“Worst Diving experince EVER!”

Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures has been a leader in the Maui dive community for over three decades. Our dive charters cater to certified divers and we offer the best Maui dive site experience through personalized eco-friendly tours. We have select boat tours for both divers that need some supervision and for experienced divers that are looking for more flexibility to match their advanced diving skills. Our store also offers scuba instruction, refresher dives and introductory discover scuba tours. In addition, our sister company Maui Snorkel Tours offers shoreline eco-snorkel tours for the whole family.
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I went diving in February on one of Ed Robinsons dive boats. The only thing interesting on the first dive was the sound of whales talking. Dropped us off by a pile of rocks hardly any fish. Least fish, and visualy interesting dive we have had in 10 years. Between dives the dive masters were goofing off and switched my husbands tank out for an empty tank. My husband descended with an empty tank, we got to the bottom and we turned to follow the group. I turned back within a couple minutes my husband was GONE and so was the dive master, we were on a drift dive and I couldn't return to try to find him. I was terrified and no one else in the group knew where he was. IT WAS ABSOLUTLY TERRIFIYING they had buddy breathed to the surfaced and hadn't been able to let me know. An opphs appology was all that was offered. They never offered any compensation or anything. When we got home I emailed them twice and didn't even get a single reply from anyone. On top of it all it was the most unorganized trip, we arrived at 6 am and stood around for over 2 hrs while they launched the boat and signed people in. Everywhere else we've dove we did all the paperwork ahead and walked up to the dock and took off. Just a crappy expensive trip.

5  Thank JaniceandRon
"reef's end"
"dive spots"
"cool stuff"

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We did two dives in June 2012. The first was a drift dive in Molokini creater. Not much to see there but a couple of jacks and sharks. Nonetheless, the crew was good and sharp. The second dive was at the wreck of the St. Anthony. Huge sea turtles lounged about the top of the boat, coming and going for cleanings. The tires weren't much to see but the wreck was mezmerizing. I could have stayed all day. Ed Robinson's boats are spartan; don't expect the big luxury cruisers. However, this was a well-run dive and we felt extremely comfortable as rather new divers (12-20 dives each).

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I just returned from an extraordinary trip to Maui. I had never been there before and have done most of my diving in the Caribbean (including Belize). The boat crew and Ed took us out on incredible dives and were fun to be with. We did deeper wall dives than I had done before on an "Adventure X" tour, and shallower dives. The sea life was incredible: sharks, sea turtles, and dolphin!! Upon return to the shore, get ready to hand-feed crackers to birds that flock to the boat! I highly recommend this dive shop. They were also helpful in booking other activities, such as surf lessons and stand up paddling. Great team.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Molakini is an extinct volcano and has some splendid reef exploration which is worth a visit. With visibility down to 150 feet, it is one of the best dive spots in the world. The 77 acres of underwater terrain were declared a Marine Life Conservation District (MLCD).

1  Thank GuroJohn
See more reviews
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I just returned from my trip to Maui. I have dove with ERDA on about 4 separate trips to Maui. They never disappoint!! Very professional, safety conscious crew . I did the 3-tank, 2-tank and a night dive with them. The crew: Burt( captain), Ricardo, Joe, Tiffany and Justin were all very nice, helpful and informative about the dive sites and what we hoped to see at the various dive sites.
The boat can take a max of 12 divers so you don't feel crowded at the dive sites. The groups are divided up based on experience. You are allowed to dive your computer and your air (within limits) This is not a cattle-dive experience when everyone goes up when one person becomes low on air. The Molokini Back wall drift dive is always great! We saw a few white-tips sharks, lots of jacks, nudibranchs, leaf scorpion, turtles, etc.... on the dives. Most of the dives are live-boat pick-up. Nitrox is available. They provide lunch on the 3-tank dive and snacks on the 2-tank dive. The night dive at Makena Landing was great. There is a cave at about 20-25 ft. that you can enter and see tons of turtles. We counted about 18-19 turtles in the cave. We also saw the largest frog fish I've ever seen just lying in the sand, squid, lionfish, scorpionfish. Justin gives a great pre-dive briefing of the dive site and spends a lot of time going over the reef books for things to be on the look out for during the dive. Ed came out to say hello to the group before the dive boat left on both mornings I dove and you can dive with Ed most Wednesdays on the adventure dive. Overall, a great dive operator with a good attitude towards customer service, safety and having a good dive experience for the novice diver and experienced diver.
---Cheryl in Washington