Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience Maui Kayak Adventures
from $92.71
More Info
All reviews whale watching sea turtles fish group tour private tour makena landing great pictures great guide mother and calf highlight of our trip turtle town marine life took pictures guide john fun morning amazing morning underwater photos
Selected filters
Reviewed July 29, 2015

Decided to book this excursion on my last day of Maui and it was the highlight of our trip. We booked the two person private kayak tour in Makena and we toured turtle town. Our tour guide Curtis was excellent. We loved that he took the time to show us the different sea life that we might see before we went snorkelling. We were able to spot the different fish and actually know what they were. The best part was that we got to swim right beside a sea turtle. Excellent kayak and snorkel gear. We also loved the photos that Curtis took of us snorkelling. I can't wait to visit Maui again and I will definitely book another tour.

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed July 22, 2015 via mobile

We took the 3 hour group tour from Makena landing. There was a total of 8 in our group so we received individual attention. My kids and I had little snorkeling experience so our guide, John, was very helpful. He discussed what we would see and how to get into the kayaks and how to paddle before we started. We lucked out and there was a pod of very social spinner Dolphins that stayed around us. John pointed out turtles, an octopus, fish, eels, and types of turtles. He had a camera and took pictures which he posted online at no cost. He provided water and a granola bar when we returned. On the way back, John explained how to get out of the kayak safely and even threw in the line with great timing..." You can tip over but you can never over tip."

Date of experience: July 2015
HawaiianPaddleSports, Manager at Maui Kayak Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2015

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a positive review about your experience. Dolphins! Wow! It is such a treat to see dolphins while you are kayaking. It sounds like you had a fabulous day and got to see a lot of marine life. It is an awesome expereince to have a certified marine naturalist lead you on a tour around the reef pointing out these miraculous sea creatures and teaching you about their characteristics and behaviors. Our guides love sharing their knowledge and passion with others. Be sure to join us again on your next visit to Maui.
Aloha!
-Kathi, Operations Manager

Reviewed July 14, 2015

My wife and I took a private kayak tour with Jay and it was amazing. He was really friendly and helped us out a bunch. We both truly had a great time. We really hope that we can get back to Maui some time and have another tour with Jay.

Reviewed July 10, 2015

My name is Sharill Cortez and my family and I had an amazing experience with Maui Kayak Adventures. The person who is responsible for this positive experience is the tour guide, John. He has a fun, friendly, and humorous personality which immediately puts anyone at ease. He's also extremely knowledgeable in managing kayaks, to where the best snorkeling spot is, to knowing the entire island of Maui. In my situation, I am not a strong swimmer, but John's support and patience encouraged me to jump in and let loose. I saw sea turtles, colorful fish, and corral reef. The rest of my family, who are all good swimmers, also had a wonderful time. John continuously made my family and the rest of the group members feel special, from the 8-10 year old little boy, to the unexperienced swimmers, to my teenage daughter, to the men. I am eager to see the pictures and will discuss the quality once I receive the images. Anyway, I HIGHLY recommend this place and if you can ask for John. Have fun and "Aloha."

1  Thank Sharill C
Reviewed July 5, 2015 via mobile

We took our trip with our great guide John with my family including my 14 year old boy and 10 year old girl who had never snorkeled before. My husband has scuba dived and I am a chicken. John gave us a quick intro on the beach, then we got launched. Our group was a great size, only 4 kayaks. John was very aware of other groups and making sure we had space to snorkel and see the turtles. We snorkeled 2 different spots, saw turtles and lots of fish in both. John even found an octopus on the coral and brought it up for us to see up close! My son and I paddled past some of the bigger tour boats who were still going through instruction and we were jumping in to see turtles swim right up to us! Since our kayaks were smaller and more maneuverable, we could get right to the underwater caves. Then again, if you like snorkeling in a long line of noodles, maybe that is the tour for you. But if you like great personal service, flexibility to go where the turtles and fish are and a small group where you aren't fighting for a view, this is your trip.