“These people know their stuff!”

Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures has been a leader in the Maui dive community for over three decades. Our dive charters cater to certified divers and we offer the best Maui dive site experience through personalized eco-friendly tours. We have select boat tours for both divers that need some supervision and for experienced divers that are looking for more flexibility to match their advanced diving skills. Our store also offers scuba instruction, refresher dives and introductory discover scuba tours. In addition, our sister company Maui Snorkel Tours offers shoreline eco-snorkel tours for the whole family.
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Was in the process of completing my open water dive certification. Was recommended to use Ed Robinsons shop to do my open water dives. Robyn did a wonderful job coordinating all the arrangements via email (as well as setting us up on a Molokini dive trip... snorkle and dive). Andrea led our dives (my son was along for the ride as he was already certified), and she did a tremendous job not only with my skill check offs, but the dive as a whole (turtles, octopus, sounds of hump back whales.....need I go on!)
After doing my research, one name kept coming up, Ed Robinson. My expectations were far exceeded!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Dear ERDA,

While in Maui last August, you nick-named us the Tiger Shark Family, as this was part of our shore dive experience with Jennifer as we began our fantastic adventure with all of you! Thank-you for all of the fun we had with you. We appreciated how spoiled we were in and out of the water, with homemade cookies from Kim and reminders for me of how to dump air in the kidney section of the BCD and avoid mask squeeze on the deep dives! We always understood the dive plans and felt safe with the personal attention from your MD Team. You taught us how to enjoy seeing the reef sharks in their own backyard and spot all the life that blended into the colors of the rock, coral and ocean water. We could not believe the beauty in the deeper layers of the ocean along the back wall of Molokini, the thrill of passing through the lava tunnel at Red Rock and the fun creatures awaiting us at the turtle cleaning station. Our son was so glad he got to see "Vader" the giant Manta Ray.

I have attached some my favorite creature photos from Ricardo. You are such a splendid photographer, Ricardo! We appreciated having the JPEG momentos for home. This was the best family dive trip! We look forward to returning and diving with you again in the future.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I have traveled several times with ERDA to Molokini. Every time we seem to have different viewings, and great dives. Molokini is fantastic, and the Red Hill dive on the return to Kihei harbour is a drift dive that is among my top 5. IN the Spring, my son came very close to a great white shark, and has pictures to prove it.
THe DMs on Ed Robinson are fantastic, and the support staff are all good people. You really can't go wrong diving with ERDA.

1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have been diving with this company for over 7 years! I have NEVER had a bad experience. It is so awesome to see the same people working for the company when returning. The divemasters are extremely knowledgeable and professional. At NO time have I ever been instructed to touch the reef. In fact, the divemasters specifically indicate not to touch the reef. They are attentive on the boat and under the water.

As a diver one needs to be responsible for their own safety stop. I reviewed the two poor comments that were posted. Obviously, those two want to blame the divemasters for their poor diving skills. How can you possibly blame the dive shop or the divemasters for not completing your own safety stop? Maybe they should repeat their advanced open water course.

From the moment you meet the boat at the boat ramp, you know you are part of the Robinson family! Love seeing Nemo, Honu and Sharky with Ed! Thanks to Byrd for taking us to wonderful dive sites! My favorite is three anchors and he knows it! He made a special point to make sure we went there on one of the many days that I was diving. Mahalo! ali

3  Thank AliLilbit
Reviewed November 26, 2012

From the first emplyee I associated with to the last, I received noting but great friendly service and professional care. While on a vacation from the mainland, I decided to complete my scuba diving certificate by taking my Open Water dives in Maui. Robin was the first of many employees at ERDA that I associated with and I received nothing short of great care and helpfulness. My open water diving instructor (Kerry) was curtious and professional. She really knew her stuff and showed me the beautiful life under the sea associated with quality scuba instruction.(saw mainy beutiful sea animals including a green sea turle - awesome!) On November 17, 2012 I dove with ERDA off their boat at Molikini and the St. Anthony dive sites. Even though this was my first scuba adventure I felt safe in my surroundings because of the instruction on the open water dives and the professional care I received on the dive boat. The Captain, dive masters and crew were very informative on their narration of the dive sites, dive plan and of the aquatic live we would be visiting. Safety instructions were given along with the do's and don't of dealing with marine life in this great preserve.
At all times I felt safe and well informed. The dive masters pointed out the different types of marine life and after the dive answered any questions that were asked. I never felt any pressure from any of the staff and only hope I can come back soon.

1  Thank Dave U