“Skip the crowds!”
Review of Blue Water Rafting

Blue Water Rafting
Ranked #3 of 87 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the sea caves and lava arches of Maui's remote and rugged Kanaio Coast on the most invigorating snorkeling adventure that Maui has to offer.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were recommended this company by a friend. What a great tip! Loved the smaller group. It was a wild ride, but I sat toward the back and enjoyed it just as much. We did the 5.5 hour tour which was so worth the money and time investment. The snorkeling was unmatched and was like swimming in the best aquarium you have ever seen. We saw hundreds of varieties of fish, octopus, turtles and even dolphins. The crew (Joe and Kapeli) was attentive and fun. Their taste in music was excellent. The food was perfect and well-timed -- nothing special, but tasted great after being in the water. Don't expect breakfast right away -- they feed you after the coastal trip in the high waves (for good reason). They timed our voyage out to Molokini perfectly to avoid the large groups. While they can't control the animals we see, they seem to know where to find the unique opportunities for sightings. What a perfect day!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,615)
All reviews
in 35 reviews
"an adventure"
in 67 reviews

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We did the long trip including Molokini. Our boat captain was Dante along with Brandon. It was an amazing trip and well worth it. What an amazing way to see the best of south Maui. The snorkeling was great, I especially like the back side of Molokini and the "elevator". The music was great and Dante's sense of humor was entertaining. Thanks for a great trip.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Snorkeling at Molokini was a neat experience, but what really made it great was Dante & Eli really showing a joyful personality and investing in each of the passengers. They made a real effort to communicate with everyone by name, and were very attentive to the fears of a bunch of first-timers out in the open ocean. That helped everyone relax tremendously, and be able to enjoy the day.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Went on the 5.5 hr tour to see the lava flows and Molokini. Joe and Kepali were extremely knowledgable, friendly and took us to so many places others have never seen before. The ride is rough, but fun - I had my hip replaced last December and was kind of worried about the trip after reading other reviews, but it held up fine and we had the time of our lives. We swam with dolphins, turtles, lots of reef fish ...a couple others on our boat saw octopus and manta rays. Music was great....bring a waterproof camera. The crew kept us laughing and in good spirits with their corny jokes..and I was really impressed with their determination to let us see as much as they could how us, but ensuring everyone on the boat was safe. Not a leisure tour...this is high octane adventure if you are up for it. We will never forget the sights we saw yesterday. Thanks again, Jo and Kepali!

1  Thank CalgarySean47
See more reviews
Reviewed October 17, 2012

As I tried to roll out of bed the next day all I could think was "Did anybody get the plate of the truck that hit me?". The tour explicitly tells you that this is a strenuous ride and not for the weary and they're right. To be fair, all my pain the next day was muscle pain from what ended up as one of the toughest core work-outs I've done for a while. The trip to the Kanaio coast travels through the roughest waters around Maui and riding the waves while trying not to jam your spine into the hull is a work out for sure, especially if you're not in shape like me! So if you're expecting a nice leisurely cruise, this is not the trip for you.
Now, if you're looking for a unique excursion with some genuine excitement, with some nice snorkeling thrown in, I would highly recommend this tour, captain Brad and Steve were awesome, knowledgeable and a blast. They definitely made the tour even better. The views on the south side of the island are incredible and it's was cool to see something so few visitors get to see. I will definitely do this again, is time during whale season though. The only complaint/suggestion that I read in other reviews is that when you sit on the pontoon and hold the rope, your knuckles get scraped up. If I had read the reviews ahead of time and more carefully, I would have brought a glove. Blue Water should suggest this when booking. Again, a minor suggestion only. Great tour!

4  Thank hawkeye1991