“A dream resort” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Worldmark Kihei

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kihei
Worldmark Kihei
Ranked #11 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver
“A dream resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

WorldMark is always consistent and this location is no exception. Although WorldMark is not 5 star, I can always count on any WorldMark to be clean, comfortable and always has the supplies I expect.

This particular resort is well designed to make the most of a tight location. With a long narrow property stretching from the beach up the hill, the building ad placement was very thoughtful to get the most out of the property.

The lobby, pool and concierge area are in the middle of the property with lodging above and below. on this trip our suite was located in the second building from the beach. There was no view, but that was actually a blessing as our deck was very private and quiet. It looked onto the back garden which was rarely used by anyone. Rather than being disappointed with no view we actually found it very nice and relaxing to sit on our quiet, private deck.

A few tips:

Internet: I like to stay connected so Internet access is important for me. Although WorldMArk charges extra for internet access, WorldMark has a great deal. I pay $49.95 a year for unlimited Internet in my room. As I actually stay at a WorldMark about 4 - 6 months a year, this is the best value. For short term it is about $14.95 for two weeks. For WorldMark points owners, who do a lot of travel, the one year Internet plan is fantastic.

Car Rental: Generally I would rather drive with my own car to anywhere I travel, but when it is off the continent of North America there is no choice, you need to rent a car. There is one company that only serves Hawaii and they are simply the best They are Discount Hawaii Car Rental. Their rates are by far the best, when booking you don't need a credit card to reserve a car, and their service is better than any car rental company I have ever used. They book a rental with one of the major car rental companies and manage the booking for you. They even will find you a better rate after your first booking and change it for free. Since almost everyone who visits this resort will need a car, this is a must try company.

Mobile Phone: Like I said, I like to stay connected. Being a Canadian traveling anywhere including the US was a roaming nightmare. Roaming fees were killing me, then I found a fantastic solution. When ever I go to the US or to Britain I buy a Travel SIM from Travelers Mobile. Their rates are better than buying a local SIM in the US (As they take Canadian funds) They ship the SIM free to my home before I leave. The calling plans are so flexible I can choose what fits my trip. Not being trapped with roaming with my Canadian cell phone company is a dream come true. I am so thankful I found this company, makes travel so much better. Any non US visitor to Hawaii will feel much better with a local SIM.

Activities: You will not need to search and book your activities before you arrive, this resort has a full service and well equipped concierge service. On our second day we attended a 2 hour presentation of all the activities we could book from the resort. Sure it was a sales pitch but it was great because we could ask questions about the activities before we booked, and there were some prizes so we ended up with some discounts on things we were going to do anyway. There is lots to do in Maui, to fit anyone's tastes. For us the best activities were the helicopter tour and the catamaran excursion to swim with turtles. On the way to the bay where the turtles were we saw a pod of whales, so it turned into a whale watching tour as well. The surfing lessons were dampened by rain, but unlike everyone else who booked, we soldered on and surfed in the rain.

Groceries: One of my favorite things about WorldMark is the full and stocked kitchen. I love to cook, and don't really like restaurant food much, so having a kitchen is a must. There is a small tourist store just across the street from the resort where you can get last minute supplies, but the prices are tourist trap prices. There is a Safeway in Kihei about a 5 minute drive from the resort. Also there is a Costco way back by the airport. If you intend to load up at Costco best to load up on the way from the airport to the resort. Once in Kihei there is not much reason to go back to the airport, except for the helicopter tour.

The pool area is usually busy and is well maintained and clean. There is always something to do at the concierge area, some organized crafts or just a board game.

The real reason anyone goes to Hawaii is the beach. This resort is across the street from the beach, and it is a public beach. IT is quite nice and snorkeling is actually quite good at this beach. There are rocks at either end of the beach where the snorkeling is more interesting. There is not much in the way of surf at this beach, so swimming and snorkeling is easy.

Overall a great resort, great location and just all round good time.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank GeoffS89

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We traveled with extended family. There were 14 of us. We had a great time. The complex is big, but the pool is central and large. It is heated and refreshing after a long day at the beach. There is adult only time, which is great.

Its not on the beach, but is only a 2 minute walk.

