“A fun morning”

Pali Sea Cliff Kayak Discovery
$69.89*
Maui Surf Instruction 101
More attraction details
Owner description: Maui's favorite adventure team. See us for your Maui vacation fun - Kayak & Snorkel tours, Surf & SUP instruction, and rentals. Join us for a great Maui experience - from the gorgeous shore of South Maui to the more remote and adventures west side we have a location near you. Our adventures all are early in the morning taking advantage of the best weather windows, leaving you with a lot of day left over for more fun or chilling by the pool. Kayaking and snorkeling is the best way to see whales, turtles, dolphins, rays, and the multitude of unique and precious sea life. Surf and SUP just cause you can - Maui's a great spot to learn and you'll be the envy of all your friends and co-workers. We are open everyday and are here to make your Maui vacation a special memory of a lifetime.
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We signed up for the South Shore Explorer trip and had a good time overall. Our guide, Chris, made sure we knew how to control the kayak along with getting on and off of it while out in the water. Chris also took us to a couple of good snorkel spots and we got so see a fair number of green sea turtles and other fish.

There were two downsides to the whole experience. The first being that one of the group of individuals attending the outing were over 45 minutes late. Instead of waiting for them I would have rather had gone on without them and they should have been forced to reschedule. I can see 5-10 minutes late but we shouldn't be delayed as much as we were. Another bummer was the fact that two other groups that we went out with got sea sick so Chris had to guide them back to shore, get their gear packed up, and then paddle back out to us. That ended up killing another 30 minutes of time with us just floating out on the ocean waiting for this to be done.

With that being said we still had a great time and I would recommend South Pacific Kayaks to others. Chris was a good tour guide and had some good information to pass along. He also provided water and snacks while out on the water along with sandwiches, water/juices, and snacks after the tour as well.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Again, I wish I could remember our guides name - he did a great job. We kayaked out, jumped out and snorkeled a bit and then jumped back in to paddle to another spot. He was very patient with me as I'm not in great shape and getting back into the kayak took a bit. He had snacks and drinks for us and we needed it! I wouldn't do the early morning trip again - it just wasn't warm enough but will try it again next time for sure! If you don't want a double kayak, make sure you let them know ahead of time.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We went on a whale watching kayak, because you can get really close encounters with whales. I understand that seeing or being near whales depends on if there are whales around, and we didn't see any whales. But that would not have been so bad if we had a guide/instructor who was good. Our guide, Steve, an ex army-sergeant left over from Vietnam, was quite unpleasant. He gave a 5 minute on shore talk on how to kayak, (almost all of us who went on the trip had never kayaked before) got us in the water..gave us no instruction on how to improve our paddle skills (thankfully one of the people on the trip had kayaked before so she gave some pointers), then yelled and yelled at us to PADDLE PADDLE PADDLE. No sense of humor, no people skills and kind of a jerk. wouldn't go with these guys again.

1  Thank blahblahblah12345
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We booked a tour. Could NOT have been worse. The guide let everyone spread out so far noone could hear anything, didn't help with snorkeling. And had the gall to ask for a tip ahead of time!!! NOT!!!

2  Thank md3583
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Reserved kayak rental during evening and showed up at 7am as agreed to pick up the rental. Was told that surf was to high for rentals and that only groups would go out. Made a second attempt for the next morning only to go through the same experience again. what upsets me the most is that they didn't call me to cancel the rental or tell me upfront that conditions weren't suitable for renting the evening before the second attempt as conditions didn't change. Go elsewhere for rentals.

3  Thank Oliver123321