“Excellent Open Water Course”
Review of B&B Scuba

B&B Scuba
Reviewed January 30, 2011

B&B Scuba was excellent in accommodating me and 2 others for our Open Water while on our vacation in Maui. The Staff couldn't have been better. Everyone had great personalities and were very enthusiastic and helpful. We enjoyed our Open Water Course so much we went on a couple more shore dives as well as a night dive. Once again they were awesome.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"experienced divers"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed January 26, 2011

We had a nice boat ride to the crater. Toilet didn't work which wasn't so nice. Sea life in the crater wasn't very interesting. Hardly any coral formations. One wonders what the fish do in this bleak area. Saw way better coral formations from the beach below hotel.
No sharks in our group. On the second dive we were supposed to go to caves at five caves. Didn't and missed out on the sharks 60 minutes of looping under the boat isn't much fun.
Had a nice chat with someone from the state. They mentioned that in another five years things will be even worse. People just look at the coral and keep your fins from washing over the coral. Thus goes to the dive master who guide people.

1  Thank climbbkr
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Amazing diving experience! Also very child friendly. My 10 year old was certified through B&B and he is excited to be diving with me. Dive instructor James (AKA Owen Wilson) was awesome and very patient to make sure my son mastered all his skills to pass certification.

We enjoyed our dives so much, we kept going for more! 3 dives and counting.

Thanks Brad and Blesie!

Reviewed January 22, 2011

I don't know why this company has a good review online. I usually don't bother to write a review but I feel it is necessary to warn my fellow divers. First - they are not friendly at all. I've been diving for many years and this is definitely my worst by far. Second - I have a few friends that were supposed to join us on this diving trip to Molokini. They were running less than 5 mins late (its 5:45am) but the boat captain decided not to wait at all and just took off. My friends arrived at the ramp as the boat was about to leave - they were shouting to the boat & boat caption from another company also radio them in but the captain simply chose to ignore them. Later on I've learn that this company has a reputation of leaving people behind (good luck in trying to get your refund or reschedule - it'll never happened, Brad will just transform & be as rude as you could imagine). Seems like everyone local knows about it but it doesn't shows up anywhere online. Do yourself a favor - go with other company even if it means that it cause you a few bucks more. It's definitely not worth the risk - it could end up ruining your entire vacation. After all, how often you get to come to Maui? These guys should be more considerate!!

6  Thank hafizoc
burnout33, Owner at B&B Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2011

It is unfortunate that this party was 1/2 hour late and missed the boat. I received a call at 6:16 am from this couple saying they were at the ramp but the boat left. Our check-in time is 5:45 am and after waiting we had to leave in fairness to the other customers who did show up on time. I asked them what happened and they stated they had to go home to find their passport. I did try to contact the boat , but to no avail. I also asked how long they were on Maui as I could put them on for Monday, ( we were not running on Sunday), but that did not work for them. We make sure all customers know where to meet and what time. To say we are a terrible Business because they are not responsible for their own actions baffles me. Also neither one was on the boat so I do not know who their friend was. I also got a call from another operator who leaves later and he said he saw what time they were in the parking lot and he noticed the time and it was not our fault, they were very late. How can you grade a Business you never even used !