Very clean and well cared for property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 3monkeysforme
Riverside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed 5 days in Maui. I booked a studio for my husband and myself. We were on the second level on bldg #5. There was a little ocean view from the balcony. The room was good enough for the two of us. We had a murphy's bed, nice flat screen TV, a full size kitchen with two electric stove burners and a full size fridge, washer and dryer inside the unit and a tub in the shower.
The staff was nice and friendly. The local expedia reps were very helpful on booking our helicopter ride and got us a great price with a 5% discount for being a Worldmark owner. The unit and the surroundings were very clean. Located right across Kihei beach and several food establishments. The lunch truck that was parked outside everyday along Alanui Ke Alii Dr sell a very good coconut fried shrimp and other hawaiian plates if you don't feel like going out to eat. We had a great stay at Worldmark. The noise from the cars outside didn't bother us, we just kept our sliding door closed at night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mhyrriam1
Buford, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

For a non-ocean view, our unit had quite the view. We were in building 1 which was directly across Kihei Rd. from Kameole 1 beach. Location was great! I thought the noise from the road might be loud, but it wasn't bad---but we did keep our windows closed at night and ran the a/c. It was nice having a/c in both bedrooms and the livingroom, even in Feb. The kitchen was rather small, but well configured. The master bedroom was large. The master bath had a walk in shower, but no tub. The twin bedroom was on the opposite end of the condo. There was also a murphy bed between the entryway and the diningroom table. The pool was heated and had a large jacuzzi as well as a baby pool. There was even a massage area by the pool and a large open air activity room. They had scheduled activities, but we didn't participate in any of them (hula dancing, soap making, lei making, bar b q, ... ). We loved everything about the place and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The units nearer Kihei road are on flatter ground.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank slabeaume
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom, one bath unit on the bottom floor. The unit was spacious for two people.. Having only one bath, would have seemed crowded for four. Washer and dryer in our unit also.
Pool area and grounds were well maintained. As for unit views of the ocean, most units have a parking lot view. Only a select few have ocean view. You would have to be ,lucky enough to get this.
The location of this resort is in a desirable area. Close to Kameole Beach one. Within walking distance.
Overall we were pleased. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mauimar
Kihei
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is our second visit here in the last two years. We stayed in a two bedroom condo on the bottom floor close to the pool. We love the huge space for our two kids and us. The master bedroom with the king bed and tv and full ensuite bathroom is perfect. The kitchen was really well equipped including a blender for smoothies and utensils for the outdoor Bbqs. The Bbqs have all that you need and surround picnic tables in a lush garden type area. We had fans and air conditioning and a small balcony. We are so close to the beach and we were delighted with the small waves and sandy beach, a play heaven for my kids, 8&10. Internet does cost money but it is about 16$ for 10 days so not bad..up to 2 devices per payment. DVD player in suite, available and some movies to rent on site at 3$ a day. A second big tv in living room.
Washer, dryer, dishwasher and soaps needed included. The pool is great with unlimited nice warm towels available poolside. Hours 8 am-10 pm. First hr only for adults. The Worldmark BBQ for 5$ each was very good and worthwhile. All in all, we love it here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Lisa T
Corral de Tierra, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

The five stars doesn't mean this is a five star resort. I give five-stars to the overall experience.
First, our check-in was efficient and uber friendly. Having stayed at the Indio, CA property, I have to say I love having more than one pool to choose from, plus the lazy river is a luxury. It's not here. In fact, the pool is rather small for the size of the resort. However, I'm in Maui to enjoy the ocean, so we never used the pool. We did use the jacuzzi, which is spacious and invites interesting conversations with fellow vacationers.
We scored on the room. Not that it has a view of the ocean-- well, it has a "realtor's view of the ocean. We could stand on our tiptoes, lean over our balcony and there was a snippet of blue water. We were in building 4, just behind the pool area. We had free live music, from the hotel next door, if we left our sliding door open. Fortunately the music quit at 9pm.
Our room was on the second floor, right across from the elevator. Fortunately, it was rarely used, so quiet prevailed. I try to remember that Worldmark attracts a lot of kids, so the pitter-patter of tiny feet racing up and down the hall (and sometimes above our heads) is something I can't allow to ruin our couple's vacation.
The room was clean and it appears they've done some upgrading. Flat screen TVs, yes! The A/C was great, loved the remote control for our bedroom ceiling fan and/or A/C. The blinds in the bedroom kept any kind of light from coming in, so we slept very well. The bed was comfy, too.
What really stood out, and why the five stars, was our service. Everyone we met had the Aloha Spirit. We went to their Expedia tour desk (located by the pool) and I was skeptical about being oversold on overpriced tours. First, the presentation was interesting and no hard pressure sales. We ended up buying four tours, and all of them were perfect.
When it was time to order fresh linens, I called housekeeping. With the cheeriest of voices, she happily filled our order for linens, laundry soap and TP.
Location, location, location. All we had to do was walk outside, hang a right and cross the street and there is the ocean. Doesn't get any better than that.
We rarely travel to the same place, twice. But I want to come back here. We didn't experience any major problems with smokers. One night, we smelled smoke, and we closed our sliding glass door. I do agree, though, that either they should have a smoker's building or simply disallow any smoking on balconies.

Room Tip: Ask for the building behind the pool. We were in 4212.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Debby F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Maui Coast Hotel
Kamaole Sands
Kamaole Sands
#14 of 62 in Kihei
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Worldmark Kihei? Share your experiences!