“Worst scuba dive operator ever”
Review of B&B Scuba

B&B Scuba
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Worst scuba dive operator ever”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have dived more than 60 times in 8 different countries and I really don't understand how B&B Scuba can have such a nice review on tripadvisor.

They were extremely disrespectful with underwater creatures, by touching and torturing them. During our dives, we found an octopus and one of the guides started touching, pressing and fighting with it. The octopus tried to scape, releasing the black ink many times. This attitude clearly disturbed the animal in its habitat and was a terrible example of how to conserve our marine life. I had never ever seen anything like that before.

Besides this horrendous fact,
1. Their gear were very poor, my tank was leaking a lot, my mask would never fit in my face and they didn't have any other to replace
2. They were extremely rude with the clients, creating a very uncomfortable environment

Visited October 2013
8 Thank Joice_To
BVarney, Manager at B&B Scuba, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
The Octopus issue has been addressed but I would like to add that our gear is new, there is always extra tanks, BC's, Regulators, wetsuits, and over 50 different masks including Optical ones on the boat for customer use at no charge. We also have more crew onboard then any other boat to make sure all skill levels have a good, safe time.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome ”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

The crater dive has be the highlight of our trip so far. The crew was spectacular. Cant wait to do it again in a few days. Thanks for the homemade snacks

Creswell, Oregon
“Amazing”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

we went out today with Dan, Dave, and Stan. had a great time and the crew was very friendly helpful and knowledgeable. we were luck enough to see a reef shark and my first sea turtle. we are planning on going out again with them before we leave the island.

Lee's Summit, Missouri
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Great Dive w/ B&B Scuba”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Had great dives with Brad and his crew at Molokini and Wailea. The boat leaves early, but it's well worth it. First boat at the crater and back on shore by 9:30 a.m. Brad's boat is awesome... and fast. Equipment is top notch - seemed brand new. Sandwiches and cookies on board were delicious. The dives were great. Highly recommend!

Winnemucca, Nevada, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!!!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We did 10 dives this trip with B&B Scuba and all can say is wow!!! Every day brought us new dive sights and new adventures. My wife loves underwater photography, and diving with B&B is a photographers dream. The guides are immensely knowledgeable in the many dive sights of maui and find ocean life for you to see that you could never find on your own. The guides Eric and Dave never failed to find us rare creatures. In one of our dives we saw spotted eel rays, octopus, turtles, cow fish and eels and to top it off captain Billy found us a pod of dolphins...You won't get that with any other dive shop..The experience on the boat is second to none, if you add the years diving of the crew all other dive shops fall way short..The service on the boat is exceptional, the crew refreshes your training of the gear without making you feel embarrassed and they train you in ways that help you not to forget the safety protocols. I always feel safe with the crew and know my gear is ready to go. The crew puts on and takes off all the gear....as the captains would say all we have to do is jump off the boat!!!Since diving with this crew my air times have gone up 15 minutes. The best part of B&B is that while your on that boat you are family..I dove with people from germany,china,japan,spain and the USA this trip and one thing that we all had in common was that B&B treated us as family!!!Thank you B&B for being the safest and friendliest crew in MAUI.....The Greinsteins.......lifetime B&B divers