“"WOW!"”

Maui Kayak Adventures
Ranked #5 of 88 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer small group or private kayak tours. On group tours we will never have more than 8 guests to 1 guide…. ask other companies what their ratio is. Digital Photography is always included on our tours at no additional charge. Snorkel with green hawaiian sea turtles in the summer months or go whale watching in the winter months. We are 1 of 5 CERTIFIED Eco Tour Operators on the island of Maui. All of our guides are CERTIFIED Marine Naturalists.
Reviewed August 1, 2015

Took the 3 hour group Makena landing tour. We also did the road to Hana, Feast of Lele Luau and Pearl Harbor tour, All fantastic. But all these activities did not compare to the Makena Landing tour. This is a must do. Your guide will be lead you on a great adventure/ education of marine and Hawaiian life style. You wont want to miss this tour. . WOW!

HawaiianPaddleSports, Manager at Maui Kayak Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2015

Mahalo for joining us for a kayak and snorkel tour. It sounds like you experienced many adventures and really enjoyed your time on Maui! Our guides are certified marine naturalists and love to share their knowledge with our guests. It is fun to learn about the marine life you will see before you go snorkeling so you can recognize the different species of fish and other marine life while you are snorkeling. We are so excited you had a "WOW" experience with us on the water. We look forward to seeing you again.
Aloha!

"fun morning"
in 4 reviews
"three hours"

Reviewed July 29, 2015

Decided to book this excursion on my last day of Maui and it was the highlight of our trip. We booked the two person private kayak tour in Makena and we toured turtle town. Our tour guide Curtis was excellent. We loved that he took the time to show us the different sea life that we might see before we went snorkelling. We were able to spot the different fish and actually know what they were. The best part was that we got to swim right beside a sea turtle. Excellent kayak and snorkel gear. We also loved the photos that Curtis took of us snorkelling. I can't wait to visit Maui again and I will definitely book another tour.

Reviewed July 22, 2015 via mobile

We took the 3 hour group tour from Makena landing. There was a total of 8 in our group so we received individual attention. My kids and I had little snorkeling experience so our guide, John, was very helpful. He discussed what we would see and how to get into the kayaks and how to paddle before we started. We lucked out and there was a pod of very social spinner Dolphins that stayed around us. John pointed out turtles, an octopus, fish, eels, and types of turtles. He had a camera and took pictures which he posted online at no cost. He provided water and a granola bar when we returned. On the way back, John explained how to get out of the kayak safely and even threw in the line with great timing..." You can tip over but you can never over tip."

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a positive review about your experience. Dolphins! Wow! It is such a treat to see dolphins while you are kayaking. It sounds like you had a fabulous day and got to see a lot of marine life. It is an awesome expereince to have a certified marine naturalist lead you on a tour around the reef pointing out these miraculous sea creatures and teaching you about their characteristics and behaviors. Our guides love sharing their knowledge and passion with others. Be sure to join us again on your next visit to Maui.
Aloha!
-Kathi, Operations Manager

Reviewed July 14, 2015

My wife and I took a private kayak tour with Jay and it was amazing. He was really friendly and helped us out a bunch. We both truly had a great time. We really hope that we can get back to Maui some time and have another tour with Jay.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 10, 2015

My name is Sharill Cortez and my family and I had an amazing experience with Maui Kayak Adventures. The person who is responsible for this positive experience is the tour guide, John. He has a fun, friendly, and humorous personality which immediately puts anyone at ease. He's also extremely knowledgeable in managing kayaks, to where the best snorkeling spot is, to knowing the entire island of Maui. In my situation, I am not a strong swimmer, but John's support and patience encouraged me to jump in and let loose. I saw sea turtles, colorful fish, and corral reef. The rest of my family, who are all good swimmers, also had a wonderful time. John continuously made my family and the rest of the group members feel special, from the 8-10 year old little boy, to the unexperienced swimmers, to my teenage daughter, to the men. I am eager to see the pictures and will discuss the quality once I receive the images. Anyway, I HIGHLY recommend this place and if you can ask for John. Have fun and "Aloha."

1  Thank Sharill C