“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Worldmark Kihei

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kihei
Worldmark Kihei
Ranked #10 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
GreenLeadersSilver level
Victoria, Canada
“Nice”
Reviewed December 16, 2009

Our friends own a Worldmark timeshare and invited us to Maui to stay with them. I'm just going to say a couple quick things. The room was very clean and quite nice. It adequately met our needs in terms of room, amenities and cleanliness. The room was equipped with everything you could possible need or want on a holiday. We had full kitchen supplies (including spices). There were 4 of us in a one bedroom place with a murphy bed....I would not suggest anybody do this as we felt a bit uncomfortable not having our our own space to get away from everything, but it would be a good thing for someone with a kid or possibly two (if they were young and don't mind sharing a bed). The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The information session you attend on your first day was very helpful and we booked one of our tours through there. The pool is small but clean and adequate. There is a hot tub and a smaller pool as well. There is also a massage kiosk right by the pool which was nice. The beach right across the street was very nice as was having the ABC store so conveniently located (in case you needed to pick any necessities up like milk or wine or something!) Overall I would recommend the Worldmark as a nice place to stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CndnCyndi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Great private resort. Nice people. Nice pool. We have been Workmark owners for about 5 years. This is typical Worldmark ammeneties. I would stay here again.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jschliep
San Diego
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We stayed at the Worldmark in Kihei for a week in Aug. The room was clean, and well furnished. Nice large unit. If you are looking for a condo on the beach, keep looking. We had a view of the parking lot because we were in building 8. Avoid building 8! Very skimpy view of the ocean. Get a top floor unit if possible because overgrown trees block the view. It's about a 5 minute walk to the beach from where we were. A plus is that Worldmark offers discounts on several activities. Check with their front desk. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank cmksandiego
Oregon
Reviewed August 9, 2009

I stayed here with 5 other friends for a week and on the first day we realized our condo was infested with tiny little ants. Not just a few, but EVERYWHERE!! They were on every counter, crawling up walls, in the shower. That was the first complaint. Our second was that whenever we phoned the front desk for more toilet paper or laundry soap, it was NEVER brought to us as promised. The shower pressure was minimal at best, which made it hard to rinse sand off your skin. Then, the AC seemed to have a mind of its own and work only intermittentely. Not cool in August weather. Our ice maker wasn't working upon check-in and we had to call and have someone come in to fix it. Lastly, one day while we were doing laundry, the laundry door simply popped off its track. We honestly were NOT jerking on it or anything. It simply came off.
Overall, it was an OK place to stay for the price and it's right across the street from the beach, but the bugs and lack of front desk promptness has thwarted some of us from considering staying here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
5 Thank emsbeauty2
Fort Collins, CO
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We are Worldmark owners. We found this resort to be very nice and clean. The location isnt great, but very good. Across the street from the beach with many great beaches in the area. Great value.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank cowags
San Jose, California
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I'm a Worldmark owner, so I expect things to be very adequate, but the Worldmark Kehei really delivers! Great staff, on-site massage at poolside (both my fiance and I took advantage of it), nice unit, and the best beach on Maui across the street. The swimming was great and it's a very easy walk. We came back a couple times and went for a dip in the pool at the resort on the way back to our unit. Ah, this is the life. The ABC store across the street is very convenient.
I've stayed at the Maui Prince (wow...) and Kahana Falls, but the Worldmark is great for middle of the road accomodations when you really want to be out and about, and is very centrally located for a wide range of activities. Our snorkle cruise to Molokini picked us up at the Worldmark. I think this this one is one of the best Worldmarks, and I've stayed at about a dozen of them. I might mention that there is little to no view (our lanai faced parking and the resort next door), but if I was going for the view, I'd stay elsewhere. I did find the air conditioners were set way too COLD and kept having to turn them off to thaw out. Staff was helpful and friendly. They booked reservations for Warren and Annabelle's magic dinner show for us (fantastic!). It's a fairly quiet area of Kehei, but to us, that's an advantage!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jilara
Anaheim, California
Reviewed January 22, 2009

Hello everyone! I wanted to give some details about our recent trip to Maui and our stay at the WorldMark Wyndham Resort in Kihei.

This was now our 3rd visit to the island for my wife and I, and you can never go wrong with Maui...or for that matter Kihei. This resort has always been perfect for us, as it is right across the street from the beach and has plenty of eatery options right there in town.

The unit:
The units are always great. We stayed in a two bedroom, even though we didn't need the 2nd bedroom. The room is wonderfully equipped in the kitchen, and makes it easy to stay in if you want. Plenty of channel selections on cable, and the King size bed is very comfortable. The only thing we did not like about the room as it was a ground level unit. We love to have the blinds open enjoying the view, but we had to be extremely careful not to get too close to the windows in a state of undress, if you know what I mean! We are after all a young couple in our twenties on a romantic trip, so I hope no one got their jollies at our expense!!

The resort:
If you are expecting some high class huge resort, go stay up in Ka'anapali at one of the mega resorts. This is more a quiet place with a modest, but very nice pool and spa. To us, the greatest part of the resort is it's location. We just love Kihei!

Maui:
If you have never been to Maui, you will love it!! It is a paradise with multiple things to do. If you want to relax on a sandy beach with gorgeous views, you can do that. If you want to hike through bamboo forests to waterfalls, you can do that. If you want to sightsee, you can do that...heck you can even bike down the volcano, always a good call!

I hope this review was helpful...please contact me if you have any further questions and I might be able to drum up some pics as well!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank yngtravelincpl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Maui Coast Hotel
Kamaole Sands
Kamaole Sands
#13 of 62 in Kihei
Aston at the Maui Banyan

Been to Worldmark Kihei? Share your experiences!