WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #3 of 17 Kihei B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Amazing, amazing, amazing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have just returned from our second stay at Hale Huanani in 12 months. Susan and Chuck have made this place a beautiful home away from home, providing everything you need for your stay. The first time we stayed we were in the Ma'ia Studio and this time the Cottage. They are both great, the cottage a little bit more private. The studios have just had the kitchens and bathrooms updated and look fantastic. I love the baked goods for breakfast and fruit from the garden. We will definetly be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but go for the Cottage if you want a little more privacy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rach2411

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

This place was amazing and if you are going to Maui, this is the place to stay. I have special dietary needs and so we like to do a lot of our own cooking. There is a massive gas grill on the property and a beautifully stocked kitchen with granite countertops and stainless steel refrigerator. Susan had suggestions for things to do on the island and provided homemade bread/muffins with assorted fresh fruit for breakfast daily. There was a gallon jug of juice in the refrigerator and a big bowl of fresh macadamia nuts with a cracker outside our door. We had a little trouble with our TV and Chuck was right there taking care of it. The rooms are very well decorated and the tile in the bathroom was amazing. Love the open air jalousy windows (which might be why the. other person could hear everything the neighbors were saying). This had a very Hawaiian feel and it was interesting to see all of the fresh grown fruits on the property. Every conceivable amenity was available: plenty of towels for both home use and beach, beautiful bed linens, beach chairs, snorkel sets, washer and dryer, coolers, even frozen ice packs for inside the coolers, maps and much more. We would go back there just to stay in the B&B. Aloha!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joan R
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Susan and Chuck have set the gold standard for traveler care and hospitality through Hale Huanani. Our 3-night stay at Hale Huanani was exemplary in every way possible. My wife and I were visiting Maui for our honeymoon, and we had a wonderful surprise awaiting us - a bottle of champagne with best wishes from Susan! I wholeheartedly endorse the reviews by Sunset_Sailor and Genmin - they have fully and accurately captured every detail of the stay. From the furnishings, to the hospitality and the breakfast - everything about this B&B is top notch and sets it apart from the rest. Hale Huanani will be my first choice of stay during future visits to Maui.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ganesh S
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed at Hale Huanani in the Mai'a studio and it was by far much nicer than many of the other hotels/condos that I have stayed at. It was clean (always a big plus) and tastefully furnished. They live in a quiet neighborhood and on some days, it was nice to come back to the studio to just sit, read and enjoy the peaceful environment. I enjoyed the breakfast each morning -- fresh fruit and baked goods - the mango bread was delicious! It's pretty cool that they get some of the fruit from their property - mango, banana, star fruit, papaya, just to name a few. Chuck & Susan provided a lot of extras that you don't find at other places - beach chairs, boogie boards, beach mats, POG in the fridge :) They truly know the meaning of aloha!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank WashingtonBear
Kihei, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Here's why I loved staying here for almost 3 weeks

1. The high end furnishings, beautiful bed linens, towels, bath towels were immaculately clean and inviting.
2. The breakfasts every morning on the patio were varied every day, the combination of fruits (some exotic) and Susan's scrumptious home baking (those still warm blueberry muffins were my favourite) meant a treat to look forward to every morning.
3. After nightfall, the property was blissfully quiet.
4. The trees, tropical flowers and shrubs that grace the property were lovely to be surrounded by.
5. Your own parking spot off the street was convenient and handy. The trip to the town of Kihea was only a few minutes away.
6. The beach chairs, mats, towels that were available for your use made setting up a trip to the beach a 2 minute task, just pop them in your trunk and you are off. Susan has a special spot where you can drop off the towels after use, you don't even have to worry about washing them.
7. Speaking of laundry, it's a cumbersome task when travelling to find a local laundromat and spend time driving there and waiting there while washing your clothes. You are welcome to use the laundry facilities here and .....the laundry soap, bleach, stain remover and dryer sheets are provided. No running around town wasting half a day to do a couple of loads. When you stay here, that's means more beach time!
8.The kitchen was a delight, lovely appliances (full size fridge) and the cupboard is stacked with a generous supply of dishes, glassware, coffee, creamers, etc. The utensils include strong knives so that you can dig into some ribs or barbecued chicken without having to resort to a butter knife or plastic knife attack, which unfortunately I've had to do in one other location.
9. When you arrive, Susan gives you an in-depth briefing on the island of Maui, and goes over the highways, the sights and attractions that might be of interest to you, depending on your interests. She also gave me some great advice on which tour operator to use for the Road to Hana as well as which Rental Car Company she prefers.
10. Susan and Chuck already have thought of anything and everything that you might need so that you can have a wonderful stay. Best of all, they are on the premises and can help you with a question or request that might come up.

