“An amazing trip with a fantastic guide!!!”

South Pacific Kayaks
Turtle Reef Kayak Tour
$106.45*
Maui South Shore Kayak and Snorkel Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Maui's favorite adventure team. See us for your Maui vacation fun - Kayak & Snorkel tours, Surf & SUP instruction, and rentals. Join us for a great Maui experience - from the gorgeous shore of South Maui to the more remote and adventures west side we have a location near you. Our adventures all are early in the morning taking advantage of the best weather windows, leaving you with a lot of day left over for more fun or chilling by the pool. Kayaking and snorkeling is the best way to see whales, turtles, dolphins, rays, and the multitude of unique and precious sea life. Surf and SUP just cause you can - Maui's a great spot to learn and you'll be the envy of all your friends and co-workers. We are open everyday and are here to make your Maui vacation a special memory of a lifetime.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have taken many snorkeling/kayak trips in Maui and our experience this morning surpassed them all! Our guide Garett was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable about everything from the beautiful fish we were seeing to island history and folklore. He made the trip the awesome experience it was. (The many, many turtles we saw helped a little ;-) We highly recommend this company!!

1  Thank Gina M
There are newer reviews for South Pacific Kayaks

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Aloha!
My husband and I did the kayak/snorkel tour (4 hours) and had a wonderful time. We got lucky and ended up in a group of 4 - my husband and a mother and her son. Our guide (Fitz) was incredible. He knows EVERYTHING about the islands and the sea and truly taught us a lot! I got to hold 2 sea urchins which he brought up from the sea floor :) We saw turtles, a reef shark, and TONS of fish :) The sea was s little rough that day (due to the winds coming out of the north) so we had to cut the tour a little short. But, SPK refunded us a portion of what we paid and we didn't even have to ask! Great company, great time! Do the tour and ask for Fitz to be your guide!!

Mahalo!!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We booked this tour online, which offers a discounted rate, and had a great time. We did the 4.5 mile paddling tour. We only stopped to snorkel once at Black sand beach area, but the water was big and murky that day. My husband and myself went out with another boat (2 people per kayak) and our guide in his own kayak. Our guide was professional, polite, friendly and knowledgeable.

Our guide did a good job of getting us launched and landed, despite the large waves that day. We were provided with beverages along the way, and lunch after with sandwiches, cookies, chips etc.

I had never ocean kayaked before, and did not find it too difficult. I recommend wearing a long sleeve rashguard for the trip, hat, and of course swimwear, and shoes will just get in the way. Unless u have water shoes.

We saw whales pretty far off in the distance, but we hit the end of whale season in Maui, and didn't expect to see too many. It's a good way to see the island, and maybe some turtles. We did see a large Manta Ray, but what you see will depend on the weather, and luck etc. It was a good time, even though we did not see too much along the way. The island of Maui is still a great thing to see!!

We ended up meeting some nice people that day, and it was a great experience.

I would definitely recommend this tour, and can't wait until my kids are old enough to come along. I will definitely be doing this again!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just finished my 4th. Kayak with South Pacific kayaks!
My guide today, Kelly, is awesome. I have also been out with Garret who was wonderful as well.
Both guides were; fun, informative, knowledgable, experienced with ALL TYPES OF KAYAKERS and full of the Aloha Spirit!
Last year I was out with SPK's 3 times, the year before twice and next year.....as many times as I can!
(All I need is frequent paddler points!)
Cathie Sarich

2  Thank Cathie367
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We booked the 4-hour Pali Sea Cliff tour as we wanted to have lots of paddling time as we kayak quite often. However, the winds were not friendly that day, and so when we showed up to meet our tour guide Garrett, he proposed to move to Olowalu Beach to kayak from there. There were just the two of us signed up, so we had our own personal tour with Garrett. He was a great informative guide and I'd recommend him highly. We paddled for miles, sometimes through the wind and rolling waves, saw whales close up (but not too close!), and stopped to snorkle with the turtles. The open kayaks were very stable in the ocean, and easy to snorkle from once Garrett explained how to get out from and back into the kayak. The lunch at the end of the trip was just chips and sandwiches, that could be a little more exciting (how about fresh baked scones?).

3  Thank idhbc