Worldmark Kihei
$409
$290
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsabc storefood truckmurphy bedacross the streetactivity roompool was heatedworld markparking lotthe kitchenbedroom unitlarge hot tubbring earplugsocean viewmaster bathnice poolwasher and dryerthree bedroom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed at this Worldmark Condo for 7 days and really enjoyed it. Having said that there were a few small glitches, the first being that the diswasher leaked all over the kitchen counter every time we ran it, which was only twice and second our unit's fire alarm went off one morning at 4 am. It is certainly not a 5 star resort but has absolutely everything you would need. We found the locale perfect. The beach across the street was wonderful and the food truck always parked in front has amazing food and a wonderful lady running it. The staff of worldmark were helpful and attentive, giving us extra towels, coffee filters, anything we asked for. Also we found the bed to be very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fiveakids
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I just got back from my parents 30th Wedding celebration at this location, and they pulled it off flawlessly.

Our room (8410) had a pretty decent view of the Ocean. The unit was very spacious and most everything was of good quality. We especially enjoyed sipping cocktails out on the hella luxurious back balcony. Comfortable beds, very effective (although kind of loud) AC and fans, and the pool/hot tub area is pretty nice.

The staff were all very professional and were able to take care of what we needed (coffee grinder, bike rental suggestion, etc.)

The location is right across from a relatively unpopulated beach with picnic tables and volleyball court. The beach isn't great for snorkeling or surfing, but is good for just relaxing, swimming, or bringing the kids to. If you don't like this beach, there are about a dozen others within a 30 minute drive, so just drive to another one. We rented bikes one day

This is definitely one of the best WorldMark properties we've stayed at.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank aregenerate
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed here in a 2-BR unit for a week in early August. My sister's family also stayed in a 2-BR unit next to us for 4 nights. We had a blast! Both units were spacious and very comfortable. Kihei is in an ideal centralized location. It's much closer to 2 of the main attractions, the Hana drive and Mount Haleakala, than the Kaanapali side of Maui. I also think this part of the island has nicer beach sand and is much less crowded.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife have been traveling to Worldmark resorts for several years. This was the first time we visited one in Hawaii and I am happy to say we were pleasantly surprised. As with most of the Worldmark timeshare resorts the staff is always friendly and warm. We were greeted with an "aloha" and made to feel welcome. Although our room wasn't quite ready it did give us a chance to make a trip to the grocery store, BTW Don't know how people live on this island with the prices they pay for food!!!

The room itself is what we've come to expect from Worldmark, quaint, comfortable, and adequate. Not out of this world but good enough for my wife and our 19-month old i.e. kitchen, living room, small patio, roomy bathroom, closet space, wash-dryer and 2 flat screen TV's.

This resort is very family friendly. The pool area is spacious and thankfully the week we were there, very few people and plenty of space for us to swim and lounge. One thing we would have liked, a bar or restaurant where we could get some "adult" drinks, but I guess that goes with the family atmosphere that is worldmark. The beach is located just across the street and the down the road there are places of places to eat, rent water sports, and hang out.

One thing I did do is get talked into going to the owner's education talk, which consisted of me sitting there for an hour while the salesman went on and on and on about how great his timeshares are. Well, we did get a 2 for 1 Luau out of it so we saved about $100 so I guess it was worth it.

I would definitely return to this resort. Downside is that a 13 month window is needed to make a reservation because of the high demand. Still, great place for the family with plenty of activities and adventures to embark on.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Oconaf
Reviewed June 10, 2013

WorldMark is always consistent and this location is no exception. Although WorldMark is not 5 star, I can always count on any WorldMark to be clean, comfortable and always has the supplies I expect.

This particular resort is well designed to make the most of a tight location. With a long narrow property stretching from the beach up the hill, the building ad placement was very thoughtful to get the most out of the property.

The lobby, pool and concierge area are in the middle of the property with lodging above and below. on this trip our suite was located in the second building from the beach. There was no view, but that was actually a blessing as our deck was very private and quiet. It looked onto the back garden which was rarely used by anyone. Rather than being disappointed with no view we actually found it very nice and relaxing to sit on our quiet, private deck.

A few tips:

Internet: I like to stay connected so Internet access is important for me. Although WorldMArk charges extra for internet access, WorldMark has a great deal. I pay $49.95 a year for unlimited Internet in my room. As I actually stay at a WorldMark about 4 - 6 months a year, this is the best value. For short term it is about $14.95 for two weeks. For WorldMark points owners, who do a lot of travel, the one year Internet plan is fantastic.

Car Rental: Generally I would rather drive with my own car to anywhere I travel, but when it is off the continent of North America there is no choice, you need to rent a car. There is one company that only serves Hawaii and they are simply the best They are Discount Hawaii Car Rental. Their rates are by far the best, when booking you don't need a credit card to reserve a car, and their service is better than any car rental company I have ever used. They book a rental with one of the major car rental companies and manage the booking for you. They even will find you a better rate after your first booking and change it for free. Since almost everyone who visits this resort will need a car, this is a must try company.

Mobile Phone: Like I said, I like to stay connected. Being a Canadian traveling anywhere including the US was a roaming nightmare. Roaming fees were killing me, then I found a fantastic solution. When ever I go to the US or to Britain I buy a Travel SIM from Travelers Mobile. Their rates are better than buying a local SIM in the US (As they take Canadian funds) They ship the SIM free to my home before I leave. The calling plans are so flexible I can choose what fits my trip. Not being trapped with roaming with my Canadian cell phone company is a dream come true. I am so thankful I found this company, makes travel so much better. Any non US visitor to Hawaii will feel much better with a local SIM.

Activities: You will not need to search and book your activities before you arrive, this resort has a full service and well equipped concierge service. On our second day we attended a 2 hour presentation of all the activities we could book from the resort. Sure it was a sales pitch but it was great because we could ask questions about the activities before we booked, and there were some prizes so we ended up with some discounts on things we were going to do anyway. There is lots to do in Maui, to fit anyone's tastes. For us the best activities were the helicopter tour and the catamaran excursion to swim with turtles. On the way to the bay where the turtles were we saw a pod of whales, so it turned into a whale watching tour as well. The surfing lessons were dampened by rain, but unlike everyone else who booked, we soldered on and surfed in the rain.

Groceries: One of my favorite things about WorldMark is the full and stocked kitchen. I love to cook, and don't really like restaurant food much, so having a kitchen is a must. There is a small tourist store just across the street from the resort where you can get last minute supplies, but the prices are tourist trap prices. There is a Safeway in Kihei about a 5 minute drive from the resort. Also there is a Costco way back by the airport. If you intend to load up at Costco best to load up on the way from the airport to the resort. Once in Kihei there is not much reason to go back to the airport, except for the helicopter tour.

The pool area is usually busy and is well maintained and clean. There is always something to do at the concierge area, some organized crafts or just a board game.

The real reason anyone goes to Hawaii is the beach. This resort is across the street from the beach, and it is a public beach. IT is quite nice and snorkeling is actually quite good at this beach. There are rocks at either end of the beach where the snorkeling is more interesting. There is not much in the way of surf at this beach, so swimming and snorkeling is easy.

Overall a great resort, great location and just all round good time.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family