“Still The Best”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Still The Best”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I did another 2 tank dive with Prodiver on this latest trip to Maui. As my experience with operators grows Prodiver is always the standard that I use. There are a lot of good dive operators but no one has ever come close the quality at Prodiver. From Joni and Greg the office to captain Paul and Liz on the boat, Prodiver is simply fantastic. Liz is simply the best dive master that I have ever encountered. Her knowledge of the area and it marine life is only matched by her skill and safety consciousness in the water.

There is one problem with Prodiver, they are very popular and they operate a 6 pack boat. I couldn't commit to dates ahead on this trip so I only got in one dive with them. The lesson being book ahead if you can. There are other operators but this is the one I will always recommend and come back to.

Visited November 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Incredible experience-completely worthwhile!!!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I could barely wait to write a review on this operation. I have never written a review before but I needed to express how great of a time my group had!

We never had to lift a finger once! Everything was done for us! Particularly interesting creatures I would have passed up alone were pointed out thanks to our dive instructor, Liz! Our captain, Paul was always a short boat ride away and would pick any one up whose air went out before the rest of the group. Thanks to those two, we had the best dives of our lives!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Erin H
Ontario, Canada
140 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 190 helpful votes
“What an excellent run operation”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We dove three days with prodivers. I had originally looked at booking with another dive company, but after looking at the reviews on trip advisor and scuba board I decided to go with this operation.
Hubby does not like getting up early in the morning and from where we were located we had to get up at 4 a.m. to get to the boat on time but it was so worth it.
We had Liz as dive master for the whole three days and what a treat that was. Her dive briefs are full of what you are going to see, including what behaviours to look for. She sets a good pace underwater , not a race as we have had some DMs do, and once she knows your level she will let you do your own thing within reason. Nice for hanging back a bit and watching the fish or trying to take pictures.
Liz take care of everything gear wise by asking first, not assuming that she can, for those that like to do their own gear setup.
They have lots of goodies on board, chips, muffins, bars, water, pop, coffee, hot chocolate and fruit for SIT times. How nice.
It was also nice having a head on board too.
I also wanted a small run operation not a cattle boat. Six divers plus crew was great.
We had captain Byran for two days and Paul for the one day. You can see that all have respect for each other and are a fun group to be with.
they will call other dive boats to see how the vis is for the different sites so that we divers get the best experience in diving.
I know there are a ton of dive operations to go with but going with Prodivers was the best decision.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Misty58
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great fun. No fuss.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went out on a 2 tank dive 6AM on a Tuesday. Met the boat at the boat ramp. Big plus that the boat was already in the water and all the gear was setup. Paul was the boat captain and Pete was the dive guide. We headed out before any of the other boats were even in the water. So we had something like the "first tracks" in the water and at the dive sites.

We didn't putz around waiting for a dozen other folks to get their act together.

5 divers total - 3 moderately experienced, 2 novices.

The boat is small and has been put to work of the years, but we had no problems.

Paul, very professional and approachable and knew what he was doing.

Pete gave us a little orientation about what we would go see, and how the dives would play out. He was a super nice guy on board, and took care of the group on the water. Late 20s early 30s surfer diver type. But not a burn out, not a novice, not a show off or arrogant.

They managed all the equipment set up and clean up. Drinks, fruit, cookies and snacks etc.

Pete took our small group into some great caves and we got chased by a few turtles. He also just kept an eyes on us and made sure we were all having fun. 80feet+ on dive one; 25-40avg on dive two.

After diving in many places in the Caribbean, Mexico and Costa Rica, this was my first time diving in the United States. This service experience was by far the best, efficient and relaxing. The diving in Jamacia was more interesting because of the coral reef.

Tipped the crew ~20% of our purchase price.

Definitely recommend the company for an easy fun time.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mike M
pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“All around great experience”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I went diving in a small 6 person group to Molokini back wall/Red Hill with Bryan and Matt. It was a great morning. We were the first to arrive at Molokini and had the backwall to ourselves. Matt was an excellent guide. I felt safe and comfortable diving with him. Bryan was a great captain. They both pointed out interesting things to explain and look at above and below the water, and offered food and drinks all along the way. They were also both very professional and made it a priority to make sure everyone was having a good time and was well taken care of. The rental equipment is newer and high quality. I'd definitely recommend them.

Visited August 2013