“Great Diving Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Prodiver Maui
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Diving Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Matt (Dive Master) and Bryan (Cap'n) led a fantastic (New Year's Day) dive for our family (4) and one other diver (shout out to Dave!). They were attentive to our desires and abilities and we came away from the dive feeling positive about Prodiver, jazzed about diving and ready for more. The dives were relaxed and yet we extended our comfort zone. Great explanations of observed whale behaviors during surface interval enhanced the experience. Pre/post-dive briefs were outstanding. In-water "spotting" was spectacular. Juvi WhiteTips, Day Octopus, Eagle Rays (4 in "formation"), sponge crab, many eels, Black Coral and just tons of reef life.

The small group experience was so nice. Good conversation with crew and other diver. We, as have others, came based upon billing in "Maui Revealed."

Thanks (again) to Matt and Brian (and the staff back at Prodiver Maui) that helped to make this a fabulous dive experience for the entire family.

Happy New Year!

Visited January 2013

Austin, Texas
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Excellent dive again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

We dove with Pro Divers again and enjoyed ourselves as much this time as our first time a year ago. This time we dove with Liz (divemaster) and Paul our captain. We first dove with this company last year (2011). They are highly qualified and knowledgeable. They know Molokini and the surrounding area, and know where to dive based on the conditions. We received an excellent pre-dive safety briefing from Paul on his boat, and divemaster Liz gave an excellent briefing on what we would be doing, and conditions we could expect. They are extremely helpful getting equipment ready before the dive, and assisting divers in water entry. Likewise, they are helpful on exiting the water, especially with smaller divers that need help with heavy equipment. I first found these guys based on a recommendation from a travel book, Maui Revealed, and found them to be every bit as good this time as the last. As far as I'm concerned, we will stick with them on return trips, probably the best outfit we've found, regardless of location!

Visited December 2012
Plano, Texas, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Prodiver is simply great.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I had planned on doing 3 2-tank diver starting on November 24th. I was so impressed I added a 4th dive. Prodiver runs a small boat with a very experienced staff. 3 to 7 divers with their very experienced dive masters. I dived with both Matt and Liz while captain Paul manned the boat. These are DM's with thousands of dives who obviously know the area and love what they are doing. Great Scubapro equipment. I will definitely dive with Prodiver again. The best dives of my life so far.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank DiverTX1962
Exmouth, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Brilliant dive operation.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Went diving yesterday with Matt and Brian and they were just the best,so professional,happy,knowledgeable and nice. Its great only going out with 6 people on a boat, you are never on top of each other underwater, plus we got to just go at our own pace,exploring what we wanted to,going up when we wanted to not having to go up when someone was low but there was no compromise on safety at all,Matt always kept an eye on us all whilst pointing out interesting things. The dives were beautiful,molokini had amazing visibility and great sea life and red hill was just teeming with turtles,we spent the whole time hanging out with them around the sea grass didn't even go to the main dive area as there was so many turtles to swim with,it was great that he let us do that as we were all happy to hang out there and not move on.plenty of snacks and drinks always available, nothing was too much trouble,never felt rushed. They took care of all my equipment,setting it up,disassembling it and even washing it for me. Great guys all round. Thank you so so much

Leland, North Carolina
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Great Choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Even using Tripadvisor it's sometimes hard to figure out with whom I wanted to dive with. Boy did I make the right choice with Prodiver out of Kehei, Maui. I don't know that anyone really wants or enjoys an overly crowded "cattle car" dive boat, but I guess many end up there because they don't know any better. Prodiver is a small, very professional dive company. Paul (Boat Captain) and Matt ( Instructor/Divemaster/ dive guide) were absolutely terrific. By the time we were done with two dives, Molokini Crater and Five Graves, These guys could have become my new "Best Friends". Safety, Knowledgeable, Fun, Interesting, are just a few of the adjectives one could use to describe this Very Professional Outfit. As a tourist destination, I just get the feeling that not everyone is as good as this operation. I also had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with the owner Gary who was very concerned that all was "good"...IT WAS!!! We stayed at Lahaina which was about a 45 minute drive from Kehei so,....to make a 6:00am start, I got up at about 4:15 so I could leave by 5:00 or 5:15, etc, etc, etc. As this was a vacation with my wife who doesn't dive, this was, unfortunately, the only dives I did with them. The balance of my diving was done with a recommended company up in Lahaina. That's another review. In the Kehei/Molokini Crater area, if you like Small, Professional, Safe, Knowledgeable I highly recommend PRODIVER MAUI.

Visited November 2012