“Great breakfast place”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 7, 2019

We went to Kihei Cafe on our fist day of staying in Kihei as it was highly recommended by our friends who had been there.
There was a huge lineup by the it moved quickly. Service was fast and efficient; food tasted great and it was lots of it - so you need to be REALLY hungry in order to clear you plate :)

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (3,291)

Reviewed August 7, 2019

We were sent here by a couple of different people and decided to check it out. The lines can be long, but they move quick and you get your food fast too. It is very yummy. We ended up coming here a few times during our stay.

Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

Highly praise and recommend this little cafe located on the main road ( South Kihei Rd ). It’s greatness speaks for itself since each morning you see a long line of patrons seeking great breakfast dishes. At first glance this long lived establishment looks grungy from outside corner with its beat up metal shed and roof. However once your in the vicinity and inside things are well kept and run very efficiently. Quick turnover and service even though there are long lines. Staff are friendly and helpful. I strongly recommend the banana & mac nut French toast along with standard bacon and eggs. I’ve been to Kihei for years but first time checking this establishment out... I’ve been missing out all these years. Will be back definitely!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

The day of our departure, we decided to make a quick brunch route to Kihei on our way to the airport. We spotted Kihei Cafe from its cute & colorful sign & shaded patio outdoor seatings facing to beach walk across the street . With no expectation, I enter the cafe & knowing myself that I was hoping to try Hawaiian local flavor food with gravy & meat. I order the special omelet! I was shocked to see the serving size of the thick multi-tier omelet! After the first bite, my daughter saw a big smile on my face... it was very delicious!! My daughter had its burger! It was a super burger, fresh & tasty, with fresh cut Maui Pineapple topping, the burger bun was grilled & and delicious too. We were so happy to have a such wonderful brunch & left us a perfect ending to our family trip in Maui!

Reviewed August 4, 2019 via mobile

A local recommended this place as the top place in Kihei and Wailea for a casual breakfast. They were right.

You order at the counter and they deliver the food to you. Very limited indoor seating and a good amount of casual outdoor seating under umbrella.

The food isn’t fancy, with standard breakfast fare, but they do have latte’s, coconut pancakes and gigantic cinnamon rolls.

The staff is friendly and accommodating.

If you don’t want to pay the outrageous Wailea hotel prices for breakfast, try this joint .... and it is a joint.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank Joseph M

Been to Kihei Caffe? Share your experiences!