“An excellent diving experience with knowledgeable, accommodating and friendly staff.”

Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures has been a leader in the Maui dive community for over three decades. Our dive charters cater to certified divers and we offer the best Maui dive site experience through personalized eco-friendly tours. We have select boat tours for both divers that need some supervision and for experienced divers that are looking for more flexibility to match their advanced diving skills. Our store also offers scuba instruction, refresher dives and introductory discover scuba tours. In addition, our sister company Maui Snorkel Tours offers shoreline eco-snorkel tours for the whole family.
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

These guys are the best. Everyone that I had the pleasure of interacting with went above and beyond to make my dive experience extraordinary. When I called to confirm my booking the day before I arrived, one staff member gave me his personal cell number in case I ran into snags (i.e. Late flight, directions, etc). The dive leaders, Tiffany, Justin, Tom and Ricardo made each of my seven dives among the best I ever had. They were just as excited to see things as I was. On deck, Byrd and Kim assisted with the gear and provided the run down of what we would expect on each dive. Ed Robinson showed up each morning to greet us at the boat launch. Top Notch!

There are newer reviews for Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This was the best dive operator I have experienced anywhere.
Very thorough pre-trip briefing, good rapport with dive master (Dave).
When I told them how much weights I needed they joked about too much. They underloaded me the first dive and realized I needed more so they added more weight on for the second dive.
I am still a novice but Dave worked with me in that I am a slow equalizer and took a few minutes to reach bottom on the first dive. The second dive I was able to go down right away without any delays. I was in the novice group but they checked me out and okayed me for another dive reserved for more experienced divers.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were worried about how easy it was to book only a day in advance during one of the busiest times of the year. And even more worried when we found out it was just the two of us. However, I must say Suzzy e-mailed me right away and made a follow up phone call just to make sure we were comfortable with the reservation. I was impressed by all the upfront personal communication in these days and times.

When we got to Ed's, we were really starting to doubt the good reviews we had read on trip advisor. After we met Jeff, we started to relax a bit. Jeff is very personable and likeable. Once we geared up, listenened to the rules and signed our life away, he told us we would be following him in our car for about 15 miles. For some reason, we assumed we were going out on a boat. After reaching "Mile Marker 14", we realized we were wrong. Still trying to keep a good attitude, my husband and I proceeded to park on the side of the road not far from Lahaina, get out and make the best of it.

The beach is only 10 feet from where you park. Access is easy and safe. You don't need to take much - a couple of water bottles and towels is plenty. Jeff gave us some wonderful banana bread, fresh pineapple, water and also had assortments of snacks at the end of the adventure.

We started snorkeling about 10 minutes after parking. The reefs there are very close to shore and cover a good amount of area. There were several species of fish, loads of urchins and coral and an unbelievable amount of sea turtles. According to Jeff, it was unusual to see all the turtles in the area in one tour - about 20 in all. He had names for each one - very cute. The turtles are very personable and swim right up to you. We also saw humpback whales in the distance.

I've been to the Great Barrier Reef snorkeling and would not say this experience was better than the other but would say it was equal to. Both experiences were totally different and special in their own way. I really like that we had a personal tour to ourselves and very little fear of anything going wrong. Jeff made us feel very comfortable in the water. My husband on the other hand had never been snorkeling and thought this was the best part of our trip - and we had many great adventures here in Maui.

We would highly recommend Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures and Jeff as your guide. I would definetly do this again.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Called the night before to make sure they had our weight integrated bcs. "Chong" (SP?) told me that yes they would be on the boat. Next morning we get to the boat and all they have is weight belts for us that were not correctly weighted down. Also no Aloha, Mahalo no nada. Just an extremely rude boat captain "Bird" and his fellow rude colleagues. He told us to fill out or paperwork. What happened to customer service or a Hi, Hello, How are you? Ed himself showed up with his 3 dogs in tow to see everyone off.

On our first dive Ricardo did ask if there was anything he should know about how we dive. This would be the only show of concern for us our entire time of 3 days of diving. Dave, the other divemaster, was a jerk to just about everyone on the boat. His curt comments were only broken up by his joke telling which left much to be desired. My boyfriend did his first dive underweighted (despite us putting in specific weight requests) and surfaced with a bloody nose. The only concerned person on the entire boat was another diver. No questions or comments from the divemasters or the boat captain. Scary. Dave was constantly rushing Ricardo's divers and complaining that they were too slow to get into the water. Also they had divers get into the water and swim to the mooring line without a single divemaster in the water first. Unbelievable!

The next day of diving was a repeat of the first. Only this time we had Dave as our divemaster. Other passengers were complaining about the lack of organization of equipment and not knowing which was theirs and at times not having the appropriate sizes. There was never a final check before getting in the water. It was all rushed without any care for dangers and issues that divers may have been having.

I decided to go ahead and cancel my 3rd day of diving because I did not feel safe diving with this bunch. Our last dive of day 2 had been the wall of Molokini and the instructions given to us to be picked up were not executed by the captain. Talk about confusion.

Their cancellation policy is 48 hrs in advance which sounded good. Well not so fast. It is 48 hrs in advance AND only if they can sell the spot to someone else. Figures. Best loss of money I will ever have. Stayed by the pool that day and didn't have to worry about rude obnoxious comments from the divemasters. There was one diver who we could tell was very advanced and the divemasters surfaced without him every time and said he will come up at some point.

This dive company came highly recommended by every guide book I had read. I was shocked by their lack of customer service and safety during the entire dive. I also can't understand why there are not more bad reviews on this place especially since 5 other divers were upset at the lack of experience and bad manners/ attitude among the staff.

10  Thank Xwantone
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Ed Robinson runs a very special dive boat every Wednesday, Adventure X. It is for advanced divers only and delivers some of the best diving in Maui. As a participant you the diver decide on what dive site you are going to visit based on the weather and current conditions. Better still, being an experienced diver you don't have to tag along with the dive master, you are free to go and explore the dive site at your own pace. Each diver is responsible for monitoring their own air consumption so you have the freedom to dive to your own style and don't have to finish a dive early just because another diver has poor air management. I have personally visited sites not accessible with other operators like the "Hellcat bomber" wreck, third tank (wreck of a military landing craft), the Pinnacle at 85ft (almost guaranteed a shark sighting) and the Apartments, just to name a few. If you are a serious diver this trip should be on your "bucket list."