“So much love for this dive team!”

Mike Severns Diving
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“So much love for this dive team!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The whole crew is amazing. They brief you on all the marine life and its clear how passionate they are about it and make you so excited to see what you're potentially about to see! And when they see something they make sure you do too. On my second dive I got seasick (typical for me) and they were SO nice to me and made me feel really cozy on the boat, really fun funny people to talk to! I only dive like once a year but they didn't make me feel inexperienced yet I also felt extremely safe and taken care of. Lovely boat, SMALL groups, just the best! When in Maui I would only dive with them. Oh yeah and there's fresh baked cookies, coffee, water, snacks:)

1 Thank McWilder

74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Very good outfit”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We dove with three outfits: Mike Severn (MS), Ed Robinson, and Extended Horizons. All three were excellent, not filled with novices. If I have to rank them, Ed Robinson is the best for actual dive experiences, and Extended Horizons was the best in general, but MS was very good as well. The divers on MS weren't as experienced as with Ed Robinson, so we dove the inside of Molokini. It wasn't spectacular like the backside, but great viz. It was the most rigid of the three operations, we had to follow stricter rules/hand holding, so less relaxing. The DM did a good job of discussing species. Overall a very good, serious, outfit. Not a Walmart of diving like other operations.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank JonnyDub
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“This is the best dive company I have ever used.”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

These people treat their guests as real guest and not just a paying customer. I felt like I was diving with friends even though I had just met them. They work hard at pleasing their customer. They know your name. They find out what you want out of your dive and they honestly deliver. They are experts in their knowledge of the ocean. I'm sure if I am ever diving Maui again that Mike Severns diving will be my only consideration.

Oh and for what it's worth, the food on board was very good if that matters to you.

1 Thank JakeBBailey
Seattle
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Terrific Dive Experience”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Mike Severn's Diving is a great choice for Maui divers. The crew was friendly, professional, and very attentive to each diver whether that diver was relatively new or more experienced. On the ride out the dive guides talked individually with each diver. At the dive site a few minutes were spent reviewing the dive plan and likely sea creatures to be seen. In the water, the emphasis was clearly on careful observation. During (and after) the dive, the guides were happy to answer questions and help identify sea life. Pauline has an amazing amount of knowledge! I dove four days in a row with them and on every dive I had fun and learned something new. As divers ran low on air they were safely escorted back to the boat but others continued to dive as their air and time limits allowed. As a PADI IDC Staff instructor I've enjoyed diving from many boats and this operation is first class. It's tough for a crew to come back every morning with this level of enthusiasm and attention to detail but they make it happen.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank G_and_L_Seattle
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Dive Company”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was the second time we chartered with MSD company. The boat is big enough to take quite a few divers but not so big that you feel like cattle. While en route to the dive site, the dive guides and boat crew came around and got to know everyone. They called you by name and made sure we had everything we needed.

The guides provided one of the best pre- dive briefs I've ever gotten. They obviously love what they do and share their passion for diving and the marine life therein.

As a Divemaster myself, I feel qualified to suggest MSD to any seeking a Maui dive experience.

1 Thank Charlie J