“DO IT With ... B&B Scuba Dive Maui”
Review of B&B Scuba

B&B Scuba
Reviewed March 24, 2009

There are no buts about it... B&B Scuba provided excellent customer service with knowledgeable divers and crew. My instructor was patient and gave excellent instructions on how to do a task and what he expected. I completed 5 more dives with them after certification and each time I found them to be attentive not only to me but to the other diver's needs and safety as well and they were also knowledgeable about Maui sea life. This isn't just a job to these guys ... diving is their way of life.
5:45 am is early but it was great to be out at the dive sites before the other boats and back to shore in lots of time for site seeing or sun tanning.
Thank you Captain Bill for your recommendation about using bonine!
Thank you Blessi for your excellent and plentiful sandwiches, fruit and cookies, I actually got to enjoy them once I got over the sea sickness :)
Thank you Dave for bringing me back to boat line!
Thank you Stan & Dave for your instructions & encouragement. And finally but not least ... a thank you to Brad for giving a new diver that extra bit of attention and encouragement. It was great to dive with you and I learned a lot following you.
Thanks for the CD of pics too!
Would I recommend B&B Scuba? Heck Yeah!

1  Thank ladyjoanne
in 22 reviews
"boat ramp"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed March 17, 2009

When traveling to Maui I always contact Brad or Blessi to make sure I'll have room on their dive boat. Their first concern is the safety of everyone on board. Their next is that they give it their all in bringing to all the best dive experience to be found at that particular dive site. David, Stan, Brad and Blessi know how to find the most interesting of sea life and topography to help bring to you that best adventure and always have gone out of their way to help me always be part of that adventure. I own a business that lives or dies off of either getting repeat business or not. I never go to Maui without making sure that B&B is part of that trip. Skipper Bill always has a little history or myths that he shares, which helps me understand Hawaii that much more. I always look forward to my next trip to Maui and my next dive experience with B&B.

Reviewed March 13, 2009

I have only dove with five different companies, all in different locations, but B&B was the best by far. We went in April of 2006. We just got back from a trip to Costa Rica and the dive company there reminded me of how great B&B really was.

We dove two back to back days with B&B. The first day was my first "real" open water dive so I was very anxious. Brad was the dive master and knew of my anxiety. He really went beyond making me feel comfortable and even offered to hold my hand during the first dive. :-) Also, he even cleaned off my sunglasses after caretaking them during our second dive. I think that is a good example of how they go above and beyond.

I am still waiting for a dive company to come close to matching how spectacular B&B was. Maybe it is a disadvantage to me that B&B was my first real dive experience, as every dive from now on is a direct comparison to B&B, with no one yet coming close.

Also, the cookies were delcious as well as the sandwiches. The bread they used was amazing!!! The food was a great ending to an awesome dive!

Reviewed January 19, 2009

The negative reviews of B&B do not reflect my experience, the positive ones do. Brad appears gruff but in fact, is anything but. I did my certification with them after doing the online PADI course, and found the instruction excellent. They all cared about the dive experience and were very safety conscious. They were very much better overall than other companies I have dived with - and gave me a very competitive price on the equipment I bought.

First dove with them on an introductory dive in 1996, and again in 2008.

I was very impressed both times with the care and attention they gave new divers and those who experienced apprehension about diving.

Looking forward to diving with them again in 09.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 4, 2008

I took 5 dive trips with B&B in late Feb to early March 2008.

They meet the divers at the dock at 5:45AM and are on their way to Molokini while the other outfits are still gathering in the parking lot. I appreciate the no-nonsense diving without long pre-dive explanations of what we might see. Also, they collected input from the divers as to where they would like to go.

There were a couple of drawbacks. The boat is very crowded when they fill their limit of 12 divers. Three divers share each of the four 3 foot bench seats and the crew stands. Also, they had student divers on every trip. There were circumstances where the currents called for a drift dive, but having students dictated a swim back to the boat, which shortened the dive. Brad (one of the B's in B&B) has a feud going with Scuba Shack that he readily explains to all on the boat.

Still, they get to the dive sites first and don't add a bunch of ceremony to the diving. Blesi (the other B in B&B) is a great dive leader.

Being in the water so early can make light a problem in taking underwater photos, even with double strobes.

One thing I really like is that they're back in the dock by 10AM so we still had the whole day ahead of us to do other things.