“Well organized, Safe”
Review of Prodiver Maui

Prodiver Maui
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I was certified as a diver in 1991, but had not been down in 18 years. I used Prodiver two days. The first was for a refresher course. This course was done with Luke, and we dove off the beach at the Fairmont. Luke was attentive and good at bringing me back up to speed. The beach dive itself was surprisingly good, with fine water clarity, interesting sea life (octopus, sponge crab, turtles) and was in shallow water, allowing me to re-aquaint myself with diving.
Two days later my friend and I did a trip out on Prodiver's boat, with Capt. Paul and dive master Dan. We dove the wall at Molokini, but failed to see any large fish, and then a shallower dive just off the beaches of Makena. The latter had some fun caves and tunnels and interesting coral formations, with quite a few turtles.
Luke, Dan and Paul were courteous, professional and took safety seriously. The boat is small, but since Prodiver limits their trips to six divers, it works out just fine, and each diver received personal attention.
Diving in Maui is not exactly the Great Barrier Reef in terms of fish and coral, but the water is warm and the trips only take the morning, so it is an interesting activity for a Maui vacation.

There are newer reviews for Prodiver Maui

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Prodiver Maui, the name says it all, they are professional, polite, courteous, just the best!

808 875 4004. Or prodivermaui.com

Our crew Lizzie (dive master) & Paul (Boat Capt) are two of the best!

My daughter and I booked a trip 12/1/13. Me the snorkel person, my daughter the diver, I was treated with all the courtesy possible as though I was a diver, very nice.

Space for 6 (I made 7) so the instruction and attention to detail was all one could ask for. With the small group everyone is soon friends, also nice.

Their ad says the crew makes the difference it is so true! Lizzie and Paul were perfect in every aspect of this trip.

The crew gets there early, the boat is in the water, checkin, briefing, go!

The boat is smaller than some, but ample for 6 divers. It has all the features one would need for diving.
Not surprising also, is it's in mint condition.

I would not hesitate to recommend this company for even the most finicky of diver or for that matter snorkel person. Their speciality is scuba, but they catered to my every need.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I went diving with Prodiver for 6 days while I was in Maui. I travel to dive.
All I had to do was show up and they took great care of me. They set up everything and helped me greatly as I have a bad knee.
Not your typical cattle boat only 6 divers per day and that makes a huge difference.
I have nothing but good things to say about Dan, Liz,Capt. Paul and Capt. Bryan.
Thank-you for some very memorable diving in Maui!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This was the first ocean dive for my wife and I. the ocean swells were 6 feet plus and I wondered if they were going to cancel but the crew decided to head to Molokini .We explained to the crew we were inexperienced but the DM insisted on my wife and I going in first. My wife got sick right away and had to abort her dive. She continued with her seasickness on the boat and refused to ever dive again. I decide to start the descent to get out of the swells and made it ok. I have trouble equalizing and the DM was okay with me following above the rest of the divers until I could get down to their depth. Not much sea life on the bottom and it was disappointing. I saw more sea life snorkelling in South Maui. At the end of the trip they still insisted on full payment - plus tips!!! No offer for rebooking or credits. Also no consolation for my wife who could have been spared a horrible experience with a better approach from the DM.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I did another 2 tank dive with Prodiver on this latest trip to Maui. As my experience with operators grows Prodiver is always the standard that I use. There are a lot of good dive operators but no one has ever come close the quality at Prodiver. From Joni and Greg the office to captain Paul and Liz on the boat, Prodiver is simply fantastic. Liz is simply the best dive master that I have ever encountered. Her knowledge of the area and it marine life is only matched by her skill and safety consciousness in the water.

There is one problem with Prodiver, they are very popular and they operate a 6 pack boat. I couldn't commit to dates ahead on this trip so I only got in one dive with them. The lesson being book ahead if you can. There are other operators but this is the one I will always recommend and come back to.