“Great time!”
Review of Blue Water Rafting

Blue Water Rafting
Ranked #5 of 82 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the sea caves and lava arches of Maui's remote and rugged Kanaio Coast on the most invigorating snorkeling adventure that Maui has to offer.
Ste. Anne, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great time!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My daughter (11) and myself had a blast on a 2 hour whale watch with Blue Water Rafting on February 13th. We had a great time and saw the wonderful whales "close-up". We loved the ride on the raft just as much as watching for whales. We will definitely book another trip with Blue Water Rafting when we come back to Maui.

• Korean first
Haiku
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dante the master skipper at the helm”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed the valentines day excursion with Dante today! He is absolutely awesome, very entertaining and a masterful skipper! He kept it light and lively and fun. We give him 5 stars. W are locals here on Maui and will definitely be sending the line up of house guests we have to Blue Water Rafting in the future. And we also enjoyed Kopeli in the introduction phase. He clearly comes straight from heart. Thank you for a memorable Valentine's Day!
The water and wind we challenging but none the less, we had a blast. The food was a surprise, we thought we migt be offered s little fruit but a full on sandwich meal too! wow! that hit the spot! much Aloha and Mahalo!!!
River and Streams

Butte Montana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great time with Blue Water Rafting”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

My family and I went on the coast tour with Captain Dante on February 4th. What a great time. We saw everything that day, whales, dolphins and turtles. While snorkeling at turtle town off the coast by Make a we had 2 of the biggest turtles I have ever seen swim with the group of snorkelers for 15 or 20 minutes. While at the second spot snorkeling we had a whale swim right up to the boat while we were snorkeling right there. Dolphins swam along side the boat for close to a half an hour spinning and flipping with in arms reach.
Aside from the great animal viewings we had Captain Dante gave a great tour of the coast where lava and sea met. He gave a lecture on the geology and history of this section of the coast. Captain Dante and his mate handled their boat with expert piloting ability. The captain handled the craft like it was an extension of his own body and although I am a land lubber I always felt safe with him at the helm.
Now keep in mind this is a small boat to be out on the open ocean and it is going to be a rough ride on all but the calmest seas.This is part of the fun of the ride and should be expected. I personally never felt sea sick but after 3 or four hours a few people on the boat were sick. Captain Dante did his best to try to make the ride as smooth as possible for these people. He went out of his way to find the smoothest patches of water to ride on to help relieve these passenger of their sickness.
I would say Blue Water Rafting is a must do when I'm Maui and would reccemd this charter to anyone. I know when I return toaii of will still be ony must do list.

1 Thank mtaaron1
Ohio
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Terrible Time”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We did the Express Whale Watch/Molokini Snorkel trip on Jan. 21, 2013. This was a waste of our money. All they care about is taking your money. The water had been rough the day I reserved, but they assured me they hardly ever cancel. When we showed up for our trip, I asked the captain again about it & he says "yea it's pretty rough but we go out pretty much no matter what". We did see several whales & a turtle, no dolphins though. It's supposed to be calmer on the inside of the crater for snorkeling, but that day we didn't do that because it was too rough, go figure. So they took us around the back side which was still really choppy. We were both first time snorkelers & we were in the water no more than 10 minutes. Way too choppy. I'm not a wimp, but the waves made me sick, which never happens. On the way back to land, I would estimate we were hitting 5'-6' waves constantly which made the ride worse. We stopped to look at some million dollar homes & once again I'm not a wimp, but I ralphed over the side. I think this was supposed to include lunch, but that never happened either. We called to complain after we got back to our home in Ohio but got nothing but "crabiness" to put it nicely from Jackie as someone else had commented about her on here. All she did was try & put the blame on us. As a small business owner myself, I surely wouldn't have any business from the way we have been treated. Once again, it's all about taking your MONEY!!!!

Visited January 2013
9 Thank Jeff P
Duncan, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Whale watching was excellent”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We took the 1.5 hour whale watching only tour. It was great being on a smaller boat with a smaller group. We saw a turle first, then quite a few whales and even some dolphins swimming with one group of whales. The whales got very close. The Blue Water crew was excellent, great sense of humour and lots of spirit on the boat. They even offered us water/juice even on the short trip. The ride back was very fun and exciting. Will definitely be doing more tours with Blue Water on future visits.

1 Thank Sandra W