In my opinion, they could write a book on how to teach others to set up, run and maintain a top notch B&B. It's obvious that they have set the bar very high for taking care of their guests' every single wish and having stayed here, I certainly look forward to coming back in the future.

I would give them a 6th star because unfortunately I was sick (twice) during my stay. Chuck offered to drive to town for any prescriptions or anything that I needed at the drugstore. Susan gave me some feedback on the Maui Urgent Care office and Chuck later checked in on me two or three times a day to make sure that the infection that I picked up hadn't worsened.

It's difficult to be sick away from home and not able to be out there enjoying Maui's charms but I always knew that if my infection worsened that they would be right there to help me if I needed more medical care. That's deserving of at least one other star, perhaps even two!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Sunset_Sailor
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed here for a week and it was wonderful. We got in and were pleasantly surprised that the unit we stayed in had just been updated. The owner greeted us and gave us a tour around. They are very nice and extremely helpful with giving ideas and tips. They post a board on the outside wall with activities, and restaurants. They really went out of their way to have everything you need. Our room was really nice. They have a pretty little kitchen and a beautiful new bathroom that they supplied with all the essentials. The bed was comfy and they have a nice little attached living room to relax. I loved the windows, we kept ours open all around and had the most wonderful breezes all day and night. The grounds are really beautiful, you can tell they put a lot of work into the garden and it is so quiet and private. It was wonderful to wake up to the birds chirping. They even have a little feeder to attract the parrots to come up to the covered porch. And a sweet little cat that is super friendly. Breakfast was served every morning, fresh banana bread, coconut muffins, macadamia pumpkin bread. They made the best breads and muffins in the morning served hot with a few different selections of fresh sliced fruit. They also leave you a gallon of POG juice in the fridge on your arrival as well as coffee and snacks. We had to leave early twice to get to an activity and they left breakfast in the fridge for us so we would have it when we got back which I thought was very nice since I really looked forward to it every morning. They even left us a nice note and a box of chocolate macadamia nuts when we left. They are also in a great location and neighborhood. Close to the beaches and an easy drive to anywhere on the island. They even have beach gear to borrow. We couldn't have been more happy with our stay at the hale huanani. I would highly recommend them. Oh and they had bowls of fresh macadamia nuts and neat little nut cracker, they thought of everything!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Genmin
Oregon City, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Susan and Chuck are unobtrusive hosts at this great B&B. We stayed in one of the studios, which was on the first floor, but the owners above didn't bother us at all. The neighborhood is indeed quiet, except for the birds, which are a wonderful alarm clock. Susan has created a home away from home. The studio was beautifully decorated with everything I could ask for, including a comfy bed, wifi, large frig, coffeemaker with coffee, walk-in shower, lots of places to store and set up our stuff, and outside eating area. This is where they set up our table each morning for the surprise fruit and baked goods. And if we were already out for an early snorkel, the food was waiting for us indoors. Outside was a grill for all to use, as well as the small fruit and nut orchard, where I gathered a guava each day just for me. Use of their washer and dryer was very handy. And I can't forget to mention that they also provided a great guide book, map, and all the beach goodies (bag, chairs, mats, towels, boogie board, and snorkel gear). All I have to do now is figure out when I can go back.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Maui Coast Hotel
What a Wonderful World Bed and Breakfast
Days Inn Maui Oceanfront
Andaz Maui At Wailea
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to Hale Huanani Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!