on us a few times a day and even walked into our rooms unannounced on a few occasions. Our stay was marred by their weird and discourteous behavior and their lack of respect for guests personal space. My wife and I were married in Maui and spent our honeymoon night and two additional nights at the two mermaids. When we left the hotel, we left quietly without making a fuss. Half way across the US, we got a call from 'two mermaids' - they wanted to know why we didn't fill out their guest book with complimentary remarks about our stay...and even ventured to say that we were the only people who had not done so.

I honestly think this is the worst, most discourteous place I have ever stayed in my life. We could not wait to leave this corny, tacky and distasteful b&b behind.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
15 Thank Kewcheystories
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Two Mermaids is a great place to stay. We stayed in the 1st floor room. The basket of breakfast treats every morning was great. I loved the pool. It was awesome just sitting out there and soaking up the warmth. The B and B is located close to the Kihei beaches. It's about a minute by car to the closest beach. So you Could walk it if you wanted but you'd be walking back up hill. Regardless, the location is great. We loved every minute there!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Owner is a very gracious host. Serves great fruit basket with bread each morning.

She also assisted with activity info and registration.

We stayed in small, private room by pool. It had a pull-down bed but more than adequate space. There was a small kitchenette and a small, stocked refrigerator. Decor is informal with a feminine touch. Other rooms are bigger.

Guests are asked to help with cleaning dishes and to remove shoes at door (common in Hawaii).

Shower but no tub which was OK with us.

Property is in secluded residential area. One can walk to a nice beach but going by car may be better.

There is a small swimming pool on site for cooling off.

Full payment requested in advance.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Innocent_Abroad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Maui Coast Hotel
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Mana Kai Maui
Mana Kai Maui
#6 of 62 in Kihei

Been to Tutu (Two) Mermaids on Maui Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!