“Lots of turtles”

Pali Sea Cliff Kayak Discovery
$69.89*
Maui Surf Instruction 101
More attraction details
Owner description: Exclusive kayak snorkel tours in Maui - both south and west Maui. Come join us and see turtles, dolphins and whales in a private, small group setting. Learn to Surf or Stand up Paddle while on Maui - what better place. Gentle rolling waves and warm sunshine. A must do activity. If your into more extreme sports, try windsurfing or Kite Boarding. Excellent conditions make Maui one of the worlds best spots to learn. Hike a rain forest, see waterfalls up close, visit a Bamboo Forest - Maui is blessed by mother Nature. Maui Eco Tours - Whats your adventure?
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We did the discovery tour in makena landing.
They provided us with dry bags and snorkel gear. so We kayaked to the spot and before we even got in the water there were turtles coming up for air.. I put my head in the water and boom! Turtles. It was our first time snorkeling and that was very exciting.

It was early morning and it was only my DH and I with the guide. We were also the only ones snorkeling in the water, No big groups just us.He was full of historic information. He also was very patient with us as we got sea sick and threw up in the ocean. Gross. But the water was warm and the location was full of fishes.
For our first time snorkeling I think we did a good job at the breathing technique. I give all the thanks to our guide because he explained everything well. Overall we had a great time even though our stomachs didn't ( sorry fishes).
At the end he offered granola bars and water. Very cool experience.

1  Thank JoanMcooL

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We went kayaking and snorkeling with Steve from Maui Eco Tours. Departure was from Makena Landing around 7.30 am after we received some paddling instructions right next to the beach. Steve kept using/teaching us Hawaiian phrases. It was a lot of fun and he had a great personality! We were five people including him.

Out in the ocean we stopped and snorkeled at two different locations, both part of the "five caves" area. The coral formations here were beautiful. There was no abundance of fish but instead we got to swim up close with giant sea turtles and that made it all worth it to us. Steve had brought water, snacks and soft drinks. Oh, and we saw spinner dolphins too. The length of the trip was perfect. We were a little bit cold after 2,5 hours and wouldn't have wanted to go to a third snorkeling spot anyway at that time.

This was really a great morning activity! The price was right too. I just wish I had brought an underwater camera!

1  Thank Sofie J
Reviewed June 15, 2012

First off big shout to our excellent guide, you rock!!! Unfortunately getting to meet you was the only worthwhile part of the tour. My wife and I took the sea cliff adventure tour in June '12. Even if the water had been smoother and the sun was actually out, it still wouldn't be worth the money. We expected to utilize the kayak to access snorkeling locations that would normally be too remote to reach from the beach. We parked the kayaks close to a shoreline that is only inaccessible because of the cliffs and highway. We booked the advanced trip looking for a challenge and didn't get one. The guides wouldn't let us get the boats into the waves, which we were hoping for at least at the landing. The thing that really stings though was the complete misrepresentation of the so-called totally non-existant Hawaiian lunch. We read on the website that the company had partnered up with a local catering company to provide lunch at the end of the 5 hour excursion. The excursion went about a mile up the coast and back, and only took 4 hours. At the end, there was no lunch. There wasn't even a half-assed sandwich and a bag of chips. Nothing. We paid $200. It wasn't worth half that. I would not recommend this trip to anyone.

3  Thank Suzy G
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I wanted to kayak and snorkel while in Maui, and after searching online, decided to book with Maui Eco tours - they provided both kayaking and snorkeling all in one trip. This company books with a smaller group so the experience is more personal; including the guide, there were only five in the group the day I went. The guide was very helpful and knowledgeable, even pointed out which islands we were looking at. If you haven't snorkeled or kayaked before, the guide gives a quick, yet informative, teaching before you head out into the ocean.You get to enjoy kayaking into the ocean, and snorkeling right off your kayak. We snorkeled at two spots - even got to see about 8-10 turtles too! Highly recommended activity to do when visiting Maui. The whole trip was about 3 hrs total.

1  Thank Jules D
Reviewed March 17, 2012

first time in ocean kayak. great experience with a group. we were more focused on whale watching and some of the group was more interested in snorkeling. Did get a good whale experience. Felt very comfortable & safe in kayak. Even with the wind that day had great control over kayak. Wish i had e-mail addresses of all our group. am attaching some shots taken!!

1  Thank erin j