“not really Adventure Diving”

Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures has been a leader in the Maui dive community for over three decades. Our dive charters cater to certified divers and we offer the best Maui dive site experience through personalized eco-friendly tours. We have select boat tours for both divers that need some supervision and for experienced divers that are looking for more flexibility to match their advanced diving skills. Our store also offers scuba instruction, refresher dives and introductory discover scuba tours. In addition, our sister company Maui Snorkel Tours offers shoreline eco-snorkel tours for the whole family.
Shingletown Calif
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“not really Adventure Diving”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Start with the good: The main Lady staffing the office is knowledgeable, nice, and very helpful. The dive masters are very friendly and run the dive profile very well. They go through your dive bag and set your gear up, So if you like that it is a plus for me it was a negative.
Like most of the dive boats on Maui space to move around is at a premium.
When they talked of Adventure diving I assumed they had a plan and some challenging dive sites in mind. But that was not the case as they asked us where we wanted to go. The backwall counts as adventure diving (weakly) but our second dive was a very easy beginner dive. I was able to get to the same site from the beach. This trip was really not worth the price. I will not use this service again and do not recommend them.

2 Thank shingletown

Grande Prairie, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Definitely recomend diving with this crew, FUN and FANTASTIC!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I did two 2 tank dives with E.R. and I was very pleasantly surprised by the level of service the crew provided. In a busy place like Maui I wasn't sure what to expect. Not only was the diving fantastic, but Ricardo and Justin pointed out every little critter they came across, it seemed as though to work for Ed you must have an eye for the small stuff, I couldn't believe all the life I would have missed out on if they hadn't have pointed it out. THe staff was extremely knowledgeable about the area and the life underwater, and not to mention friendly and funny. The snacks on the boat were great, even had birds eating out of my hand at the boat dock! I definitely reccommend Ed Robinson to anyone travelling to the area.

Palos Verdes Estates, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Dive Master Erik was wonderful”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had a great time with Erik on a couple of Beach Dives, and all the staff were wonderful. Having dived with Ed Robinson for 30 years or so, I selected Ed Robinson to give my wife her Padi certification training his staff assigned Erik to give her the instruction. He had the "patience of JOB" his approach was completely safety in mind and action. His demeanor was exemplary and his actions was perfect. He is truly an asset for Ed and Sally. Erik is wonderful, I recommend everyone to request him in the future, I know I will.

Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic and professional”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Ed Robinson and his team are simply the best. I dove with Bird, Dave and Ricardo two days ago and had a great experience. Thes folks are safety conscious, fun and accommodating. What professionals! Today my wife and I went on a beach snorkel with Ed. Along with our two kids, a 7 year old girl and an 11 year old boy. The trip started with Ed giving us a quick summary of the formation of the islands and an understanding of how the various fish species arrived in Maui. Ed literally wrote the book on this. Our snorkel was stunning, complete with 6 green turtles. Ed was patient and kind with the kids, and we learned so so much about the reef systems here in Maui. 5 stars are not enough...

Fremont, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unbelievable Diving Experience”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My family took a 2 tank dive trip with Bird, Dave Justine and Ricardo. It was amazing. As 2 of us snorkeled while the other 2 dove, the team could not have been more accommodating. Ed Robinson has the most professional organization and dives.
We could not have picked a better operation. This will definitely be the go to dive operators when we are in Maui.