Open today: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Come for the diving, stay for the Dave and Ricardo show

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Paul R
Diving with the best

Eric B
Bend, Oregon

All reviews great dive boat crew molokini crater frog fish eagle rays octopus these guys top notch marine life awesome dives cookies boat ramp dive spots cool stuff open water certification an adventure own pace
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First trip was back in 92. I’ve had fun ever since. I’d go on but if too many people find out about this operation, there’d be no room for me on the boat. I just wish Dave would stop picking on Ricardo.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

My wife and I went with Ed Robinson's Dive outfit as the one we normally use was closed during our stay. We were not impressed.

It started out that even though we ordered Nitrox ahead of time, they did not have it the first day and made it seem like it was our fault. After not bothering to ask which was each of our gear, they connected the wrong regulators to the wrong BCs and when we pointed it out that asked if it was a problem. Of course it is as our dive computers are synced to the sensors on our own regulators.

When we got out to the first dive site, there wasn't much of a briefing. We asked what kinds of life we might see and the response was a essentially a tepid "whatever". As my wife was getting ready to enter the water, standing on the side of the boat, she was told to go, but as she was going over, was told to stop. . . too late. She was scolded for not listening.

Essentially, any time we had a question or comment, we were treated as if we were bothering them. They seemed very unprofessional. When I look at the 1-star ratings on trip advisor, I see things that we experienced.

I could go on and on about this outfit, but the reality is that are much better dive operations.

1  Thank tonytiger_13
Reviewed October 2, 2018

I have been diving with the Ed Robinson crew since the 90s. Have always enjoyed the experiences and friendships made. Top class diving in places most other charters don't go. Will always dive with the Ed Robinson charters when in Maui. Mahalo.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

Just did an Adventure Dive on the back of Molokini. I saw lots of life, including sharks, eagle rays, morays & turtles. Boat was well ran, & DM Dave took good care of our group of 4 divers. Everyone felt safe, saw lots, & came home happy. A great day under the water!

Reviewed September 21, 2018

Meet at the boat at a landing on Maui. Staff was OK, but had a hard time getting out of the water due to swells and not really offered a hand. Not that much to see here. I'm used to much better run places here on the Red Sea.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

Small groups (only had 3 in our group plus the DM), Dive a full tank only constrained by no deco limits, Super friendly DM's, Great at spotting sealife, Good boat plus meal and snacks. Need I say more.

These guys are great for experienced divers, went out with them to do the 3 tank dive on the Tuesday and had a great time.

Having a few hundred dives under my belt I usually find with most dive ops that I'm cutting my bottom time short and coming up with 120+ Bar left but with these guys on all dives I was able to make it up with 70 bar or less left each and every dive and we were only constrained by our no deco limits.

The DM's were super friendly and got to know you throughout the trip which made a pleasant change from a lot of other dive ops where the DM's just keep to themselves the whole time. Being a DM myself there was a few things I picked up on from a customer service point of view that I will be bringing forward into my own DM work.

We had a boat with just 7 divers and 2 DM's on board so definitely a good ratio and plenty of space to move around the boat and get setup, was great diving with others that had a good level of experience as I didn't have to worry about someone randomly shooting up or down or sideways and bumping into me which made for a very enjoyable dive.

As far as sealife went we dove two sites out at Molokini and one dive closer in when the weather picked up and saw a vast array of sealife. Lobsters, Barracuda, Rays, Nudi's, Whole heap of different reef fish. The drift dives were nice and slow going and as long as your buoyancy control is OK you will be fine on them.

Would highly recommend the 3 tank Tuesday dive to those that are slightly more experienced divers and if I ever come back to Maui will be diving with these guys again.

1  Thank Travel821140
Reviewed August 18, 2018

We did a two tank boat dive with Dave, and it was incredible! Dave was a very attentive and interactive dive guide, and we enjoyed getting to work with him. He was fun and enthusiastic and made sure to take a lot of pictures of everything for us, which was very considerate. The views were amazing, and it was just an all-around memorable experience that I would absolutely recommend.

1  Thank thomaseugeneb
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

I did two dives with these folks.... warm engaging greeting / introduction from Joe.

Byrd an Kim ran the boat safely and professionally.

Tiff was a full of knowledge and patient dive guide.

Dave is from Philly and tells whale jokes outside of ‘whale season’.

Overall experience made a lasting impression. I’d certainly go diving with them again.

My suggestion for folks considering this dive guide company.... bring cash for gratuities. There was not a sign posted, or trashy ‘tips welcome’ jar, and at no point did anyone ask for extra frog skins.... but I’m an avid diver and can appreciate that these folks work hard. They are attentive and really do a great job keeping you safe while still having fun. My recommendation is roughy $20 per crew member per day.... if you can’t afford that, I’m certain anything would be appreciated. But like I said, no one is going to ask you for it. Since they go the extra mile, you probably should too ;-)

Reviewed July 19, 2018

I really like Jo and Dave the dive guides. Good guys and a lot of fun. The back side of Molokini was an excellent dive. Went out for three days with them and took some good pictures and the guides found a number of animals that were photogenic. I had gone with Ed Robinson many years ago and was extremely happy to come back this time... Thanks and look forward to the next time. All the best......

Reviewed June 20, 2018

I was in Maui on business related pleasure trip. Signed up to go diving with Ed Robinson's. Great dive operation. The crew was informative, courteous and friendly.