- Great location centralized in Kihei. Literally across the street from the beach.
- Staff was friendly and there were no issues upon check-in.
III. Room (2-bedroom, 2-bath)
- Spacious, clean (no bedbugs as I always perform a thorough check up) - although I would say you need to wear slippers or footwear as the floor is dirty, but that's every hotel I've ever been to.
- We did have an issue with the draining in the tub. They sent out a service guy to try and fix it, but I think it's an internal clog somewhere within the pipes and only a big fix would do the job. This was the only negative on our stay.
- Full kitchen as with most Worldmark rooms/properties. Kitchens are obviously fully stocked. This came in handy as in Maui it's expensive as hell!
- Beds were comfortable.
- No issues with the air conditioning units in the master, living or second bedroom.
- Washer and dryer were oversized not like the typical Worldmark stacked washer/dryers. We used them frequently.
- No issues so this rated excellent.
- They offered lei making, hula dancing lessons on one of the days and they even had a barbeque.
- They have an extensive DVD collection of up to date releases for the nights you need to keep the little ones occupied and/or a night in.
- Great! Not that you need a heated pool, but it's nice. A large jacuzzi and a kids pool as well. We had a bunch of friends staying at the Maui Coast next door and every single one of them loved this pool better than theirs.
- Some people will say why go in the pool when you're across the street from the beach? Simple. Kids. The current is strong and they had an unusual hit of Portuguese man o' war on the south end beaches. These are smaller cousins of the jelly fish. They float on the surface and are typically blue and look like squared bubbles. Don't touch them. A friend's kid got stung by one. Not too bad, but inconvenient.
VII. Extra Info
- No wireless internet.
- The area restaurants are expensive. They have coupons located in the lobby for some area restaurants and activities. They help out a bit.
- There's a Safeway and Foodland a few miles away. Stock up on water and other snacks there. There's a Costco next to the airport. Definitely get your gas there as it's 20 - 30 cents cheaper than any other gas station on the island.
- About a half hour drive from the airport in Kahului.
- Also Known As:
- Worldmark Hotel Kihei
- Worldmark Kihei Maui