“Early Morning Start is Well Worth It!”
Review of B&B Scuba

B&B Scuba
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We did an early morning dive on Maui (and we do mean early – meeting time 5:45 a.m.) with B&B Scuba. This told us right off that these were people who were serious about diving! They depart around 6 a.m. to be the first divers in the waters around Molokini Island and this was actually fine with us. Later in the day we could see the small flotilla of boats in and around the half-crater. This is a very professional operation and they provided a dive master for every four divers. Our guy was Eric and he was excellent. He had this thing about sea shells and was always pointing out unusual ones to us. Our initial site was supposed to be a pinnacle but they decided that the current was too strong so we went with plan B. Nevertheless, the sites we dove were both covered with plentiful and really pretty hard coral. There were lots of fish but we always seem to see more in the Caribbean. Visibility was really good.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We just got back from Hawaii and another wonderful dive trip with B&B SCUBA. We dove seven days and had seven days of excellent diving. Although you never know for sure what you will see or encounter underwater - with B&B you can always be sure that the diving experience itself is fabulous. I love the way they take care of us; they set up our tanks and gear, bring it all to us, do a final safety check and make sure we are ready for the best possible dive experience. The Dive Masters have this zen-way of finding the coolest stuff underwater and they are always keeping tabs on us. I feel completely safe and secure with this dive company and we will continue to dive with them on future trips to Hawaii. Love you guys! Thanks for making our vacation the very best, see you soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This year is the first we have experienced scuba diving with B&B Scuba in Kihei. Truthfully, we would follow Captain Dan just about anywhere -- and this is his new gig. We have completed 2 of our 3 planned dives. Both were exceptional. At 6 a.m. the ocean is smooth and the fast boat ride to Molokini Crater is delightful. I must admit I LOVE being the first boat out as we have the pick of the sites. That means, my husband & I have now done dives at 2 new sites! Just Awesome! The crew is wonderful! They are organized, friendly, encouraging, and watching them work their way around the boat helping the divers is like watching a choreograph dance routine. It's smooth, seamless, and efficient. Thank you to Dave, Eric & Stan -- we love you!

Captain Dan provided an opportunity for a really cool drift dive at Reef's End followed by a great experience in Tako Flats (Molokini Crater).

Captain Bill gave us a great dive at Molokini Crater (Sunday) followed by a drift dive at Red Hill. We saw an spotted eagle ray, a manta ray, and many turtles.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I just sent them an email. Copy follows:

Brad,

Lynda and I want to thank you for the fine dive vacation we had on your boat. Day one Bill was our dive master and on the second dive we saw a Manta Ray feed! He actually came back three times during the dive. I posted a video of it on your facebook page. As you probably know the facebook quality is poor so if you want me to send you the video I would be happy to.

Day 2, 3 and 4 Dave was our dive master as Bill was Captain. We enjoyed our time with Dave too. Very attentive and did an excellent job of pointing out things we should see. Both also have a great sense of humor.

We have 200 dives in our logbook. All were in Cozumel, BVI, USVI and Belize until this trip to Maui. I want you to know your team did a wonderful job in all respects. Whoever took my phone reservation was very helpful and informative. My wife has a bad back and I was worried she would get the help she needed getting into and out of the water. She put me at ease.

Then your team on the boat. Besides Dave and Bill, Eric and Stan were there every day. They all were very helpful in setting up gear, helping us get suited up and getting in and out of the boat.

Brad, I could go on and on but I won’t. Good Job! Well done!

Sincere thanks and warmest regards,

R & L

PS to tripadvisor readers: Coffee on the boat when you get there. Furit and cookies after the first dive and a sandwich after the second. All very high quality. Great hosts!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I love to scuba dive. We've been to some awesome dive sites in the past, including Cozumel, Bimini Island and other locales in the Bahamas, Flower Gardens in the Gulf of Mexico, and several other spots. By far, the VERY BEST accommodations that we've EVER experienced were with B&B Scuba in Maui. B&B's new boat (Christina II) is absolutely beautiful, and the Captain (Dan) and Dive Masters (especially Stan) were incredible. If you are looking for great dives with a fun crew, you simply cannot beat B&B Scuba. Book early and often with these guys, because after your first dive with them, you will see why they stay "booked up" with reservations..

1  Thank Thomas A