“A Fantastic Dive Experience”

Mike Severns Diving
Toronto, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A Fantastic Dive Experience”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We drove from Kaanapali down to Kihei to dive with Mike Severns diving, and we expected great things. Our expectations were more than met with what we found there. The staff were extremely professional while remaining relaxed and putting everyone, including a nervous diver, at ease. The dive sites were incredible as well. They recommended a restaurant at which to eat after diving, and even at that they could do no wrong. If I am ever on Maui again I will certainly be back.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mike C

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Incredible experience!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I did a 2 tank morning dive with these guys last week. We had a great time with the highly knowledgeable staff. They took us on two great dives and provided valet dive service to set up and clean our gear. Very fun group of folks and will definitely dive with them again.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank hdub13
DE
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Best dive operation ever.”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We dove with this op the second week of May 2013. They have the nicest dive boat I have ever been on (and that has been many). The Captain (Andy) is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet in your life. The rest of the crew was amazing. They are truly knowledgeable about different sea creatures and enjoy pointing them out. They also treat you like an adult experienced diver (if you are). As a dive master myself I do not like someone pulling on my gauges to check my air or deco time. I do not mind being asked or reminded to check my air, as they did. Our dive guide Pauline was amazing, she interacted with all the divers in our group as she pointed out all kind of neat things under the water, being sure that everyone saw what she was showing before moving on. She truly enjoys showing people the cool stuff under water. I could go on forever saying how great these guys are. Do yourself a favor and dive with these guys. The only problem is you will be spoiled. We dove several more ops on different islands in HI this trip and while good, did not compare to the great experience we had with Mike Severns diving.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank crisenda
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great dive company”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was in Maui in Feb 2013 for my second time. My first trip I dove with a company that was #1 recommended in the Maui revealed guide book. This time, as I like to see and do new things and experience new people, I chose a different dive operator. Mike Severns diving was friendly, professional and passionate about their dives. Their debriefing before the dives were knowledgable and very unique. They had picture books and spoke about some of the more micro or rare things we typically see on that dive and what to look for. Guidance above and below the water was safe! The boat was spacious and they only took a handful of divers in each group. One dive really stands out as the dive guide went the extra mile. Andy had led our group, and I am always usually really good with my air always surfacing with 1000+ PSI. Andy checked my air when most of the rest our group was ready to surface and I still had 1800 PSI and remaining no deco time. So we stayed under and close to the boat and scoured the coral gardens for almost 20 minutes longer. We turned over all kinds of shells looking for micro life, and found and snuck up on an octopus. It was my no deco time that actually made us surface. That dive was nearly 70 minutes, and everyone was waiting for us back on the boat haha. To me, that showed that they were really there for the divers, and to make our experiences unforgetable. Next time I am in Maui, I will be diving with Mike Severns again no question. And I dont feel the need to try another dive operator like I did last time.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Michelle L
Chicago, Illinois
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great diving, professional staff”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was my first time traveling alone, and I am still a pretty new diver, so I was a bit apprehensive about it. That being said, I had an excellent time, met another solo diver who I later hung out with while on the island. We dove Molokini Crater and a wreck dive known as St. Anthony. It was a wonderful experience. If you are diving Maui, go with Mike Severns! I tried another outfit on Maui which was very scary and resulted in an aborted dive.

Visited March 2013