“Cinnamon Roll Fair -Fairly Good!”

Cinnamon Roll Fair Hawaii
Ranked #3 of 5 Bakeries in Kihei
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Cinnamon Roll Fair -Fairly Good!”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The Cinnamon Roll's here are fresh and supplied with gobs of sweet glaze. If you want toppings such as sour cream icing, macadamia nuts, or fruit it's extra cost. The service is friendly and customer focused. There's other items to purchase to eat but the mainstay is the rolls and coffee.

• Visited August 2011

Lansing, New York
“BEST CINNAMON ROLLS HANDS DOWN-review from a Pastry Chef”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I am a Pastry Chef on the Mainland and have been in business for over 20 years. We have a condo and have been coming here for five years now. One of the first stops we make is Cinnamon Roll Fair. I have to say I am surprised by the negative reviews. I wonder if people who are unhappy have a true understanding of yeast-raised cinnamon rolls. Are they comparing them to Cinnabon, or Cindy's Cinnamon rolls, or better yet, Pillsbury canned cinnamon rolls ( which are really crisco bisquits with confectioner's glaze made with tons of preservatives) ? Cindy's and Cinnabon are OKAy but not the calibur of these. These are HUGE buns, thick with buttery, Gooey caramel and can come topped with pecans or macadamia nuts. At $4.40 they are worth every penny. They are soft, delicious yet chewy with c aramel. They are balanced perfectly with sweetness. The only thing I think needs improving on are: the branding, the look and size of the space ( could use some tables and chairs and a new cute interior design) offering real butter ( not margarine) with the rolls, and finding a more visible space to sell their cinnamon rolls from. Their mixed berry scones are delicious, and the owners Leslie and Frank co?uldn't be nicer people.

• Visited July 2011
“Hole in the wall.”
Reviewed February 17, 2011

It's located under a stairway to denny's. No seating inside, and only enough seats for 10 people outside. A roll with 1 topping is $4.40. It is CASH ONLY. They are very good, but somewhat expensive (as is anywhere in Hawaii)

valencia,ca
“Was it a leftover from the day before?”
Reviewed August 1, 2010

This place opens at 6 am and I was there at 6:05 am. I orderd a roll with pecan topping and took it back to the hotel (Maui Coast) less than a half mile away. It was still very hot and the aroma of cinnamon was mouth-watering. But after taking the first bite, I was totally disappointed. It was, somewhat, tasty all right but it chewed like it was warmed up in a microwave oven. If I am wrong, please accept my sincere apology. Instead of being soft and fresh like right out of the oven, it was chewy. A fresh roll should be tender and should almost melt in the mouth. Although, some parts were still soft, some parts were not. It means it was either unevenly cooked in the oven or heated up unevenly in the microwave oven. I bought it only 5 minutes after the business opened, and I really did not know what to think. I hope I am wrong. I stayed in Maui for 5 days and eat out every meal. And I was not happy with any of the foods my wife and I had. Next time I visit Maui, I will just go to Costco by the airport and eat their pizza or hot dogs.

2 Thank sjhan12652
USA
“Cinnamon Rolls Downhill”
Reviewed May 17, 2009

The quality of this yearly favorite breakfast spot has slipped. Not sure if the recipe has changed or what. Not as good as it once was. Too bad.